Print Screen for Sacred 2 removes all overlays?

I am trying to collect in-game screenshots, but it is not working well. The built-in Print Screen removes all overlays and all I get are the characters and the landscape. Print Screen, then paste into MS Paint gives me just a black box. The Snipping Tool gives either the same black box or just my Windows desktop. It seems to work in windowed mode, but I would rather not run that mode.

Any suggestions?

I am trying to collect in-game screenshots, but it is not working well. The built-in Print Screen removes all overlays and all I get are the characters and the landscape. Print Screen, then paste into MS Paint gives me just a black box. The Snipping Tool gives either the same black box or just my Windows desktop. It seems to work in windowed mode, but I would rather not run that mode.

Any suggestions?

Repeat after me...

The CTRL key is your friend... The CTRL key is your friend... The CTRL key is your friend...

Hold it down before hitting the Print Screen key and you'll get whatever is on the screen - inventory windows, dialogs, etc...

CTRL-PRINT did not print dialog boxes before 2.40. You have a version 2.40 or newer?

PRINT is without the boxes.

Is your graphic program able to use the file endings from sacred2 screenshots?

I am running Ice and Blood, so I will give that a shot.

GIMP can open the captured files with no problem.

Edit:

Sorry for the incredibly terse reply. I had looked at the clock and realized that work began in about 1 minute.

I am running a fully patched Ice and Blood, so I should be good to use the CTL-Print Screen. At first, I was a little unsure what to make of the capture files. I was unfamiliar with the file extension and Windows was not a whole lot of help. I installed Gimp. It did not automatically recognize the file extension but it did open them. I did not try, but I am sure that Gimp should be able to edit them and save them as a more common file type.

I am at lunch now, but will check as soon as I get home.

Edited by lujate

As the guys have said the magic CTRL key will do the trick!

I wanted to post here to share a program that I often use for what you're wanting to do. Even though I'm a serious Photoshop user when posting basic screenshots I prefer to use Irfanview. It loads very fast, operates very fast and provides just the basics which makes it quick and easy to use. In fact I have all image file formats associated to Irfanview rather than my Photoshop. So when I double click on an image on my hard drive it will open in Irfanview.

Download Irfanview

And anyone who uses Irfanview should have the Riot Plugin. The Riot Plugin let's you compress image file sizes much like Photoshop's "Save for web..." option. You can install the below exe that installs a ton of plugins, one of which being the Riot plugin. After installation there will be a option from the "File" drop down menu in Irfanview called "Save for web...". Clicking that while an image is loaded in Irfanview will open a box that will let you choose the file type and tweak the file size using a slider.

Download Irfanview PlugIns

Happy snapping! ^^

Schot, do you know that over-compressing like the 'Save for Web' option gives an incredible amount of jpeg artifact on any high-contrast images? It makes the file size smaller, but after all, it's not the only way to reduce the size. Saving for web works good for some pics, but not for the ones with the text on them. The dialog shots look much more clear and readable with better quality. Camera views may have lesser quality and still look nice, but I prefer making them smaller in dimensions but not in quality.

CTRL-Print Screen saves the day. :thumbsup:

I installed Irfanview. I have a ways to go before I get back to the quests I was working on, so I figure I will just take a few snapshots as I go to play around with. I can compare Iranview and Gimp, and see which works better for me.

Thanks guys!