Quest Bestiary - enemies that are part of quests should go here

I just wanted to apologise once more. I really-really don't want to insult any of you, since you are awesome people, who are doing interesting work. Sometimes I just can't find the right words to say the things I'm worried about.

And one little question to admins. This one is about this forum. Is there a time limit for the post to be edited? After some time I get error messages while pressing the 'edit' button. It's something along the lines of 'you don't have permission to edit this post'. Multi-posting is quite an annoying thing, yet I have to do it sometimes, since editing is impossible.

Edited by Silver_fox
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really looking forward to seeing the improved Abbess page when it's done. I would definitely prefer the pages I added the quest dialogue pictures to be improved as well. That was what I had available. I keep trying to work with screen shots and simply am unable to do so.

We all want the wiki to be the best it can be. When a standard for an NPC page has been developed, I would propose inputing it into the red linked NPC's I find and adding the text info. Then I would make a note on my user page about it and let others add the pics as they have time.

I believe that would be more efficient than constantly adding posts to a thread in this forum.

Edited by Ysne58

I just wanted to apologise once more. I really-really don't want to insult any of you, since you are awesome people, who are doing interesting work. Sometimes I just can't find the right words to say the things I'm worried about.

And one little question to admins. This one is about this forum. Is there a time limit for the post to be edited? After some time I get error messages while pressing the 'edit' button. It's something along the lines of 'you don't have permission to edit this post'. Multi-posting is quite an annoying thing, yet I have to do it sometimes, since editing is impossible.

Yeah, there's a time limit. This stops vandalism for posts after a period of time.

I prefer the multi posts now, because all of us are pretty fast posters, so... when we want to add more info, the added part of it going to another post signals attention instead of just updating an earlier post which may never get seen. A few times yesterday I thought I was responding to the post above me, but someone had already cut me to the post in front of mine!

:lol:

gogo

I prefer the multi posts now, because all of us are pretty fast posters, so... when we want to add more info, the added part of it going to another post signals attention instead of just updating an earlier post which may never get seen. A few times yesterday I thought I was responding to the post above me, but someone had already cut me to the post in front of mine!

gogo

Due to the fact that I live in a very different time zone, I often happen to post here while no one is around. I just thought that maybe seing three posts from me in a line may be a bit annoying for you. But actually I just got worried because multi-posting is prohibited in some of the russian forums (just like spam).

Silver, I sent you a note regarding what I think is a new template Schot was working on early this morning around 4 am , did you see?

http://www.sacredwik...ristocratic_Spy

Loox pretty solid so far!

:bounce:

gogo

I haven't seen this one before. This page looked differently the last time I checked it. This template looks quite nice. This double 300px map looks quite informative ever while it is only a thumbnail. How about this thing for the quest pages too? I tried here. I'm not sure, whether or not you'd like it though. But it takes the same amount of space as two 150px maps placed one above the other, yet looks a bit more informative.

And I agree about 200px for the NPC portrait. My own standart was 250px (I resized the screenshots to this size), but 200px seems to work really good.

In other words, I see nothing to argue about in this page. If you like it too, I'd modify all the pages I created earlier to this standart. I also wanted to ask you to create a template that can be inserted into a newly created page.

Thank you for paying attention to this thing, and please forgive me if I insulted you yesterday.

As far as myself I think the page looks awesome. And think you and Schot hit upon the right combination myself. And no worries about differences of opinion - I get them all the time with Schot and gogo :P It's the teamwork and the pages we create from compromise and the conversations that ensue. So anytime anyone has an idea, please let us now.

The Bestiary looks vastly different from where I started it. It was a combination of ideas, trial and error and conversations that produced what it is now. I see the NPC pages going thru the same transformational process.

I really enjoy all the hard work you have put in. Between you and Ysne the quest pages are filling up and links are going blue all over the place. It really is wonderful to see all the recent changes that have happened

Kudos to you both bow.gif

gogo

Due to the fact that I live in a very different time zone, I often happen to post here while no one is around. I just thought that maybe seing three posts from me in a line may be a bit annoying for you. But actually I just got worried because multi-posting is prohibited in some of the russian forums (just like spam).

Silver, I sent you a note regarding what I think is a new template Schot was working on early this morning around 4 am , did you see?

http://www.sacredwik...ristocratic_Spy

Loox pretty solid so far!

:bounce:

gogo

I haven't seen this one before. This page looked differently the last time I checked it. This template looks quite nice. This double 300px map looks quite informative ever while it is only a thumbnail. How about this thing for the quest pages too? I tried here. I'm not sure, whether or not you'd like it though. But it takes the same amount of space as two 150px maps placed one above the other, yet looks a bit more informative.

And I agree about 200px for the NPC portrait. My own standart was 250px (I resized the screenshots to this size), but 200px seems to work really good.

In other words, I see nothing to argue about in this page. If you like it too, I'd modify all the pages I created earlier to this standart. I also wanted to ask you to create a template that can be inserted into a newly created page.

