Broken Image / Combat Art Video Project

Bit behind on my end with the Combat Art rewrites, had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out today, so im stuck in bed without moving. Ill try to get the jump on them tomorrow fellas. Excellent updates to the video sections Mystix, nice work :)

Inquisitor videos are up, a bit later than I had originally intended.

Dryad videos to come, then I'll finish the HE, Inquisitor, Dryad and TG galleries.

I also uploaded a modified Archangel's Wrath video, with both the Salvo (2 fireballs) and Lock (homing) mod, but didn't get a chance to post about it.

Future modified CAs might end up with 1 video to capture 2 mods, for the sake of simplicity. I won't capture multiple mods which conflict with each other greatly, but it's pretty obvious that the 2 fireballs comes from Salvo and the curved movement (homing) is created from Lock.

Bit behind on my end with the Combat Art rewrites, had all 4 wisdom teeth taken out today, so im stuck in bed without moving. Ill try to get the jump on them tomorrow fellas. Excellent updates to the video sections Mystix, nice work :)

Zomgod, ryan, you have my deepest sympathies... that is serious pain.. are you able to eat solid food at all?

:cry:

Inquisitor videos are up, a bit later than I had originally intended.

Dryad videos to come, then I'll finish the HE, Inquisitor, Dryad and TG galleries.

I also uploaded a modified Archangel's Wrath video, with both the Salvo (2 fireballs) and Lock (homing) mod, but didn't get a chance to post about it.

Future modified CAs might end up with 1 video to capture 2 mods, for the sake of simplicity. I won't capture multiple mods which conflict with each other greatly, but it's pretty obvious that the 2 fireballs comes from Salvo and the curved movement (homing) is created from Lock.

The new videos are coming along very quickly you're covering a lot of ground. Maybe for the gallery at the bottom, we can diminish the size of the videos (using Schot's BB Code) so that we can fit a few across neatly? And Titles can be inserted using that formatting code above each pic, like on this page here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Ingame_Tooltips

This way, above each pic a small mini-title or just the insertion of a few words to indicate what it is that is causing the CA to manifest differently as indicated in the pic would be very instructive.

:)

gogo

Ryan: I didn't even see your post originally. That sounds brutal (I remember when my brother had the same procedure). Best of luck on the recovery.

Gogo: Thanks for the coding snippet, but the issue for the title/video alignment is actually with the video. No matter what I do (including removing everything else on the page, leaving the video alone in a single-cell table which spans the entire page), the video always aligns to the right of the cell. I've tried multiple "center" commands (HTML and Wiki Markup) in multiple places around the table coding (including when it was the only thing on the page) and it doesn't seem to want to stop the right align.

The only other option is to only allow the video cell to take up a limited amount of room, such as 25% (but then the remaining image would have to take up the remaining 75%), which doesn't look as tidy as the option that I used.

I also tried making the videos smaller originally, but I noticed that I was having a hard time figuring out what was going on in the clip, despite having recorded it myself.

Perhaps a separate section of the Gallery for the videos might be better. I'll take a look at what can be done tomorrow.

Ideas on how to approach the issues above are welcome.

Dryad clips are recorded, but I need to compile the videos still. Should be done by the end of Saturday.

Edited by Mystix123

Ryan: I didn't even see your post originally. That sounds brutal (I remember when my brother had the same procedure). Best of luck on the recovery.

Gogo: Thanks for the coding snippet, but the issue for the title/video alignment is actually with the video. No matter what I do (including removing everything else on the page, leaving the video alone in a single-cell table which spans the entire page), the video always aligns to the right of the cell. I've tried multiple "center" commands (HTML and Wiki Markup) in multiple places around the table coding (including when it was the only thing on the page) and it doesn't seem to want to stop the right align.

The only other option is to only allow the video cell to take up a limited amount of room, such as 25% (but then the remaining image would have to take up the remaining 75%), which doesn't look as tidy as the option that I used.

I also tried making the videos smaller originally, but I noticed that I was having a hard time figuring out what was going on in the clip, despite having recorded it myself.

Perhaps a separate section of the Gallery for the videos might be better. I'll take a look at what can be done tomorrow.

Ideas on how to approach the issues above are welcome.

Dryad clips are recorded, but I need to compile the videos still. Should be done by the end of Saturday.

I'll ask Schot about this today, I know that a few years ago he made some code to run the videos on a single page four across in the Wiki Video garden, but that page got taken out.

I'm thinking he'll be able to replicate it for us so that we can have a video gallery.

gogo

When there are multiple across, then it won't be an issue, as each cell will be small enough to have the video line up under the centered title, despite the video being aligned to the right side of the cell. 4 could easily fit (as each video at its current size takes up a little under 25% of the screen width).

However, I would have to separate the videos from the pictures (which I was thinking of doing anyways). However, if there are less than 4 videos, then a separate table will be required, and the width will have to be adjusted to fit the videos (whereas I've been trying to find coding which centers the video in the cell, side stepping this issue altogether). It just find it strange that it always aligns the video to the right of the cell, no matter what "align center" scripts I use (or even how many of them).

Just realized another possible option for this. I edited the Dislodged Spirit page to add a caption to the video. Is this what you are wanting Mystix? If so you just need to edit in your captions like the red part below. I think that will do for a row of videos as well but if not I can set up some table code for you.

{{s2frame|{{#ev:youtube|MrGwYHMY97c|400}}|right|Dislodged Spirit before Modifications}}

Much thanks for the coding Schot.

I changed the "|right|Text" to "|center|Text" and it aligned the YouTube video to the middle of the table cell.

I have a list of things that I'll be getting to as soon as I get some free time. Making arrangements to move to Kingston, so that's been keeping me busy lately.

I'll have the Dryad videos up first, then I'll put captions to all of the videos and create the Gallery section for each page. Recording all of the different variations of the different CAs will be a longer term project, which probably won't be completed until sometime in September.

Good luck with the move, Mystix, if you want, I can help you with the captioning using Schot's new code. It won't be too hard for me to put in the name of the Combat Art with the new code quickly into all the areas.

Will this help?

gogo

Good luck with the move, Mystix, if you want, I can help you with the captioning using Schot's new code. It won't be too hard for me to put in the name of the Combat Art with the new code quickly into all the areas.

Will this help?

Thanks for the offer, but I ended up doing this already for the current videos.

I inevitably need something to do while I can't sleep because of the heat, so I work on smaller parts of the project in that time.

All of the CA without modifications have a title stating such, and I've inserted the Gallery section to every page. I'm in the midst of getting pictures of each CA for the Gallery section. I'll upload those at the same time as the Dryad videos. Tentatively, that will be on Wednesday.

Phase 1/3 of the project complete!

The Dryad videos are up, meaning that all of the "CA without Modification" videos are now active.

Next phase is to get at least 1 image of each CA up into the Gallery section. I'll use a shot from each video to complete this most likely.

...don't forget to stop for margaritas in this heat!

Turned out to be rum and coke instead, at my friend's birthday party last night. :)