3 new sets for Sacred 2

I put two versions of this girl next to each other, so they can be easely compared.

It looks nice. I like it, silver_fox!

Perhaps in v0120 the Sopor Set will get minor changes too. There is a little problem with nVidia SLI systems. And the arms and legs need real armor. (Not much, she will still show a bit of skin. :whistle:)

I put two versions of this girl next to each other, so they can be easely compared.

It looks nice. I like it, silver_fox!

Perhaps in v0120 the Sopor Set will get minor changes too. There is a little problem with nVidia SLI systems. And the arms and legs need real armor. (Not much, she will still show a bit of skin. :whistle:)

Lazy, I love all this energy you're putting into the sets. I was worried that the constant creation was going to burn you out after I'd read a post you had written here on the boards.

The fans like your work!

:bounce:

gogo

I would have to note something... Since I just started fooling around with the cm-patch, I haven't noticed it earlier.

I really like the new Virtues of the Seraphim set - it has decent modifiers, it looks awesome, and it fits the seraphim's "job description" perfectly. However, there is one little problem with it - the damage mitigation on gloves. That's a bit too much. The seraphim has damage mitigation on:

Armor

Shoulders

Wings

Gloves

Shield

add to that toughness, and you can easily get a demigod chick very quickly. Let's make a rough calculation: 13% from armor, 12% from wings, 12% from shoulders, 11% from glacial defender, for all I see gloves scale like armor, so 13% from that too. Toughness is at least 25% when mastered along with some + all skills. Total of 86% at relatively low level. Add a few damage mitigation amulets and you'll hit 100% in no time. The only thing she'll be susceptible to is life leech from mobs :)

Although I do like the idea of trying out this setup with the new mutation set - I can make a pretty darn impressive caster seraphim :)

I was worried that the constant creation was going to burn you out after I'd read a post you had written here on the boards.

There is nothing to worry about. no.gif

The last weeks I have worked on a project inside the CM-Patch. It is top secret and it will need still some months of work. Nevertheless it possibly will never come into the world.

Meanwhile I have uploaded my personal mod of the CM-Patch v0110 (except some changes to come with CM v0120 wink.gif) to my website.

I will also post it here on Darkmatters.

Was wondering what level/difficulty I should start seeing these new sets?

I loaded up my farming balance.txt (level 20, Silver; CM 0110) and the drops were kinda weird. The set items were being generated with random names. When equipped, I still receive the set bonus. Pretty sure it's not supposed to work like that :sick:.

Edited by DMCain

Were there any troubles with the patch installation? It behaves like the locale files are missing or like if they were installed for the wrong language. Can you look for the lines about global.res in the file called 'Sacred 2 Fallen Angel 2.65.x Patch Log.txt' (can be found in the main folder of the game). What game version do you have?

Were there any troubles with the patch installation? It behaves like the locale files are missing or like if they were installed for the wrong language. Can you look for the lines about global.res in the file called 'Sacred 2 Fallen Angel 2.65.x Patch Log.txt' (can be found in the main folder of the game). What game version do you have?

I have the UK version of Sacred 2 Gold patched up to 2.65.1. When I installed the CM, I wasn't given a choice of language. Supposed to be en_uk (that's the version I have), but it may have defaulted to en_us since that's what my computer is running with.

I disabled and then re-enabled the CM. Looking at that file, it looks like a lot of the localization files were skipped.

This is not a full list of skipped locale files.

[03/28/2011 02:36:11] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\en_UK\Itemnames.csv
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\en_UK\global.res
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\pl_PL\Itemnames.csv
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\AntqSSK.ttf
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\AppendBonus.csv
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\AppendMaterial.csv
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\AppendRare.csv
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\Carolingia.ttf
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\DescriptionBonus.csv
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\DescriptionMaterial.csv
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\DescriptionRare.csv
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\global.res
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\Itemnames.csv
[03/28/2011 02:36:19] Skipped	Patch file (conditions): E:\Sacred 2\2.65.1 Commipatch\0110\locale\hu_HU\ZabriskieScript-Bold.ttf

CM doesn't have en_US at all, since it was released for Ice and Blood only, and there is no en_US version of Ice and Blood. But the insaller takes this info from Sacred 2 registry entry, not from the system. I had noproblem with patching my en_UK version even though my system suggests to use ru_RU instead. But according to the file the en_UK global.res was skipped - this means that there would be no new texts for the CM content in game - like empty quest dialogs and random item names. There was a discussion of this problem in the main CM thread (This post and the following ones). Probably you should take a look at it. Try the test programs, maybe they would tell you something. After all, sometimes it can be fixed by re-installing the game.

Edited by Silver_fox

CM doesn't have en_US at all, since it was released for Ice and Blood only, and there is no en_US version of Ice and Blood. But the insaller takes this info from Sacred 2 registry entry, not from the system. I had noproblem with patching my en_UK version even though my system suggests to use ru_RU instead. But according to the file the en_UK global.res was skipped - this means that there would be no new texts for the CM content in game - like empty quest dialogs and random item names. There was a discussion of this problem in the main CM thread (This post and the following ones). Probably you should take a look at it. Try the test programs, maybe they would tell you something. After all, sometimes it can be fixed by re-installing the game.

I started this whole thing over the weekend with a whole new fresh install once I got Sacred 2 Gold downloaded. Is it possible that some of the old registry keys were left behind when I removed the US version of sacred 2? Anyway, here's the order in which I did the installation:

- Un-installed Elite Graphics

- Un-installed Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (US version)

- Rebooted machine (Not really necessary, but a habit I've gotten into after removing software)

- Installed Sacred 2 Gold UK version

- Patched to 2.40

- Installed Elite Graphics

- Installed Ice & Blood

- Patched to 2.65.1

- Enabled CM Patch 0110

Looks like I may have to remove and re-install, but that is something for the weekend. I can live with missing text and misnamed items for a few days.

Anywho, thanks for the help and I'll see what happens later this week when I have time to actually sit down and tinker with it again.

I remember that when I uninstalled Sacred and then installed it again it found old registry keys - so it's possible. But in my case it was OK, since I installed exactly the same game (the whole reinstall thing started because I needed to remove the 2.65.1 patch). Maybe you would need to clean the registry if you want to install it once more.

I remember that when I uninstalled Sacred and then installed it again it found old registry keys - so it's possible. But in my case it was OK, since I installed exactly the same game (the whole reinstall thing started because I needed to remove the 2.65.1 patch). Maybe you would need to clean the registry if you want to install it once more.

I just finished a clean install, after purging registry of all the old keys. And I'm still skipping the locale files. SO, I did some digging in the registry and noticed that when I installed the Elite graphics (en_UK) that the language dword wasn't set. So, once again, I'll remove the whole thing and re-install and skip the graphics and see if that helps. Or if someone else knows what that particular entry is supposed to be for en_UK I'll just manually enter it.

And gogo, terribly sorry for hijacking the thread like this.

• 4 weeks later...