Map and Regions of Ancaria

I know!

It's only when we get it all together like that, I just have to say "wow!" to the amount of work that went into the game.

Sacred and Sacred 2 were just about the best gaming bargains ever

Put Schot's cropped map up here for Knuckles, he just put up an amazing page on Wiki, and this map could be an excellent way of connecting the region quests to visual map.

:)

gogo

• 1 year later...

Love this map, (It should also be in the Wiki Sacred Regions page ) and how it gives us perspective when looking at the world from far out in space from a space station, and getting a larger macro "feel" for this game via a "region view" filter.

Up close is nice also too, bless that awesome places page as well on our Wiki, it's like shifting from a telescope to a microscope :wizard:

Cool thing about documenting in this fashion upon our Wiki, is that we have multiple, and possibly in fact an infinite number of ways of displaying data, ways to of grouping and seeing our Sacred universe.

I think somewhere someone had begun putting together a map for instance that was region/enemy-type driven regarding the alchemy skill, and for the specific drops it needed, and wanted to set up a cartogrphaical color guide showing which region you had to be in to find specific trophy drops to power an alchemy powered build for the precise effecst you wanted your build to manifest in game.

Possibilities are endless

:dance:

gogo

Hmm....I think I see. Currently the Regions page and Places page are pretty much the same thing, but they could each become something quite unique. Kind of like how the aspect pages were just short lists of Combat Arts until they were expanded.

I still had a query about naming the Regions from this post though...

Should we have Seraphim Island and Dragon Islands separate Regions or combined in one Region as Dragon Sea Islands? The vast majority of pages on the Wiki link to Dragon Sea Islands as the Region, with Seraphim Island and the individual Dragon Islands as Places within the Region. If that Region map in post#1 is official then I guess that settles it.

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Hmm....I think I see. Currently the Regions page and Places page are pretty much the same thing, but they could each become something quite unique. Kind of like how the aspect pages were just short lists of Combat Arts until they were expanded.

Yes! Pages now can look like redundant, because bare bones work has been done on them. For a page like Regions, for example, the opportunities acan be fun with interested contriubotres:

Lists of Enemies in area

elemental weakness or strengths of enemies in area, strategies or builds a person could put together to take out regions with huge significant advantage, list of trophies from different enemies that are region spawned, etc... Wiki's limits re creatvitiy only limited by our imgination, time and interest.

I still had a query about naming the Regions from this post though...

Should we have Seraphim Island and Dragon Islands separate Regions or combined in one Region as Dragon Sea Islands? The vast majority of pages on the Wiki link to Dragon Sea Islands as the Region, with Seraphim Island and the individual Dragon Islands as Places within the Region. If that Region map in post#1 is official then I guess that settles it.

I think it could be cool to have both, seeing as pov's and content can be kept, but it can be inspiring to someone down the line to find and place connectings or trends of ideas in an area that is best in distance to the data whether close or far away.

Last night, SChot was looking at once again putting time into The Region Maps again. We had a great discussion about how maps can be page/content leaders depending on the perspetive we take, and can create new build ideas.

That regions map I put up in post one is from Schot's map, dunno if it's clear enuff for Wiki, this is probably a project too now ^^

:devil:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, very nice! Interesting that you touched upon the regions. I'm working on a super secret mission for the region pages. :D Here's a donation if you like it.

attachicon.gifS2Regions.jpg

Map mastery in action!

One of my favorite maps to date Schot

very beautiful work

gogo

I was thinking about the in-game world map (the one that's hand drawn)....don't you think we should document it somewhere on the Wiki? I mean the big map by Schot is rightly the king of Sacred maps, but it seems like the one from the game should at least be included for the sake of completion? It is a major piece of art/reference from the game after all.

This is just a low quality prototype I made...or is there an official version of this map that could be used? Just curious...seems like there might be an appropriate place to put it.

0pjk74F.jpg

heh we never put it up because WikiMap is so huge, but for reference to add what came with game, there is a map page for sacred 2 here that your map can be added to:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Maps

Interestingly enough only page I can find linking to that maps page is from a cool not often seen page in Wiki which took a lot of time by FrostElf:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Ingame_Tooltips

We can probably link to this map page from others,like Game Basics:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Combat_and_Game_Basics

gogo

"IF" I like it? I can't find my jaw, it fell somewhere on the floor. :wow:

EDIT: Should I add it to the page, or is this a teaser?

Haha, yup! Feel free to add it Flix. :D

Glad you like it gogo. I spent a loooot of time color coding it. It was surprisingly difficult to choose enough colors for each region that were dissimilar enough to use.

heh we never put it up because WikiMap is so huge, but for reference to add what came with game, there is a map page for sacred 2 here that your map can be added to:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Maps

Interestingly enough only page I can find linking to that maps page is from a cool not often seen page in Wiki which took a lot of time by FrostElf:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Ingame_Tooltips

We can probably link to this map page from others,like Game Basics:

gogo

Yep that's the perfect place for it, had no idea that page existed! I'll see what other pages can link to it. I'd never looked at that in-game tooltips page either (somehow missed it, even though it's on the front page). I think early on I uploaded those splash screens myself, so I guess there are two copies of them on the Wiki. D'oh!

It's more an ingame map/tool than a "Sacred 2 Map" now actually . Schto's created so much extra content on the big map, that peeps when looking at it, get intrigued, curious and want to see where the lands go.

I think we could refer to the ingame map as GUI Map to clarify, and this keeps Schot's map as the main map for Sacred 2 that all wiki links should point to, and that stays on top for Google Searches, so that peeps find their way to the map with the greatest way of keeping the interested.

If we're trying to teach someone how to use the ingame map tool, then that's where we would refer to that small map.

I think a good place for link to it would also be on Sacred Combat Basics?

gogo

Sweet, forgot about that!

Okay, have changed name of page to GUI Map, it can be linked to that gui explanation page too.

GUI Map

Erris did that, she also wrote the SO good descriptions of monsters in the bestiary, did those nice drawings of the GUI, and did the entire Glossary!

gogo