Does everyone use the CM patch?

Just wondering!

I recently installed it and was a bit dismayed by some of the changes to the log at the very beginning. For instance I knew nothing about the in-game concert; so the stuff about it in the log was a bit of a spoiler - for me. Not a big deal, but I am wondering what other additions etc there are and if I might play without it first time through.

Any opinions or general info welcomed

Thanks

My 10 cent's go with CM. You won't go wrong as it fixes heaps of troubles and adds some interesting new things.

And that concert's been there from the beginning. Just find Hansi near Clear View to start the chain of quests. :)

The Community Patch adds the one thing that was missing even with Ice & Blood for me: Program stability(no crashes). The added quests, items, and bringing back places that were removed is icing on the cake.

Would never think of playing the game without it. It's not just a bunch of tweaks and extra stuff, the primary focus of the CM Patch is quest fixes and restoring game content.

And for what it's worth, the Blind Guardian concert was highly publicized since before the game's release, it's more surprising that you hadn't heard about it.

...And for what it's worth, the Blind Guardian concert was highly publicized since before the game's release, it's more surprising that you hadn't heard about it.

Yes I agree with you there.

So, from the replies thus far it seems to be thumbs up.

Thanks all.

Would never think of playing the game without it. It's not just a bunch of tweaks and extra stuff, the primary focus of the CM Patch is quest fixes and restoring game content.

And for what it's worth, the Blind Guardian concert was highly publicized since before the game's release, it's more surprising that you hadn't heard about it.

Truth be told, when I ran into the first kid talking about Blind Guardian - my first impression was somehow the guy who introduces us to the game - the BLIND guy - was doing some sort of concert. Ditto on the 2nd kid in Thylysium. I hadn't heard much about Sacred 2 prior to playing the game. Blind Guardian isn't exactly a well known band in the US. In fact, until last year, they hadn't really done much touring or for that matter gotten much, if any air play.

My Sacred addiction came about when a buddy of mine picked up the original Sacred in the discount bin at Target. He was busy with something or other and wanted me to check the game out to see if it was any good. The rest, as they say, is history...

That said, siddham's not knowing about it IS plausible...

Anyhow... I do recommend the CM Patch. As others have said, it's original purpose was to restore the Christmas Island quests. But since the original release, it's fixed a LOT of minor issues with the game, added new content, new armor, new weapons and new quests!

Do your characters have to start over from scratch once you have installed the CM Patch.

Curious, would not want to loose all progress playing in the Standard Version, Ice & Blood release.

Basically, do your characters convert over as well?

Much Thanks!

I remain, :bye:

Sacred 2 Ice & Blood characters will get converted to the Community Patch without issues. The perfect jump would be to a new difficulty in order to experience as much as possible.

Do your characters have to start over from scratch once you have installed the CM Patch.

Curious, would not want to loose all progress playing in the Standard Version, Ice & Blood release.

Basically, do your characters convert over as well?

Much Thanks!

Yah... Files started with plain Sacred 2 and then upgraded to Ice and Blood and then the CM Patch will work - BUT... (there's always a "but" somewhere) you can't then remove the CM Patch and play the character without it. Actually, you probably can, but there will be issues.

Part of the issue - the CM Patch reorganizes bits of the log book - I.e. the Epic Office Quest normally is in the Chapter 7 section, but the CM Patch moves it to the Blue quests page. Then there's the additional quests and such that have been added or modified by the patch.

To make a rather lengthy story short, it makes a right proper mess of the log book.

Then there's the question of inventory - armor and weapons. Stuff you may have gotten from the patch will likely not appear properly, if at all if it's something that was added by the patch. (I.e. the Lich armor for the Shadow Warrior that's a clone of the one from World of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne.) Equip your Shadow Warrior with that armor and then remove the patch - and suddenly, you might find him nekkid. Ditto with the various bits of weaponry - fist weapons, swords, throwing potions and such, that were unlocked or added by the patch.

