Handgrenade in toy store

120126_1809_img_0928_aufmacher.jpg

My parents phoned me yesterday that when they wanted to visit a friend who is at hospital, there was a lot of police at the nearby supermarket, where they wanted to buy a small gift. Seems personal from the market found a working M75 handgrenade in the toy part of the market.

My brother lives just 300 metres from the market and he has 3 kids below 5 years.

At a resting place at the autobahn where I live, several ammunition for a tank gun was found 2 days ago.

Luckily the handgrenade and the tank bullets weren't wire trapped. But police in schools did savety rules if finding military stuff this morning. They fear that the grenade was aimed at kids who may have played with it.

German newspaper article

http://www.mittelhessen.de/lokales/top_news_aus_regionen/top_news_region_wetzlar_und_giessen/673626_mit_video_handgranate_in_spielzeugabteilung_polizei_sieht_kinder_in_gefahr.html

120126_1809_img_0928_aufmacher.jpg

My parents phoned me yesterday that when they wanted to visit a friend who is at hospital, there was a lot of police at the nearby supermarket, where they wanted to buy a small gift. Seems personal from the market found a working M75 handgrenade in the toy part of the market.

My brother lives just 300 metres from the market and he has 3 kids below 5 years.

At a resting place at the autobahn where I live, several ammunition for a tank gun was found 2 days ago.

Luckily the handgrenade and the tank bullets weren't wire trapped. But police in schools did savety rules if finding military stuff this morning. They fear that the grenade was aimed at kids who may have played with it.

German newspaper article

http://www.mittelhes..._in_gefahr.html

This is terrifying news Chattius, especially with children as targets involved. I'm just relieved that noone has gotten hurt, do they have any suspects? How about video cameras, is there a chance that some kind of action or people could have been recorded?

:)

gogo

• 3 weeks later...