Triskaidekaphobia

Triskaidekaphobia is the fear about the number 13. Seems the wife of the earl who owns most of the forest suffers from It. She phoned my wife if our oldest would come as quartozieme to her dinner. Triska, quarto... Nice new words I lerned today ;)

Quartozieme were paid guests if a party had unlucky number of guests. Was told that her son had a friend from university wuth him and so they were 13 instead 12. Funny to fear the number 13, 2 of our kids and my wife are born on 13th of a month.

Seemed I typoed the new word, should have probably have looked it up first and not type it as I thought it would be typed. Quoting from:

http://www.symbolic-meanings.com/2008/01/27/symbolic-meaning-of-number-thirteen/

In France the number thirteen referred to as le point de Judas, to mark Judas’s betrayal of Christ. This term also suggests an omen as Judas was the first to leave the table at the Last Supper, and also the first to die. Also in France it is still the practice to hire a quartorzieme, or a fourteenth guest to a dinner party if only thirteen were in the original total. This is said to assure a problem-free event.

So it is quartorzieme. One of them is said to have died in high age with 500000 franc of old good currency just from being a guest. My daughter told me that the family's son looked at her as if she would be a mooncalf. They played together as kids and he was away overseas for university for 2 and a half years, just when our oldest jumped more than a foot to 1.95 metres size. She is now 10 centimetres taller than him. He and his friend both do business schools and my daughter said she liked to discuss with them. Centuries in advance planing in forest economy versus fast profit planing only for the next meeting of stock holders. When she said that she is going to study arboristic they didn't even know what it is.

An invitation to drive her home in his super flat sports car she said no: too small, too low and she wasn't properly dressed to do a walk when the car would have stuck on the road to our house. So the poor boy was forced to use the old Lada Niva from his dad instead his own Porsche Cayman.

• 2 months later...

This topic's come full circle. I'm not superstitious, but will opportunize and attempt to have extra special smiley moments for encounters.

Free chocolate!

:bounce:

gogo

On my recent trip to London, one of the tour guides said the London Eye ferris wheel does not have a working car #13 because so many people refused to ride in it. This news article states the same: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1256584/London-Eye-celebrates-tenth-birthday-iconic-landmark.html In place of the 13th car, the Eye has one that is simply a frame w/ no glass (I presume the frame's weight is needed to counterbalance the wheel).

Avoid black cats, stepping below ladders, breaking mirrors,... today is one of these days again.

Its Friday the 13th again

Kinda hard for me to do the first.. I have a cat - and she is quite black.. Avoiding her - not possible..

You could have a talk with your cat that summer is close and a new hair look is new fashion:

SPH1.jpg

But I fear by razoring your cat this way ... friday the 13th will be a selffullfilling prophecy. At least our cats have terrible claws and know how to use them.

Still in this day and age. On the contrary, I'd say it might be the lucky day for some peeps. Used to consider Friday 13'th with a day of ominous aura hovering above, but since a dear friend of mine told about nice things he and his wife had experienced of those days, I'm starting to change my mind. If memory serves, they got married on one such day. And are still happily together. Makes me wonder... :devil:

lol, we'll have to see how that wedding goes :bounce: For me, the Friday went well, lol in fact I'd forgotten about friday the thirteenth for most of the day again until later... nothing hairy scary to report, still smiln!

:cow_white:

gogo