How Stamina and Chance to halve regeneration time works?

These are questions that just aren't clearly answered in the wiki...

1. Can someone please explain how Stamina works...? Like right now, I'm looking at my high elf with a stamina of 37 and it says Average Combat Art Regen Time 138.7%. And when I put more points into it the number goes up... I really don't get this attribute!

2. . I don't actually have any items of this type yet, but is Chance to Halve Regenration Time triggered via attacking with a weapon or does it just happen automatically when you use a combat art?

3. What exactly does "Spell Intensity" mean and what quantitative effect does this have on combat arts?

4. Seeming as there's no table for either in the wiki (that I've found anyway) can someone tell me what the regen bonuses are at mastery for the High Elf's Focus skills and as well for the Concentration skill?

Thanks! I'm planning a new build and am looking to try some new ideas. :-)

Edited by Scrappy McSlap

I can only give decent answers for Questions 2 and 4, so I'll let someone else give good answers to Questions 1 and 3.

Question 2

It automatically triggers when you use the CA. There will be a chance that the CA will start with half of the normal regeneration time when used.

Question 4

There are charts for both the Focus skills and Concentration on the Wiki. I'm copying these numbers straight from them.

Focus at level 75 = Regeneration Time -64.3% (http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Aspect_Focus/Full_Table)

Concentration at level 75 = Regeneration Time -47.4% (http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Concentration/Full_Table)

Now, what the calculations mean (especially when you combine the two and have over Regen Time -100%), I couldn't answer that.

For 1 and 2:

1) It basically means that you are regenerating them at a rate of 138.7% compared to a base rate of 100%, so in effect they regenerate 38.7% faster.

3) Spell Intensity directly from the wiki:

This modifier is important for spell casters as it allows a character (or monster) to deal maximum damage with their spells more often. Spell Intensity of the attacker is compared to the target's Spell Resistance. If the attacker is unable to overcome the target's spell resistance, he will inflict considerably less damage. This damage may be decreased even further by the opponent's armor. Note that it will not increase damage, only the chance of doing full damage. This modifier may be found upon bought or found jewelry, weapons or armor.

Also note that for the Regeneration time bonuses for aspect focus' and concentration, its not an absolute bonus so -100% does not reduce regen to 0s.

I guess I was looking at the wrong stuff in the wiki? Heh. Sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying the info, I appreciate it.

So in the case of a multi-aspect caster build, it seems like mastering concentration would be a very good thing since it applies the regen decrease to all aspects, yes?

I guess I was looking at the wrong stuff in the wiki? Heh. Sorry about that. Thanks for clarifying the info, I appreciate it.

So in the case of a multi-aspect caster build, it seems like mastering concentration would be a very good thing since it applies the regen decrease to all aspects, yes?

Yeah, there's alot of info their so it can be hard to see exactly what you are after sometimes.

Yes, concentration would be useful for multi aspect builds.

Also note that for the Regeneration time bonuses for aspect focus' and concentration, its not an absolute bonus so -100% does not reduce regen to 0s.

What I'm not sure of is what the base value is that it takes away 100% of that value from.

The best that I could think of is that it uses something related to the regeneration time at level 1 as a base value, and when you reach Regeneration Time -100%, it takes away that full amount from the regeneration time. It can't be the level 1 regeneration time itself, otherwise you'd be able to reach 0 second regeneration times (which I'm not sure is possible).

For a simplistic example to explain my train of thought above:

If "Base Value = ([Level 1 CA RT] / 2)" and the RT at CA level 1 is 4 seconds, then the base value would be 2 seconds. So at RT-100%, it will take 2 seconds off of the Combat Arts RT, even if it's at a higher level.

I'm sure the base value isn't as simplistic as this example.

However, that's my question: What makes up this base value that Focus/Concentration uses to determine the amount of seconds it takes off from a CA given their combined percentage?

Edited by Mystix123

I believe that there is a formula that pops up every now and again that seems to work. There's a CA regen calculator tool on the wiki too so I assume someone knows how it works. I'll have a look for you when I have a bit more time, about to head to uni.

I knew I had read a thread on this before.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/8734-sacred-2-combat-art-modifications-revealed/

Result:

Regeneration time = [(Cost Base + Cost Level*Level) / ((Stamina Effect) * (1+Skill)] / 100

"Cost Base" and "Cost Level" seem to be tied to the CA in the coding. This answers my question.

I haven't yet seen a conclusion to how "Stamina Effect" works, but I haven't gotten through the whole thread yet. From reading further through the thread, I assume this is where Armor Penalties are incorporated also.

It seems that "Skill" factors Focus/Concentration.

This explains why we could never reach a true 0 second regeneration time. I'd imagine the game caps us at a 0.1 second regeneration time.

But there have been a few instances of people hitting 0 Regen time. Chronas Gatling gun dryad build thread has some pictures of 0 Regen time. Its very impressive :)

Edited by ryanrocker1217

But there have been a few instances of people hitting 0 Regen time. Chronas Gatling gun dryad build thread has some pictures of 0 Regen time. Its very impressive :)

Is it a true 0 seconds regeneration time though? Or is it something like 0.05 of a second.

With the way the formula is designed, it can never actually reach 0.

Edit: Wait a minute. Sacred 2 drops numbers beyond a certain decimal point, does it? Is that point after the first decimal point?

If so, then 0 seconds is possible, so long as you can bring your regeneration time to 0.0X~.

Edited by Mystix123

Wouldn't having a 0 regen time be pointless though, seeming as your execution speed would still be at x amount (the time it takes for the CA casting animation to complete)...? Therefore, there would be no benefit to having a regen time of a number less than the time it takes for the animation to take place...?

My dragon mage easily reached 100%+ chance to half regeneration time around level 55 in gold. The good thing at half regeneration time is that it adds without a damping function, same as damage mitigation.

-regeneration time malus of buffs how ever has a damping function,and even if items would add to 100+% there will always be some regeneration time from buffs left.

I hope damping function is the correct english word.

My dragonmage is just an experiment for a level 100 hardcore niobium shopper, so I tried to add protection by getting the regeneration time via 'chance of half reg time' and boosting the damage with a high companion buff, playing a bit with "-reg time malus of buffs".

If I find some time I may post the dragon mage,it is a elemental magic version.

Wouldn't having a 0 regen time be pointless though, seeming as your execution speed would still be at x amount (the time it takes for the CA casting animation to complete)...? Therefore, there would be no benefit to having a regen time of a number less than the time it takes for the animation to take place...?

I've kind of heard about something like that as well. Not that the zero regen is pointless... at that point, it could be creeping downwards all on it's own if you have regen diminishment automatically happening via skill choices or gear...but that having a zero regen does not help if execution is set at tween 0.2 - 0.4?

I forget what it is. But I remember someone else saying that the min exec on Darting Assault was fixed and so this impacts us...I never knew whether I bought that or not

:P

gogo

I forget what it is. But I remember someone else saying that the min exec on Darting Assault was fixed and so this impacts us...I never knew whether I bought that or not

:P

gogo

I'd say with a blowpipe... DA and RI have the shortest "animation" times in the game. Literally the animation is her puffing her cheeks... and there is no flight-time for the projectile... 0 second regen could be "useable"?