3 new sets for Sacred 2

They're here, they're in, they're finally up on the wiki gracing it's pages with their shiningness. Set pages take a lot of work for the wiki, the template is detailed, the item modifiers are numerous and the pages that stem off each with their own part of the set all taking time. On top of that, the hand done render that is the frontispiece of the page is an art style pioneered by Schot years ago with Sacred's original game and now continued with Sacred 2. This time around, with Schot being called (quartered? :lol:) in so many directions at once, a new art-star has shown promising work, with most of these last three pages sweated upon by him, Munera, with Schot helping out with guidance for some of the renders.

Their work complete, here are the new SacredWiki set pages, with kudos to Munera and Schot!

CM Patch required ^^

High Elf

Armaments of the nine hells

Seraphim

Virtues of the Seraphim

Sopor Aethernis

There are supposed to be even more delicious new goodies on their way, and we'll post new pages as they appear in the Wiki.

Enjoy

:)

gogo

Nice!

Almost enough to make me fork out the cash it would take to get the pc version.

If you do, be sure to click on the big banner at the top... The US version of the game isn't compatible with Ice and Blood - and consequently not compatible with the CM Patch.

The link will take you to DLGamer's site and you can purchase the UK version of the full game (Fallen Angel AND Ice and Blood - and download it to your hard drive. You get the bonus of being able to play Ice and Blood as well as the CM Patch goodness. DarkMatters also benefits given it was one of the ads on this site that got you there - so Gogo and Schot get a little something-something to keep the lights on. Everybody wins.

/shameless_plug

• Like! 1

That's great to finally see them on the wiki! Munera and Schot are doing a great work to present these sets on such a wonderful pages. On a sad note, did you notice that the Virtues set is incomplete? There is 11 items in it, not 9. The sword and the shield aren't described on the page (though they are obviously present in the set bonuses screenshot).

And one more thing to note - in the new CM one of these sets is going to get a new texture on some pieces and therefore an improved look.

Edited by Silver_fox

wolfie2kX, I have been ready to jump ship for a while now, I just cannot justify the cost (I would have to buy a Windows license in addition to the game itself). I just saw this post and thought WOW! Those are my two favorite characters.

wolfie2kX, I have been ready to jump ship for a while now, I just cannot justify the cost (I would have to buy a Windows license in addition to the game itself). I just saw this post and thought WOW! Those are my two favorite characters.

Hmm.. I see the possible problem. Not having Windows on your system can be quite an issue.

However, if you're interested, you can pick up a copy of Windows XP Home for fairly cheap. I've seen 'em going for about $20 US + 5 shipping on eBay. There's also copies of Vista Home Premium floating about on eBay for under $40.

If you're rather go with Windows 7 (my personal choice), you can get a complete Win 7 Home Premium kit for about $65.

There's NO reason to pay retail if you don't need to.

Awesome to see the new sets in all of their glory. Hopefully the other suggestions about the blowpipe/dualwielding/sw sets/legendaries get implemented too, there will be even more goodies for us to drool over!

They are in process now. Shadow Warrior's sword is almost ready, so it would definitely appear in the next CM. There is also going to be a new set for SW. So the next CM would definitely bring up more things to look for.

As for the Dual Wielding set that we suggested, the bonus list got approved (the number of the set bonuses caused minor debates, but all the other things, including high fire mitigation value, were approved). But since there are a lot of other things in process, the models and skins haven't been prepared yet.

Awesome to see the new sets in all of their glory. Hopefully the other suggestions about the blowpipe/dualwielding/sw sets/legendaries get implemented too, there will be even more goodies for us to drool over!

They are in process now. Shadow Warrior's sword is almost ready, so it would definitely appear in the next CM. There is also going to be a new set for SW. So the next CM would definitely bring up more things to look for.

As for the Dual Wielding set that we suggested, the bonus list got approved (the number of the set bonuses caused minor debates, but all the other things, including high fire mitigation value, were approved). But since there are a lot of other things in process, the models and skins haven't been prepared yet.

