Fright Night - 2011!

gogoblender

Awesome!

I just saw it, and I've even seen the old school one before. I never thought I was a fan of remakes, but this movie is amazing. Colin Farrel as a just-over-the-top Vampire that's decided to move into town and start snacking is smart, charming and absolutely frightening.

There's some gore, but if you can bare through it, you're in line for a wonderfully entertaining horror movie.

:)

gogo

Lol...I read that as friday night originally and was like what? Vampires on friday night? Could be entertaining, although I'm not much of a horror watcher...

heh, the whole concept is humorous, but with a generous touch of blood. There's scenes that will make you burst out into laughter, while others will break your heart. These kinds of movies take us for a work out, we never know what to expect, just know that we're being tightly reined by some good writing.

I really liked the original Fright Night a lot. Chris Sarandon was a terrific vampire, and Roddy McDowall was outstanding as the TV show host. Glad to hear good things about the remake. Hopefully it will be a lot better than the sequel was.

Yes! You know, when I saw it, I didn't know if I was supposed to laugh or be terrified, but remember just enjoying that whole semi-squeamish state of delirious laughter I was in because of the way the movie was twisting us around. It was the first of these tongue-in-cheek tales I'd seen, you're right, the actors were terrific!

Mclovin as a spurned vamp is hysterical

McLovin.jpg

:lol:

gogo

Last vampires I saw were in opera: 'Tanz der Vampire' at Berlin at our 15th marriage day. Tanz der Vampire was later brought to broadway as Dance of the Vampires.

Funny that Steinway re-used a song he did for Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell, but was forced by record company to give it to Bonnie Tyler. The broadway version was at german TV recently, but somehow I like the origginal german version more, not only because of the language. The story line is changed a bit too.

I never saw vampires on stage, though there was a playesque reference to something like that from a comedy I saw (and liked) called Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which had Peter singing a song that he had written from his Dracula Musical:

It was done well, the lyrics and performance had some impact

:)

gogo

p.s. If you guys thought Blade series had great vampire burning up in the sun effects, Fright Night, really kicks that look up a notch ...maybe two^^