SacredWiki Rich Text Editor - Let the games begin!

Just curious....are all the wiki templates still available...don't see it in the pic (haven't looked at it in wiki yet)

Still available but no button yet. I'll have them in soon I hope.

Just curious....are all the wiki templates still available...don't see it in the pic (haven't looked at it in wiki yet)

Still available but no button yet. I'll have them in soon I hope.

Thanks...no hurry :)

A couple, or few, weeks ago sneakor mentioned in a pm that he would love to have a rich text editor on SacredWiki. I've been wanting this myself for some time as well because it offers a lot of shortcuts and simplifications to editing on the wiki. Well! We now have one. dance3.gif For now it's a Beta because I'd like us to test it out first and see if it is truly an improvement. So in order to use it you will need to choose it. Go to:

Preferences (Link is in the top right of SacredWiki)

Editing Tab

Choose "Enable enhanced editing toolbar"

There's a whole bunch of other options in there and I've never tried them. Feel free to experiment and if you have any feedback please post it here!

Keep in mind that some tools that you might expect toi be in the rich editor might be missing. There's some further setup that I may need to do for the editor.

Enjoy!

OLD:

attachicon.gifwikiedit.JPG

NEW:

attachicon.gifwikirte.JPG

Good job Schot!

You're always putting in the effort and time to keep our community active in the SacredWiki with great support, addons and upgrades. If we're busy there's a reason, you're one of the awesome reasons why.

Thank you

:)

gogo

Thanx for the vote of confidence Ysne. :D I'm becoming a bit addicted to the new sacredwiki editor. It has something that I never thought I'd see in a wiki editor. Find/Replace! On the far right top corner of the new editor is a Find/Replace button that can change every instance of a word on a page to a word/spelling of your choosing. Amazing for quick corrections of a misspelled word that appears many times on a single page.

Thanks for pointing on that spot! I've used the FireFox Searchfunction and replaced everything by hand. This will be very handy :)

Edited by Sneak0r
  • Like! 1

Thanx for the vote of confidence Ysne. :D I'm becoming a bit addicted to the new sacredwiki editor. It has something that I never thought I'd see in a wiki editor. Find/Replace! On the far right top corner of the new editor is a Find/Replace button that can change every instance of a word on a page to a word/spelling of your choosing. Amazing for quick corrections of a misspelled word that appears many times on a single page.

Thanks for pointing on that spot! I've used the FireFox Searchfunction and replaced everything by hand. This will be very handy :)

Yep same here! Very good to know, guess I should give the new editor a try.

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm happy to read you're all liking the changes. Here's some more! I just added the Sacred specific buttons that were missing from the new editor. While editing SacredWiki you can hover over the new buttons with your cursor to see text popup that explain each button. Cheers!

OLD

wikiedit.JPG

NEW

wikirte.JPG

Just Added!

Untitled-1.jpg

• Like! 1

SChot, totally sold on that new editor! And yer new buttons are smooth and very 2.0^^ REally didn't wannna keep the old-school blocky ones huh ...awwwwwwwwww :lol:

It's the insta-table function I love... lickety split, table on the quick!

Couldn't believe how easy it was.

Press table button

fill in to the questions it asks, how many across, how many down, and what you want to call the headers...

click

woah table on the page!

:oooo:

gogo

When are they gonna release the editor where I can just say what I want it to look like?

"Editor! Frame all those pictures I just uploaded and center them in rows, all the same height! Name them and link them up while you're at it! Munch munch" The munching is because I have my hands free to eat a taco.

Im waiting too for it!

Think about it... all this time we spend 'writing" from the old days, then to "typing"... I think that because we have to use code and keyboards (currently) to effect changes, it kind of "sieves" the output of the world.

When that fateful day comes when anyone can just "talk" and what they say is put in screen instantly, and well, and we can move data across screens to edit, like pictures, we're talking BIG changes

:)

gogo