Google Wallet - Best new way to buy a Coke?

I was just reading about this. Yeah it sounds convenient...but how safe is it?

Engadget:

"We just got done watching the unveil of how Google is going to revolutionize the way you pay for denim shorts at the mall, and we just got to try it in a slightly different way -- buying a Coke out of a vending machine. The process is as easy as can be: just select your beverage and, when you're ready to pay, swipe your phone. In " Read more here

:)

gogo

Well, its as safe as pay pass I guess where you wave you card over the top instead of swiping and dont have to use a pin. I know that paypass only works for costs below $100 down here in aus so I assume this would be similar.

For educational reasons I prefer coins. I do not know if it is just me, but with real money I am way more checking prices than when buying with virtual money. If I have a 200 euro paper money I often hesitate to use it. A voice in my head speaks once it is made to smaller money you will use it up really quick, do you really need this?

And our 3 year old twins knew that these silver coins are something you can exchange for 3 ice balls, or a chocolade, ... But how to teach them with virtual money? The phone is a magical device, everytime you wave it an automat drops sweets?