Hi DarkMatters, need some Sacred 2 PS3 help.

Whatsup all,

Just started playing sacred a lil while ago, although I'm not new to rpg's in any sort, but anywho I have a couple of chars all on shadow throughout the past couple of weeks

40 HE ice/lightning

48 SW dual wield

47 TG mostly tank, but trying to spec him for high DS dmg right now

Anyway, I was basically wondering whether or not there's anyway to farm for better uniques/sets/legendaries rather than just grinding the heck out of the game.

Currently I'm on gold with all 3 chars grinding the:

Orc Cave

Numerous mini-bosses(white griffon, boar, undead prince, christmas dudes)

Some bosses(octo, garganthro, garcolloseus, etc.)(although have yielded poor rewards and far between)

Dragons(although for the majority have left me with similar results to the main quest bosses)

And the last 4(or 5 if you count the egg)

In addition I've been seeing so many mixed results about EP, and % chance to MF, as well as the SB & % map revealed stuff and wondering how much of an effect this has on finding better gear more OFTEN(not necessarily higher level gear[I assume this goes up with difficulty and char level])

But yea, any assistance with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

In addition if anybody is on the PS3 servers wants to log on n play sometime, I'd be more than happy to join up.

PSN tag = User name(TheTrollingBear)

Welcome aboard!

By "the egg" do you mean the one in the chamber with the Nameless Guardians? How do you get the loot? I thought that was impossible on the consoles.

Also, what do you mean by "christmas dudes"?

Welcome bro.

Can't speak for consoles directly, but I think you're doing it right for sure.

There are some places that seem to drop specific things more often, but for all drops you're doing the right thing.

Mastery in Bargaining can give you better chance for quest item rewards.

You can also run a more dedicated hunter that has enhanced perception and rings and amulets with pluses on it to help as well, if drops are your focus

Running the Blood Region chain is the absolute best for set items.

I played today for about four hours with two different characters and picked up twenty different set items, including six of the same item over a half hour period.

For me, it was not as fruitful as usual. It drops that many set items.

Finishing each level of difficulty also will give you better items dropped, as the modifiers on them will be higher, so keep that in mind.

This is the one he's talkin' bout Lujate -- Can_Christmas_Still_be_Saved

Edited by JKtheWonderguy

Lujate:

I believe you're right as I have only been able to hit the "egg"(im assuming since I got the sound fx) in the center but not yet been able to kill it since I can't see a health bar>< so can't give anyway word about collecting loot

Thanks for the advise btw ill test it out tonight n let you know how I do, any other secret holes ppl know about?

Desert scarabs haven't brought me any luck although dryad island has had some pretty decent set/unique results although no legendaries yet for me :(

Killing the egg is done with a LL% shuriken, but AFAIK it is impossible to pick up the loot on the consoles.

Neither the Cursed Forest nor Christmas Island exist on the consoles.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Grinding is a must for most arpg's, I'm afraid. But with that comes xp, with that comes lvling, and with that comes power, mwahaha..........*cough, splutter !*

Erm, enjoy playing the game !

Steve.

Forgot that LL% damage is bugged on the consoles.

The best grinding spot is probably the Orc Cave, but it quickly becomes painfully monotonous.

There has been a lot of speculation that Legendaries do not exist on the consoles. There have been a few pics posted though (assuming they are legit). No matter what, your chances of finding one are incredibly slim.

Whatsup all,

Just started playing sacred a lil while ago, although I'm not new to rpg's in any sort, but anywho I have a couple of chars all on shadow throughout the past couple of weeks

40 HE ice/lightning

48 SW dual wield

47 TG mostly tank, but trying to spec him for high DS dmg right now

Anyway, I was basically wondering whether or not there's anyway to farm for better uniques/sets/legendaries rather than just grinding the heck out of the game.

Currently I'm on gold with all 3 chars grinding the:

Orc Cave

Numerous mini-bosses(white griffon, boar, undead prince, christmas dudes)

Some bosses(octo, garganthro, garcolloseus, etc.)(although have yielded poor rewards and far between)

Dragons(although for the majority have left me with similar results to the main quest bosses)

And the last 4(or 5 if you count the egg)

In addition I've been seeing so many mixed results about EP, and % chance to MF, as well as the SB & % map revealed stuff and wondering how much of an effect this has on finding better gear more OFTEN(not necessarily higher level gear[I assume this goes up with difficulty and char level])

But yea, any assistance with this problem will be greatly appreciated.

In addition if anybody is on the PS3 servers wants to log on n play sometime, I'd be more than happy to join up.

PSN tag = User name(TheTrollingBear)

Welcome to the boards Marc!

If yer looking for a way to get ahead, Schot has also posted a good guide on getting sets to drop. You've been given a lot of good info by members here as well, y0u're on a great road.

Tough game though huh^^

:devil:

gogo

indeed gogo, indeed it is. and I'll check out that guide

in reference to the "christmas island" I was under the impression the area where the banshee is was the "christmas" part - but guess I was wrong, anywho that's the area I was talking about, sorry bout that.

started another HE yesterday but went EP pyro instead - hopefully it turns out well, no deaths yet muahaha :) at 30ish something and already finding sets - too bad none for HE or SW yet, damn seraphim gear dropping like crazy though =\

• 2 weeks later...

So basically I've come to the realization that I can't just grind the levels out on a character once I get past about 45-60to somewhere in there ha. Because of this im having a lil trouble finding better gear to move onto, but no worries! My utter lack of patience with characters has brought me:

2x40'ish He'd

78 DW Sw

44 DW seraphim

40ish DS-TG

45 Blowgun Dryad

48 2-handed hafted seraphim

Current-31polearm SW(So far my favorite, and inI junction with 2-handed hafted/sword is imo, more broken than DW)

So far all of them are in gold except the DW SW who's in plat.

Basically what im wondering is, what to make next?!

:P

I have similar issues playing a toon past level 100-ish. Some can beat the guardians at that level, some cannot but I could never find the interest to farm with a toon that I have already played for 100+ hours.

Hybrid inquisitors are fun and powerful on consoles. Not too OP unless you get damage mitigation immortality.

Caster Dryad isn't too bad, focusing on Malicious Totem if you find targeting Ephadic Lances tedious.

Melee Elves are viable, too. But they can eat 1000's of runes, so take some advance planning, stocking up your player chest, etc otherwise you'll end up in the same situation - end gold and needing specific gear to move forward.

Happy Hunting!