Two Players on One Console

I got my PS3 for Christmas and Sacred 2 is the first game I purchased. I freely admit I'm a total game noob. I'm hoping you can help me.

I picked up the game because (from what I read on the cover) two people can play on one console. I've tried everything I can think of to make this happen but it just doesn't work.

I can start (continue) an offline game no problem but when another person tries to "join" (their character on my account, my console) it will only allow us to create a new character.

As a result, my husband isn't able to save any of his progress in the game and the (only) two characters I have created (on my account) can't play together for whatever reason.

The back cover says it's a 1-2 player (offline) game, but the "two players one console" instructions in the game guide just don't seem to work. Someone suggested that I need two XMB's but sadly I don't even know what that means.

Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong and how I can get two people, playing two characters in the same game, from the same console, at the same time? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Katherine

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum :)

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question but we have a lot of console players and I'm sure one of them will be able to answer this shortly

You might try posting also in the Sacred 2 Console forum. Or I can move this thread there if you prefer

Greetings and salutations!

The PS3 manual is basically worthless for everything. You are better off coming here or checking out the Sacred Wiki.

Unfortunately, I have never played multi-player so I cannot offer any solid advice. I do know that it does work, because other people have posted about it here. There is a wiki page on this topic: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:2-Player_local_co-op_%28PS3%29. Give that a shot and see how it works.

(I also have to warn you that Sacred can be addictive. You have been warned. ;)).

Edit:

Boy am I slow. When I started typing, there were 0 replies.

Edited by lujate

No worries, I'm also slow, too. :P But, yes, as the wiki says, if you want a two player game offline, you need to create a second user account. One player then enters the campaign first and will be the 'main' character, while the second would join in as a guest. As I also recall, the guest doesn't have to have a pre-existing character in the second account; he can pretty much join in and create the character from there, albeit as the girls you won't be able to change their hair... not that that is a loss.

Trading is still glitched (HOW to even trade is also mind numbingly annoying), but at least you can bash some skulls with a partner. :P

Edited by Aegis

I just wanted to say thank you ALL so much for your help!! I absolutely love this forum, everyone is so friendly and helpful. I will have to go and read the information you've posted, thank you again so much. I do have one other question, does anyone know how to create a second user account on the same console, and how to have both accounts join the same game?

Nilihanth did a first class job on that article for the wiki, and you have indeed met up with some great peeps on this topic, lol a cavalcade of posts! ":4rofl:

And Katherine, it's great seeing you here on the boards, welcome to DarkMatters

:)

gogo

Glad the wiki explanation helped, and glad you like the game. :) The console version has plenty of bugs and clutter, yet the game can still be addicting. o.o And I definitely did say this before, but this truly is one of the more mature and friendlier forums I've ever been on, so I definitely think you will enjoy this place. =)

Thank you so much for recommending this link from the Wiki

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:2-Player_local_co-op_%28PS3%29

The instructions were clear and easy to follow and I was able to get started playing after only a few minutes

Thanks again so much, this forum is the greatest! :)

Awww this made me smile lots :yay: I'm glad the article helped since, as Lujate mentioned, the PS3 manual wasn't very helpful.