Sounds like we have lots to look forwards to then!

Hehe...nicely done you guys. :)

Now you just have to research the proper reference background for the "About the Set" section for the 9Hells Set and you are done. Shouldn't be that hard. ;)

Wait, is it really not done yet? I was sure that Munera would note about the reference in the set name and such. I'd make a note now. Hope nobody would mind.

Done. I put some info about the names' background to the set page. I hope Schot and Munera don't mind me doing that.

Edited by Silver_fox

wolfie2kX, did I mention I am running 64-bit?

I think the most prudent course of action is for me to try and wear out my ps3 playing Sacred2 :) and make the leap when Sacred3 comes out. By then, I will ready for a new pc and I can get a Windows partition for no charge (all it will cost me is the disk space).

wolfie2kX, did I mention I am running 64-bit?

I think the most prudent course of action is for me to try and wear out my ps3 playing Sacred2 :) and make the leap when Sacred3 comes out. By then, I will ready for a new pc and I can get a Windows partition for no charge (all it will cost me is the disk space).

And the point is? Windows XP, Vista and 7 all come in both 32 and 64 bit flavors. Having a 64 bit CPU doesn't mean you HAVE to have a 64 bit OS. Many of the listings I saw had both the 32 bit and 64 bit disks (Vista and 7). In fact, I'd say the 32 bit flavor works just as well - maybe even better with Sacred 2. My current system has an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ chip and I'm running Win 7 Pro 32 bit on it with no problems.

But eh.. OK. You don't have to go out and get it. You may, however, be in for a wait since we don't know when Sacred 3 will be released just yet. Hopefully, it won't be another Duke Nukem Forever kinda situation.

That's great to finally see them on the wiki! Munera and Schot are doing a great work to present these sets on such a wonderful pages. On a sad note, did you notice that the Virtues set is incomplete? There is 11 items in it, not 9. The sword and the shield aren't described on the page (though they are obviously present in the set bonuses screenshot).

And one more thing to note - in the new CM one of these sets is going to get a new texture on some pieces and therefore an improved look.

lol that's my fault, and theres a sensible explanation for that: I put the sword and the shield in the weapon circle directly instead of placing them in the inventory, so I completely forgot them. Thx for mentioning it silver, and thank you very much as well for the help in "About the Set" section. It's wonderful having team mates like you :)

Btw, if you change a set piece appearance, it will only take 2 minutes to update ^^

Special thanks to gogo for this thread and to schot for the renders. If I start practising your tips maybe I won't have to bother you again when the next set comes :D

Excellent work as usual. Very nice work by the CM Patch crew and Munera. Cheers for making those awesome pages Munera that really show off the work being done on the CM Patch. +1 to Silver for jumping in. Great work all around. You guys have become real Pros. :resp:

Looking forward to your render work Munera! I know you can do it easily but you know how to find me if you run into trouble. :happy:

whoa awesome you guys, nice items, outstanding work ..

As much as I miss playing together with you guys, but I'm currently totally full of work around Mythos and with school/university as well.

playing Mythos currently, since I'm suffering from severe Sacred2 burn-out syndrom lol

just can't enjoy Sacred 2 anymore currently, the magic is gone :(

too bad Deep Silver doesn't want to (or is not allowed to) make this official, and would patch their closed net servers with that piece of finest work as well..

would be awesome, and you .. we.. all would deserve it I think.

Edited by Rotluchs
  • 1 month later...

The Nine Hells Set v2 with minor changes. Graphics included in v0110.

ninehellsv2.jpg

Bravo Tomcat!

your work adds to the heart of this game, and you keep our game spirit alive.

thank you!

gogo

Both please :D History is a wonderful part of this game, and it's being changed. CM Patch Team has stopped Sacred 2 from dead ending like the original game did.

Bravo!

gogo