Anyhow.. You get the picture.. It's likely the same thing with taking a character opened in Ice and Blood NOT working in standard Sacred 2...

When I first discovered the alterations in the log I decided to uninstall the CM patch.

Will I be ok if I reinstall it on Sacred 2 as is...or should I reinstall Sacred 2 first?

wolfie2kx said:

"To make a rather lengthy story short, it makes a right proper mess of the log book."

This worries me?

And you say something about "Blue quests page"... what's that?

Edited by siddham

You can remove the CM patch using the disable EXE included with CM. I did that many times and never had any trouble. Your characters might have issues depending on how long you played with the CM. I always maintained separate ones.

You can remove the CM patch using the disable EXE included with CM. I did that many times and never had any trouble. Your characters might have issues depending on how long you played with the CM. I always maintained separate ones.

I meant...if I have already removed it, can I reinstall it without problems...or should I first reinstall Sacred 2?

I understand the qualification re characters and possible missing equipment etc...so I would be starting a new character.

When I first discovered the alterations in the log I decided to uninstall the CM patch.

Will I be ok if I reinstall it on Sacred 2 as is...or should I reinstall Sacred 2 first?

wolfie2kx said:

"To make a rather lengthy story short, it makes a right proper mess of the log book."

This worries me?

And you say something about "Blue quests page"... what's that?

Well... I suppose it depends largely on if you're going thru the game, trying to complete quests or not, to get to the end of the game OR if you're just going into a multiplayer game to just get kills and XP so you can level up to get to the next difficulty level.

The Blue quests tab is the one that should be at the bottom of the log book, it's the one where the character specific quests are logged. The quest givers of this quest chain generally have a blue exclamation point above their heads when they're waiting for you to talk with them.

Here is an example of a logbook entry of the blue quest page for the High Elf (with the CM Patch installed). As mentioned previously, the Epic Office Quest shows up on this page with the CM Patch installed. Without the CM Patch, it shows up in section 8, (not 7 as previously mentioned) The Jungle area as that is where the first element of the quest can be found (the switch).

I meant...if I have already removed it, can I reinstall it without problems...or should I first reinstall Sacred 2?

I understand the qualification re characters and possible missing equipment etc...so I would be starting a new character.

Yes! You can uninstall and reinstall the CM Patch without issues. Earlier versions of the CM Patch required that you remove a previous version before installing a newer one. More recent versions, however allow you to just install a newer one on top of the previous one without grief.

The caveat I droned on about only applies if you just REMOVE the patch without installing it again. If you remove it and do NOT install it again, then yes, you can have issues. If you do reinstall then all should be good and there shouldn't be any problems.

Thank you wolfie2kx...appreciate that.

So I can go ahead and reinstall the CM patch and get going properly. Thus far I've been messing around in the starter areas with a couple of characters and reading up some info on builds & skills. Thinking of either a Dryad or a dragon Mage (melee/mentalist hybrid).

I'm only going to play SP; so yes the quests & story etc is important to me; especially for my first venture into the game..I dont have the connection or the skill to play online.

Thanks for the info. wolfie!

Could someone please provide a link to the newest version of CM. I currently have a version downloaded sitting in idle. However, that was downloaded over a year ago now.

Thanks Again.

Thanks much lujate!

I remain, :oooo:

Version 130 is the most current public release. 140 is coming - soon. The delay in getting 140 out is due to the fact it's likely to be the final version. Sadly, there aren't that many new issues popping up (I suppose that's a GOOD thing, though) nor any requests for new content. The game also seems to be dwindling as far as the number of people playing it. Understandable given Diablo 3 is out and Guild Wars 2 is around the corner and Sacred 3 is still "in production" - whatever that means.

Also, FYI, you can always find the latest version in the DarkMatters download section as well as from the link found in the first post about the CM Patch found in the CM Patch section of these forums.