Ad placement on SacredWiki

Hey guys!

Pages are looking great :D

I am just looking at this page here now:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Shadow_Warrior

Have the ad codes been changed, and ads are now either missiong or moved to other side of page?

Ads should be kept as placed:

• bottom of page
  • top of page
  • top right corner

if look at history can see where proper ad placement is that we have set up

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Shadow_Warrior&oldid=65644

Formating of pages has to ( I know this is painful) around these ad locations

thanks

:)

gogo

Hmm....I think I have been guilty of this on numerous occasions :dntknw:

Just wondering is there somewhere we have a set code/template for ad placement? And should this being going on all new pages and on pages we edit that it is missing on?

I never think about it since I never see the ads...I auto-login so I never honestly thought about it much

p.s. Just as an aside...that Shadow Warrior page still has a couple photobucket pics if someone wants to re-upload. Schot put in an option to upload from url which is pretty handy for this (also helps as many pics transferred in bulk for photobucket cannot be re-sized or otherwise altered)

• Like! 1

That's probably from my work. I can check and try to correct it. Sorry. I have no idea how ads are handled. I remember maybe seeing ad code like once but I don't remember ever touching it or deleting it.

EDIT: Ok I think I see what the problem is: at the very top the |valign="top"| is missing because I deleted it (in ignorance that it was part of the code for the ad).

Part of the problem is ads don't display in my browser so if I messed up their placement I would never see it in the previews.

EDIT2: Alright I'm using Chrome Now. Ahh ads! I had no idea they existed (sorry I try to remember to disable Firefox's Adblock for beloved sites I just had no idea).

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

Hmm....I think I have been guilty of this on numerous occasions :dntknw:

Just wondering is there somewhere we have a set code/template for ad placement? And should this being going on all new pages and on pages we edit that it is missing on?

I never think about it since I never see the ads...I auto-login so I never honestly thought about it much

p.s. Just as an aside...that Shadow Warrior page still has a couple photobucket pics if someone wants to re-upload. Schot put in an option to upload from url which is pretty handy for this (also helps as many pics transferred in bulk for photobucket cannot be re-sized or otherwise altered)

No worries Knuckles, we're going through all the pages and see where, through templates or work ad code's been moved. Everyoen's been super busy lately, we just caught this now :bounce:

That's probably from my work. I can check and try to correct it. Sorry. I have no idea how ads are handled. I remember maybe seeing ad code like once but I don't remember ever touching it or deleting it.

EDIT: Ok I think I see what the problem is: at the very top the |valign="top"| is missing because I deleted it (in ignorance that it was part of the code for the ad).

Part of the problem is ads don't display in my browser so if I messed up their placement I would never see it in the previews.

EDIT2: Alright I'm using Chrome Now. Ahh ads! I had no idea they existed (sorry I try to remember to disable Firefox's Adblock for beloved sites I just had no idea).

Dinna Worry! lol, all of us have missed this, but what I do is turn off blocker for wiki and darkmatters, so that I'm able to see what the community sees., What can help is, have blocker turned off for a site like wiki, then use your own personal page to preview when doing work on page formatting. This can help catch stuff like this.

I kinda ran ahead and fixed some of the probs. :blush: Not sure if I got them all though. For the most part it was just a bit of wiki table code that was missing. Like "{|" or just a "|"

You're aces Schot, looks like those pages you got to are good!

:dance:

gogo

Phew. Thanks. It's like having Dad take care of a mess for you.

kids-making-mess-19.jpg

Uh...so we decided to help out and feed the dog.

So do we need to put these ad codes on new pages? Like the aspect pages I'm working on for example?

• Like! 1

Yah, important to keep the ad codes while working around them. Wiki's keeps us on toes with hosting costs, especially since we started process of moving pix off our two photobucket pro accounts, and just onto our own servers.

We're currently on an intermediate level Semi-Dedicated Hosting package from MDD Hosting, which means we are careful with adding huge files like game demo, etc.

We always feel that a contributor's ability to contribute should never be hindered by space as being a "problem" though... me and Schot will cross that bridge for us when we get there, we want this wiki around another ten years at least!

:4rofl:

gogo

So do we need to put these ad codes on new pages? Like the aspect pages I'm working on for example?

lol, liked that pic

and in answer to your question, yes... like for this page here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5?title=Sacred_2:Draconicon&oldid=65946

It's missing tp right and bottom ad

As other example ad code is missing on this page here, top right:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Aspects

:)

gogo