Strength Attribute

The sacred wiki just brought the following to my attention:

Strength

Increases Attack value as well as basic damage for all close range weapons except daggers, swords that take up 3 spaces in the inventory and mage staffs.

Now I'm wondering if 3 spaces in the inventory = 3 weight on consoles? I need to check what my current equipped swords weigh, but I'm mostly using a 2 handed sword and I'm betting it weighs more than 2 points... :paladin:

I hope this question is not already addressed! :closedeyes:

Edited by Scleameth

The sacred wiki just brought the following to my attention:

Strength

Increases Attack value as well as basic damage for all close range weapons except daggers, swords that take up 3 spaces in the inventory and mage staffs.

Now I'm wondering if 3 spaces in the inventory = 3 weight on consoles? I need to check what my current equipped swords weigh, but I'm mostly using a 2 handed sword and I'm betting it weighs more than 2 points... :paladin:

I hope this question is not already addressed! :closedeyes:

Confusing, as it doesn't say that everywhere :- My link

I remember that description somewhere... can't find it now, LOL.

The best way to see which attribute your weapon is using for damage, always check the attribute page in-game.

IIRC, the attributes affect weapon damages as follows:

Intelligence - Mage Staffs (1H and 2H)

Dexterity - Ranged Weapons, Daggers, Shortswords and "polearms with a rounded-top"... mmmm marshmallows :)

Strength - the rest!

Thanks - I'll check it out when I get a chance to start the game up again. Currently it's school holidays and I'm listening to Smurfs when Toy Story or Shrek is not on demand by my 2 year old...

EDIT:

essjayehm, from what you say about Int, Dex, and STR - I think the Wiki should probably read:

"...for all close range weapons except daggers, swords that take up LESS than 3 spaces (ie. short swords) in the inventory and mage staffs." :)

It would just make RPG sense to boost Strength in order to inflict more damage with a broad sword and boost Dex to inflict more damage with short swords.

EDIT EDIT:

... then again strength does not always act out the way you'd expect (from about 30 seconds)

IIRC Mirko still introduced this video on the SIF a few years ago..

Edited by Scleameth

I simply like using this chart: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Weapons.

Essjayehm has the correct list and gives the advice I normally give: Check which Attribute is given "Weapon Damage+" when equipping the weapon.

The whole part about the "3 spaces" is incorrect anyways, as the Ice Flash and Quetzal's First Strike both take up only 3 spaces (according to the images found in the Uniques database page), but are both modified by Strength.

Edit: My intended point is that there are so many exceptions that we should remove the reference to "3 spaces" entirely, and use a description like Essjayehm's: "Everything except daggers, short swords, mage staffs and blunt polearms."

Edited by Mystix123

I simply like using this chart: http://www.sacredwik...cred_2:Weapons.

Essjayehm has the correct list and gives the advice I normally give: Check which Attribute is given "Weapon Damage+" when equipping the weapon.

The whole part about the "3 spaces" is incorrect anyways, as the Ice Flash and Quetzal's First Strike both take up only 3 spaces (according to the images found in the Uniques database page), but are both modified by Strength.

Edit: My intended point is that there are so many exceptions that we should remove the reference to "3 spaces" entirely, and use a description like Essjayehm's: "Everything except daggers, short swords, mage staffs and blunt polearms."

Mystix I like the way you summed that up. Are you still able to make edits to Wiki, would you like to update the pages?

:)

gogo

Mystix I like the way you summed that up. Are you still able to make edits to Wiki, would you like to update the pages?

Done and done!

I revised the main Attribute page, as well as the Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence pages.

Thanks to Essjayehm for the inspiration and direction on how to state it clearly.

Hopefully that should clear things up for you Scleameth! Thanks for bringing this to discussion, progress is good.

Edited by Mystix123

OK cool - thanks all! :cow_white:

I don't like the console inventory setup that much to be honest... I have my settings to jut pick up 3 star items or better and only clean up my inventory when my seraphim complains about back ache. :bomb: So I've never really observed what the actual weight of items are, I only scrap as all items that don't pass the grade.