Hey all!

First, let me say what an absolutely wonderful community of knowledgeable players this is! :D

I’ve been lurking around the boards for a while now and figured it was finally decided it was time to introduce myself.

I’m a console player, Xbox 360 specifically, and after having the game for a about a month now, I can’t say how invaluable the DarkMatters community has been. The builds, the break downs of the game mechanics, formulas and general advice have helped me to understand the immense complexity of the world of Sacred 2. :bow:

Now to introduce myself.

My name is Brad and I’m from Illinois.

I picked the game up when it first came out on the PS3 and just couldn’t get into playing it due to the steep learning curve, well cliff actually. But recently I picked it up again in the bargain bin at a gamestop for the Xbox 360 and started doing some research and stumbled upon this fantastic site. Now I can’t seem to put the game down.I currently have a level 58 ranged dryad that I’ve just gotten into platinum. As of late, I’ve been looking to make the leap to playing on PC simply because the idea of getting to be able to play Ice and Blood, new areas and even more loot has a certain drool factor accompanying it. But for right now, I’m sticking with the console version.

If anyone wants to play on Xbox live, feel free to add me, Static Requiem. I’ll be more than happy to quest, grind, boss farm, help with campaign or anything.

Well I’ll wrap this up before it becomes more of a wall ‘o text. Thank you all for the hard work and dedication that go into this site and hope to see you in game. :drinks:

Edited by Static_Requiem

Hey hey looky. Another Brad. :D Man, I think you're like, maybe the 4th Brad I've met in my life. Strange for me cause when I was a kid I had it in my head that Brad was a very typical name like John. But nope, faaaaar from it. It's like planet Brad tragically blew up to bits and only a wandering few remain. I'm certain planet John had something to do with it. Dang you John's! *shakes fist*

So umm, yes. Welcome to DarkMatters and all that is Sacred. Be afraid. Be VERY.... Very afraid.

Okee dokee. Time to take my meds, eh heh.

P.s.

Ice & Blood IS quite a lot of fun. The added bosses are pretty cool. Oh and the Blood Region quest is pretty cool. Oh Oh! And the CM Patch too. The list goes on as you can imagine. ^^

Lol schot...need a bit if sunlight do ya?

Welcome to the forums brad, hang around and we may get a chance to confuse brad here by mixin up your names brad and then all we will have is confused brads... :Just_Cuz_21:

Lol, but seriously, great to see your enjoying the game this time around.

A very hearty welcome to another survivor of the catastrophe that was planet Brad :D

I swear that planet Scott had nothing to do with that :whistle: And what we were involved in will ever remain a mystery.

Move along, nothing to see here.... :unsure:

Oh, yeah... I was quite clueless about most aspects of Sacred until I started lurking here, so prepare to have your mind blown :explode: with all the good information contained herein. :oooo:

Edited by essjayehm

Another Brad? :o

lol, I'm glad you found us! It's always great reading how people have been reading here on this site for a while before finally registering and posting. It's as thrilling to read your introduction as it has been to read other's word regarding this fan site.

It's a very unique game, course the community that comes packaged with it is pretty much just as off the wall as the bugs

Welcome!

:crazy:

gogo

Greetings and Salutations, Brad!

@Schot, I never considered Brad to be an uncommon name. There are 3 of them in my department at work.

@gogo, you are right, fresh blood is always good.

@gogo, you are right, fresh blood is always good.

shhhhhh...don't give away too much yet...specially those coffins, *cough * I mean very large shoe boxes in the basement

vampire-power-1.jpg

:)

gogo

Hiya Brad and welcome. Enjoy your stay. Once you join you will never leave...mwahaaahaa.

:devil:

p.s. I still play Sacred on the 360. Gamertag SarahCrow. Maybe I'll see ya sometime. Between Sacred on the PC and on XBOX feels like I eat, sleep and breathe Sacred which isn't a bad thing...lol....a tad excessive perhaps:) :Just_Cuz_21:

sarah

Hiya Brad and welcome. Enjoy your stay. Once you join you will never leave...mwahaaahaa.

p.s. I still play Sacred on the 360. Gamertag SarahCrow. Maybe I'll see ya sometime. Between Sacred on the PC and on XBOX feels like I eat, sleep and breathe Sacred which isn't a bad thing...lol....a tad excessive perhaps:) :Just_Cuz_21:

sarah

You still play on xbox? :eek: After the first day on PC, I never wanted to go back to the console version. I week later, my PC went down and I was back on ps3. My first thought was, "God! How did I ever play this?"

Welcome to DarkMatters!

Here you will find fun, Friendly fellows, fun, a good admin crew, fun, lots of info on builds and ideas, fun, recipes, fun, crazyness! and oh I almost forgot to mention FUN!

Enjoy!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone! :D

@gogo, Meat loaf is awesome! :drool:

But give these a try sometime. The recipe is one my girlfriend and I make quite alot. I want to say she found it on ifood.tv, not really too sure though.

Ground Pork Rolls

2 slices day-old bread, crusts removed

1/4 cup milk

1 pound ground pork or sausage meat

1/2 teaspoon salt

Freshly ground black pepper

Dash of nutmeg

1/2 onion, finely chopped

8 thin slices lean bacon <---- Lean bacon HA!

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup milk

Crumble the bread and soak in 1/4 cup milk.

Squeeze bread as dry as possible and combine with ground pork or sausage meat, salt, pepper, nutmeg and onion.

Knead mixture until well blended.

Form 4 cylinders, 3" long and wrap 2 slices bacon around each cylinder cross-wise.

Tie at intervals with thread to secure the bacon.

Heat butter in a frying pan and fry the cylinders over medium heat 8 minutes.

Turn and fry another 8 minutes.

Remove the meat from the pan and keep warm.

Pour out the accumulated fat.

Add the milk to the pan and cook over high heat scraping up the brown bits clinging to the bottom.

You can thicken it up a little bit with some tomato paste if you like.

Season with salt and pepper.

Slice the rolls and pour the sauce over them and enjoy! :D

@crowgrrrl, Oh I know, this game has to be one of the most addictive substances in existance. And next time I get on live I'll send you a friend request. It's always nice to have someone to play the game with.

sarah

You still play on xbox? :eek: After the first day on PC, I never wanted to go back to the console version. I week later, my PC went down and I was back on ps3. My first thought was, "God! How did I ever play this?"

lujate,

hahaha...I know, but you have to realize that I have only been gaming for a few years on consoles. I had never played an FPS until I played Borderlands...lol..and man when I first started I was so completely clueless and died so many times it was pathetic..lol but amazingly enough I actually got half way decent didn't die much and actually finished that game. (of which I am quite proud...lol) My "gaming" in the early days consisted of old school D&D with friends (yeah with the miniatures and everything..lol).

I had never heard of Sacred (yeah I know I'm completely deprived..lol)until the XBOX version of Sacred 2 came out and that was all I knew and for an inexperienced gamer as myself the console version made it a little easier, not necessarily better of course but I felt like I could actually accomplish something. My first builds sucked and I died so many times it's not even funny..lol but after finding DarkMatters and the wealth of info found here, it all made sense and I could actually make fun and playable toons. I enjoy the PC version and am getting used to the controls. I still find it more challenging than the console version which isn't a bad thing. Yeah, I still lose my pointer sometimes..lol but I'm getting better and by golly I'm gonna have a level 200 toon if it kills me..lol.

So needless to say I've got years of gaming to catch up on. :4rofl: