Any Wheel of Time fans?

Knuckles

Been reading this series for a looooong time. (1st book came out in 1990)

Well the 14th and final book just came out and have it sitting on my desk. Forcing myself to re-read the 1st 13 of them before reading it. It is a fantastic read - my all time favorite series. Beats even the Lord of the Rings.

If you like LOTR, you should really give this a try :)

I've read around 8(?) books way back then. Can't be quite sure, as it was a translation, and the original books were split to about 2 or 3 pieces a shot. :o

Was a good read then, and I'm quite sure I'll be enjoying it a lot, once I can get it started again. Still waiting for a good monetary situation to get the last 4 books.

zomgod, sooooooo many books... I remember looking at this series years and years ( and years and years) ago. Hugely detailed, loads of characters, but so much to read for me back then. You bringing it up again here now makes me think that it could be a good series to really delve into once again. Loved all the elments they used... rather violent they were too^^

:)

gogo

The plots and sub-plots, and even sub-sub-plots are great...something said in passing in book 2 all of a sudden reappears in book 9. All the books are at least 650 pages long. Makes for a great immersive read

They're great stuff! I've just finished re-reading them all and finished book 14 today. Finshed all 14 (wikipedia says just under 12000 pages) in just under 2 weeks, so a fair effort I think :)

It's sad that it's now over though, but I'm sure I'll get them all out again later and reread them many times in the future, but the last book definitely needs a break before reading it again.

And now I have nothing to read on the way too and from uni...

Yup as much as I'm looking forward to book 14, I'll be sad it's over. There are 1 or 2 pre-quels though. I'll be getting them soon. Now if HBO could do the same thing for Wheel of Time that it's doing for Game of Thrones I'll be in heaven

A Wheel of Time tv series? I'd a never thought of this, though there is so much magic in this series... but if they can get the money for it AND those really awesome actors like they used in Game of Thrones, we're looking at some good years watching!

gogo

It could work very well, the only thing I say as a thorn in it's side...is magic. I can't think of a single series that has loads of magic that the effects never looked hokey in.

remember merlin?

gogo

I know! I love the complexity of Channeling! Thing is, that's a HUGE part of the story. We were all getting off on it's effects which are huge, massive and entertaining reads... but to see all this happening in a series?

I think that's why Game of Thrones is so good...it's a soap, there's restraint on the magic...but those actors must cost a small fortune to employ.

Still though, I can see someone trying to do this series... ^^

gogo

I love this series, I just recently stumbled accross it. I actually can't believe it never came to may attention before, since I am an avid reader.

As for making this a TV series, omg wouldnt that be ossum.

• Like! 1

... the 14th and final book ...

I read it and there are just too many things left undone or unsaid for it to be the last book. There has to be at least one more to finish tying up all the loose threads.
  • Like! 1

Another book to tie things up would be great. Unfortunately I highly doubt we will see any further Wheel of Time novels, I'm sure I read somewhere that Sanderson and Jordans wife have said nothing else will be written.