Places pages

If possible, it would be better to describe the role an NPC plays instead of saying "involved in" when we do come back to this. I used 'involved in' because I was under the impression that was the standard.

Had I been aware that it wasn't gospel I would have typed killed in instead of involved in. Just another little lack of clarity here.

Edited by Ysne58

I noticed that Festering Zombie accidentally got removed from the list of NPC's on the Sloeford page, so I added Zeno's line back in.

There are so many NPC's on that page. Is it a good idea to add all the other class quests NPCs to this page at this time? Would it be better to wait until we revisit this idea?

In wasn't removed accidentally. I removed it while adding other NPCs to the list, because enemies shouldn't be in the NPC list. Now I remembered that it talks to you, so I wanted to return it back, but once more: If a quest enemy should be upgraded to the enemy-NPC mix, it shouldn't be called an enemy or a killed monster.

'Involved in' is a standart for the NPC template. That is how the role other than a quest giver is described on all the NPC pages.

Hey guys

Let's revisit this idea. There are a lot of projects on everyone's table, and even me and Schot are falling behind with our own projects for skins on wiki, skins on forum (lol it's still Christmas here this is how behind we are :4rofl:, downloads organization. New template are hugely taxing, and for the next few days mabye we can look at quests to be written, npc pages et3c and leave Pages for a bit. Right now it's NPC driven, it looks decent, later on when the other pages are top notch we can come back.

Please leave Places Pages as they are.

Cheers

:)

gogo

Ok. I will just add the red links to the NPC pages where appropriate and not worry about it for now. Besides, I think Silver is right about the places page currently being Knuckles project (or "baby" as some IT people describe their projects here in the midwest).

When we revisit this -- If I understand the history correctly, the words 'Involved in' were originally intended to only be used if you could not describe the NPC's role in three or fewer words.

If we applied this rule on the Golden Coast page

Healer Lanara could be described as "Accompanies Lt. Niran" in the Pirate Cave quest instead of saying she is involved in.

Lt. Niran could be described as "Is reported to" instead of "is involved in.

Sgt. Xalanader "is rescued in" the pirate cave quest instead of "is involved in"

Soldier Quindor "is rescued in" the pirate cave quest instead of "is involved in"

Since that appears to have been the original rule of thumb, I would like to start applying it to any new entries on Places pages that I make if that is ok with Schot and Gogo.

Hi, again I'm sorry regarding this, but this work on the places pages is taking too much of our time out for us to review and check.

Please for now to just leave place pages as they are, and when some time is cleared up from other projects and our work with the skins we will again have time to review this work.

Please leave the pages as they are, using set template that Zeno left

If you want, please pm me regarding this

:)

gogo

This is a note for when we revisit this. Someone already set the the quests up on the Thylysium page in order of importantce. There are no subheadings, but there is a space between each type of quest. The class quests and light/shadow path quests are not listed. The Shadow path Campaign quests also are not there yet.

What the person did was list them in the following order (as noted without any subheadings)-- which looks pretty good to me:

Campaign

Epic Office

Chain

Side

I will add the light/shadow and class quests at the bottom of the list, they can be sorted in later.

Sea of Heavens, located east of Tylysium, does not have a places page.

At the very least, it has a name in game, a temple of the gods, an Ascaron employee and a cemetery.

Temple of the Gods should also have a page (not a places page) because there are so many of them in the game. I believe there is a red link for them already, nothing on the page though.

Been there as long as I can remember...I didn't add it

Edit: I just noticed you added a 2nd "Sea of Heavens" to the places page. I'm going to remove it as it's already there and the syntax is correct on the original one. Looks like it was off one spot alphabetically on the list

Been there as long as I can remember...I didn't add it

Edit: I just noticed you added a 2nd "Sea of Heavens" to the places page. I'm going to remove it as it's already there and the syntax is correct on the original one. Looks like it was off one spot alphabetically on the list

I must be going blind or something. I did not see it on the page.

been blind here a long time :D

With it being off one spot alphabetically it placed at the bottom of the previous row so it wasn't obvious. I just happened to know it was there.. I didn't even realize it til after you changed it and put it in the right spot.

I've got just the trick for this sort of thing Ysne! You can search for a word on a page by holding down the CTRL key and pushing the f key. That will open a text box where you can type in a word you want to find on a page. If it exists on the page the tool will find it and highlight it for you to see. :)

I've got just the trick for this sort of thing Ysne! You can search for a word on a page by holding down the CTRL key and pushing the f key. That will open a text box where you can type in a word you want to find on a page. If it exists on the page the tool will find it and highlight it for you to see. :)

Thanks Schot -- that will be useful.

CTRL F.. a Wiki Editor's MUST HAVE tool. That little function saves me what seems like hours of mind-numbing scrolling trying to get t to a single name on a seemingly long page.

:dance:

gogo