Thank you for paying attention to this thing, and please forgive me if I insulted you yesterday.

I would like to get a copy of the template. Is there one on the wiki that I can use? There are some NPCs that have a lot of information that I could be adding as I'm going through various pages.

The template is still under discussion. Mine derived from the original one that you can get by pressing the 'NPC' button on the toolbar. I made my own standarts for the pics, since there were nothing about it in the original template. But anyway, the new one is under construction now. Let's wait for it to get ready.

And don't worry, I remember about the Abbess. I'd edit her page as soon as I adjust the once I made before to a new template.

The template is still under discussion. Mine derived from the original one that you can get by pressing the 'NPC' button on the toolbar. I made my own standarts for the pics, since there were nothing about it in the original template. But anyway, the new one is under construction now. Let's wait for it to get ready.

And don't worry, I remember about the Abbess. I'd edit her page as soon as I adjust the once I made before to a new template.

Thanks Silver. That is truly awesome.

Very good point about the quest pics Silver. I like that idea! I think it might be high time to have a look at the templates and possibly create new ones. I'll probably spend most of my time this month on Templates I think. As for this template it's more or less done. I'll set up a new topic now that the template is truly underway and get feedback from everyone. :)

EDIT:

Going to take a bit of time... I have to take frequent breaks due to an injury which is making this a looooong process. Bleh!

We'll probably run into this situation several times while doing the quests. The easiest and probably best way to differentiate between similarly named NPC's/Enemies is to include the quest associated with them in the first part of the code. For example the Soldier in the Unexpected News quest goes from:

[[sacred 2:Soldier|Soldier]]

to

[[sacred 2:Soldier - Unexpected News|Soldier]]

This one is a quest enemy on the shadow path HE MQ and on the light path, but doesn't get killed on the light path. I did not see a quest enemy treatment for him.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Student

This one is an npc in the same quest on the light path, and both an enemy and an npc on shadow path.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Arch_Mage

I don't see him listed as a quest enemy either.

You probably won't find many shadow only quest enemies in Bestiary....one of those things I didn't get to b4 getting ill. Maybe I'll run through them so you 2 will have active links for them...could use a little break from the Places section anyways

You probably won't find many shadow only quest enemies in Bestiary....one of those things I didn't get to b4 getting ill. Maybe I'll run through them so you 2 will have active links for them...could use a little break from the Places section anyways

I'm sorry you were ill. I will probably be getting to The Center of Power tomorrow. I just finished up Thwarted Attack Plans, but left the enemies unlinked because I couldn't find anything. Everything else is linked up on that page now.

Big russian holidays are over now, so I might be a bit less active. But anyway, I'm going to add more NPCs today.

I'm going to make an enemy-NPC mixed pages for the arch-mage from the HE's campaign and Inquisition Guard from Seraphim's singleplayer beginning. So it would be easy for me to take care of the student too. I'd do it now.

Big russian holidays are over now, so I might be a bit less active. But anyway, I'm going to add more NPCs today.

I'm going to make an enemy-NPC mixed pages for the arch-mage from the HE's campaign and Inquisition Guard from Seraphim's singleplayer beginning. So it would be easy for me to take care of the student too. I'd do it now.

That sounds like a great plan to me Silver. Thanks.

Found out that the archmage is not shown as the 'Last opponent', since he died after the fight. So there is no way to get his stats and describe him as a proper enemy. At the same time, the student seems to be just an enemy to me. You have to fight him in both campaigns. The only difference is that in the light one the script doesn't allow him to die (probably makes him invincible). I won't make him into the pure enemy, yet I don't see the NPC description for him.

Found out that the archmage is not shown as the 'Last opponent', since he died after the fight. So there is no way to get his stats and describe him as a proper enemy. At the same time, the student seems to be just an enemy to me. You have to fight him in both campaigns. The only difference is that in the light one the script doesn't allow him to die (probably makes him invincible). I won't make him into the pure enemy, yet I don't see the NPC description for him.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Student

That was what I found when I was editing the shadow version of the quest page.

Edited by Ysne58

Yes, I've found that link too. I meant that I don't know how to describe him as an NPC and whether or not it is necessary to do so. I won't delete the existing page nor modify it to the new template (at least now). I'd just add his description as an enemy to the existing page.

Yes, I've found that link too. I meant that I don't know how to describe him as an NPC and whether or not it is necessary to do so. I won't delete the existing page nor modify it to the new template (at least now). I'd just add his description as an enemy to the existing page.

I'm not sure what else we can do with him. He has no dialogue. The Archmage will be there for other characters with a different message than his conversation with the High Elf.

I did the beatiary entry for Student. I removed him from the NPC category, yet left all the info about him on his page. More info is never bad, isn't it?

Also done with the Arch Mage and Inquisition Guard from the Seraphim's first main-quest.

So now there are a bit less quest enemies left to add.

The Archmage and Inquisition Guard both look fantastic Silver. I think you did the right thing with the student.