Improve FPS - To Stop Uber Lag (Especially in cities)

I think, my computer has probably some minimum requirements to play Sacred 2.

I've reduced every graphic setting to low. I set the priority for Sacred 2 to high in the task manager programme. I make sure there is no other programme apart from the McAfee Antivirus open. Even then, it isn't open, just running as an icon in the task bar.

The lag is really really horrendous. It lags out side of big cities slightly, and when you get into the cities where here are lots of NPC's, every step is a nightmare, takes around 10-15 seconds...

How can I improve this?

Here are some specs:

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1022MB RAM

Page File: 758MB used, 1700MB available

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7300 LE

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D1&SUBSYS_03461043&REV_A1

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0012.6658 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 1/8/2011 04:27:00, 6397824 bytes

Will disabling sound improve it?

What can I do or improve without spending too much money if any at all?

Hello, Legend Aadil!

I am not the Sacred 2 PC guru... but I see you are running the minimum of 1 GB of RAM... this could have something to do with your lag in busy areas.

I do know the consoles have some lag issues in the towns so I would conclude that they take up a lot of processor :smart: and having minimal RAM definitely puts a bottleneck on your system that could be the cause of your issues.

Just a thought!

Hello, Legend Aadil!

I am not the Sacred 2 PC guru... but I see you are running the minimum of 1 GB of RAM... this could have something to do with your lag in busy areas.

I do know the consoles have some lag issues in the towns so I would conclude that they take up a lot of processor :smart: and having minimal RAM definitely puts a bottleneck on your system that could be the cause of your issues.

Just a thought!

I've just noticed that thanks to you.

I think BOTH memory sticks are 512mb each.

It can only fit 2 in by the way.

So, do you know any places where you could get 1gb sticks not too expensive?

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1022MB RAM

Page File: 758MB used, 1700MB available

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7300 LE

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D1&SUBSYS_03461043&REV_A1

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0012.6658 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 1/8/2011 04:27:00, 6397824 bytes

Will disabling sound improve it?

What can I do or improve without spending too much money if any at all?

Hi Aadil,

First of all what OS are you using?

Cause if your using XP with that kind of specs your going to have tough times in playing sacred2. Remember minimum required memory for XP is at least 1GB if your goin to run sacred I think its safer if you increase your memory to at least 2GB. If your running Win7 minimum requirements is at least 2GB. One more thing check your graphics card also if its suitable to run sacred. Check the game's requirement I think you can find it there. Also try to see if you have the latest drivers for your graphics card. Good luck :bye:

I don't know the cheapest one possible, but my old laptop card, an ATI mobility 3650 HD managed to chug through the game comfortably enough (admittedly it was low res on a laptop screen). I guess and desktop equivalent or better from the more modern lines would be fine, even the ones that don't require to be cabled directly to the PSU, but Im not so sure how low you can go, depends on what you are willing to spend.

Hi Guys

I gave up on Sacred 2 because of lag when there are a lot NPCs and monsters in the area.

Spoils the fun, so I've put it aside until I get my next PC.

I have a core2 duo @ 2.4GHz and 3Gs of ram and a GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

The ram is plenty as is the Nvidia card...I think...but I'm guessing the game is not coded for multi-core and wants a faster CPU core...2.8GHz 0r 3GHz.

edit: I'm running XP SP3.

Am I right?

Edited by siddham

Can't really say for sure, but I did experience quite a big improvement hopping from dual core to quad core and from 2 gigs of ram to 4 gigs. Core clocks stayed the same 3GHz'ish.

Can't really say for sure, but I did experience quite a big improvement hopping from dual core to quad core and from 2 gigs of ram to 4 gigs. Core clocks stayed the same 3GHz'ish.

Eh? Mines only 1GB, and I thought 2GB would be good enough, as it's the recommended requirement.

I have a dual core, 2.8GHz so that should be fine, it's over the recommended requirement.

My graphics card is in between minimum requirements and recommended requirement, so as long as I leave it on lowest detail possible, it should be fine! (As it is, the detail is still pretty decent on LOWEST possible)!

Dual core to Quad core... the expense of changing processors is very expensive...

And 2GB to 4GB!

I haven't even got 2GB! :o

How much were your 2GB sticks each? Where did you buy it from?

Thanks

Hi Guys

I gave up on Sacred 2 because of lag when there are a lot NPCs and monsters in the area.

Spoils the fun, so I've put it aside until I get my next PC.

I have a core2 duo @ 2.4GHz and 3Gs of ram and a GeForce GTX 560 Ti.

The ram is plenty as is the Nvidia card...I think...but I'm guessing the game is not coded for multi-core and wants a faster CPU core...2.8GHz 0r 3GHz.

edit: I'm running XP SP3.

Am I right?

Core 2 duo? Are you sure that's multi core? Or is it dual core?

2.0 Ghz Dual Core processor is recommended.

2.4 Ghz Multi Core processor is the bare minimum... So if your right, your processor is achieving the bare minimum. All the components have to be equal. It's no use if the RAM can handle high amounts of data but the processor can't. This can also lead to melting of components. So be careful!

Eh? Mines only 1GB, and I thought 2GB would be good enough, as it's the recommended requirement.

I have a dual core, 2.8GHz so that should be fine, it's over the recommended requirement.

My graphics card is in between minimum requirements and recommended requirement, so as long as I leave it on lowest detail possible, it should be fine! (As it is, the detail is still pretty decent on LOWEST possible)!

Dual core to Quad core... the expense of changing processors is very expensive...

And 2GB to 4GB!

I haven't even got 2GB! :o

How much were your 2GB sticks each? Where did you buy it from?

Thanks

Mem's cheap around here in Finland and mine's DDR2, as 3 would be more expensive. They're around ~50€ (~44£) per kit. 2 2GB sticks. The processor, Phenom II X4 925 is around 135£ here. As it's older, the price's somewhat steep. Though mind you, I got those from a friend when he was updating his rig, so they didn't cost me that much. Can't say what they would cost around there, as I checked the prices from a local retailer. And I'm running with Win7 x64 so the 4 gigs come really handy.