New player inc.

I just there, bought Sacred 2 gold, and I just wanted to know what all you guys are playing on? Are you playing open or closed net? Still hardcore? And do you play the Community Patch? Thanks :)

Welcome aboard!

I think most people play either Closed Net (which prohibits the CM patch) or SP with the CM. For Closed we have a thread where people post when they are playing. Closed is not what it once was but is still hanging in there.

Heya Rain!

Gratz on the Gold purchase^^ As Lujate posts, him and some others are playing on the time to play thread, it's too bad that the CM Patch is only working for SP, it would really have energized Closed MP for all of us if this had come into play in time.

:)

gogo

Welcome bro.

We play all over the place.

The community patch for instance is a fantastic labor of love, and includes my favorite weapons, claws. They sometimes (uncommonly so, but not rarely) spawn with LL % modifier, and when built into a character can literally take down something with 750,000 hit points in less than five seconds. Check out the video section, I show it in one. The one in the vid is slow killing for me, no joke.

I've played EU hardcore servers now for about two weeks seriously

I'm kinda getting addicted a small lil bit.

--- Oh, and I have some stuff if you go hardcore, like Malekil, I got items that can help you out a whole lot too, from a low level bargain hunt

Edited by JKtheWonderguy

I am going to be playing hard core, but I need some hints to start me off with my first character, Im wanting to make an easy to build without much outside help character for finding rare items and possibly bargaining, but I have no idea what my best bets are for that.

Normally, new players are advised to go with a Seraphim or a Shadow Warrior.

Antitrust recently posted this skill list for a beginner Seraphim:

Melee Seraphim?

He intentionally excluded Enhanced Perception and Bargaining skills to keep you hungry. He said it was for SC, but with Armor Lore, Constitution, Toughness and an energy shield, I would think survivability would be OK (although I would prefer to work in Warding Energy Lore somewhere).

For a build with Bargaining and Enhanced Perception, there is Antitrust's classic Queen of Blades. It was originally done for the base Fallen Angel game, so you would need to read through the thread for the Ice and Blood changes.

As for the Shadow Warrior, I have no idea so I will leave that to someone else to explain.

I played Sacred 2 before, and I had original sacred for years and I played diablo for years too, all on HC, so I'm not a complete beginner, I just dont have a character with tons of gold runes items etc to put to use on my other characters :P might try out the queen of blades though!

I'll make a breif post about my build. It's the run of the mill cookie-cutter build.

Skills I've taken with my build

Combat art skills: Concentration, one hard point to unlock dual buffs. MC and DW aspect.

Offensive skills: Tactics lore, keeping at character level and DW.

Defensive skills: Armor lore, constitution (you can never have too much HP) and toughness are my primary focus.

Utility: Divine Devotion, I like using my god. Alchemy - Mainly for troll teeth and skulls, to-hit and crit chance. Blacksmithing and Enhanced Perception is nice to have if you are going to run Solo.

Attributes: Vitality and Strength, I focus more on Vitality.

How I fight

If it's regular mobs, I'll herd them into a tight pack. Smack down Augmenting Guidon open up with a combo of Demonic Blow and Scything Sweep to effect as many targets as possible with DOTs.

Clean up any survivors with Frenzied Rampage.

Bosses. Similar opening, but I also chew on trolls teeth and skulls, buff up with rousing command and start killing spree. If the boss have lots of mobs around him I use my god to clear them out.

This Shadow Warrior if focused on survival and utility in groups as all my buffs are modded to affect other players.

Be sure to check the character sub-forums for more ideas.. And most importantly, the build should be fun for YOU!

Happy Hunting :)

EDIT: Be careful of not pumpind demonic blow to high, often when DB smack the first target dead the combo doesn't always fire off SS.

Edited by MalekilX

I played Sacred 2 before, and I had original sacred for years and I played diablo for years too, all on HC, so I'm not a complete beginner, I just dont have a character with tons of gold runes items etc to put to use on my other characters :P might try out the queen of blades though!

So then you know all you joys of HC. :butcher:

I am currently running a build that is almost identical to the Queen of Blades. I do not need a shopper, so I substituted Spell Resistance for Bargaining and dual wield Twin Boneslicers.

If for some reason beyond my comprehension :biggrin:, you pick a Shadow Warrior instead, both MalekilX and JKtheWonderguy know their Shadow Warriors. :viking:

There are a LOT of builds either in the build forums or in the discussion forums. For people just getting into the game, it's easier to build Shadow Warriors since they take a licking and keep on ticking. I've played all characters in Single Player with some online experience. I've not switched to the Community Patch yet since my personal experience with mods of any sort for RPGs tend to come up short(and add more bugs along the way). Any melee build has a good chance to survive with either life leech sets or weapons(from two handed weapons). Gogo's High Damage Elf build is a good template for characters who choose spell casting as the path for them. I WOULD recommend that you just have fun for the moment with getting a good feeling for the game, mechanics, etc and worry about character builds once you get more comfortable.

Welcome to FDM Rain.

Very hard to say which build to start with, as everyone has different tastes. May I suggest traveling through the guide/build section of the forum. From there you can pick which flavor suits your fancy.

If I had to made a suggestion. I would opt for an EP/Barg. Seraphim.

If you wish to have an easier time to get your feet wet. Build up a Ghost SW. This way you can pick apart the games elite. Also as a side, you can travel the world invisible allowing you to enjoy all the map has to offer at your leisure. With a Ghost be very careful of Area of Effect from the games elite. I lost a level 187 Ghost to the 2nd Guardian. The only caveat Ghosting, as they are lacking defensive skills suitable for massive damage taken in Niob. 1 shot, 1 kill..!

I remain, Etherian