Mobs fly back in 2.0.2 but in 2.12 doesn't?

Hello everyone

I`m playing Sacred 2 for 5 years now, and I allways had one question in mind.
I don`t know, maybe someone asked this million times for now,
but I haven`t found anything like that in any Sacred forum I was looking through.
So, back to the point.
If somebody played Sacred 2 Fallen Angel v.2.0.2, they might remember what I`m talking about
When character kills mob, the mob flys back and falls. Looks great, just like some sort of physics feature
(Yet in 2.0.2 PhysX wasnt included yet)
And in patch 2.12 this feature dissapears and dosen`t appear in later versions also.
The mobs just drop dead after being hit by player, thats all.
So my question is : Can we restore it in later patches?
Maybe, there is some config, I can redact?

• Like! 1

Hello everyone

I`m playing Sacred 2 for 5 years now, and I allways had one question in mind.

I don`t know, maybe someone asked this million times for now,

but I haven`t found anything like that in any Sacred forum I was looking through.

So, back to the point.

If somebody played Sacred 2 Fallen Angel v.2.0.2, they might remember what I`m talking about

When character kills mob, the mob flys back and falls. Looks great, just like some sort of physics feature

(Yet in 2.0.2 PhysX wasnt included yet)

And in patch 2.12 this feature dissapears and dosen`t appear in later versions also.

The mobs just drop dead after being hit by player, thats all.

So my question is : Can we restore it in later patches?

Maybe, there is some config, I can redact?

I LOVED this CA mod!

The Shadow Warrior can be modded so that each blown back guy can knock others over like ten pins...you can create this cool mass splash effect amongst mobs! I was pretty hooked on it in it's time, and was always wanting to keep trying over and over to throw back as many skelllies as possible.

I'll check to see if I have any pix...for a while, I was completely fascinated.

I forget which CA it was that initiated the animation...but you can see peeps being knocked up into the air, and sometimes right into the camera!

:4rofl:

gogo

heh, I remember making other picks at first primarily...was looking for damage...but rumor was running somewhere that there was a bowling alley CA in the game, and after you see it in action, it's a great hoot

Hope you're able to get it going!

:)

gogo

Hmmm, im not sure I remember that happening... but maybe somebody else who had game during early patch time? Perhaps before the 'real" patch was applied, a lot of the physics were working incorectly...and then 'correctly" got applied to the CA's as devs had imagined it.

During when game was first released, there were uncounted uncompleted elements... Uniques for instance were not in game yet, and eveyrone was trying to have us document them :4rofl: Next patch fixed that, and, as well, our ability to be able to buy sets in merchants with high bargaining^^

gogo

I've been thinking the same thing, actually I delayed posting it in this thread because it seemed off-topic but since it's been mentioned:

There are two ways I've seen this handled so far on the Wiki, for modifications that substantially change a Combat Art. One is to make a new page for the modification, and put content there, and link to it: like on the Baneful Smite page, there's a link to a page w/ a pic about the Chain modification.

The other way is just to add a video/pictures of modified CA's into the gallery at the bottom of the page (not all classes have a gallery yet, I"m still working on them).

I tend to favor this latter method, as it keeps the content on the same page. So far I've only been adding pictures to galleries but videos could go there as well, as you can see at the bottom of the page for Archangel's Wrath: someone (Msytix I assume) added a video of how the CA changes when using the Salvo and Lock mods.

• Like! 1

Wow

I finaly saw the forum is alive)

WE are the Zions of the last faith of Sacred! :dance:

Also, I can make a video

Would love this! We were actually all chatting a bit back about adding more video in the Wiki through quests. Great moments like this help us cement the sentiment of "surprise" a good l'il game can give us, and could probably amuse readers with.

I know that the devs had probably meant for CA combinations to "remain secret" so that players would find repeat value, but 8 years later, perhaps it's finally time to lay out a lot of this game's secrets.

Thanks for the awesome topic Nemesis

:thumbsup:

gogo

Given that we recently discussed adding quest videos, maybe with the Hurl it would be a good reason to expand the CA videos on the wiki. We are constantly asked on what mods are best best to take. And many weaker mods are more visual fun than practical. Wiki CA only have one video each for the unmoded version, skewing the research on them.

Bam!

For this alone, to contrast visually so that what's hidden in the game to be apparent, I'd agree. wiki's are old school in that way that so much of their content is written text. But ti's much easier to impart the "amusement factor versus practical" with a video regarding a video like this. I know when we were playing game as it just came out, everyone was rushing so quickly just to get to make that final click with their last alotted mod just to see the a new graphical effect.

gogo

I tend to favor this latter method, as it keeps the content on the same page. So far I've only been adding pictures to galleries but videos could go there as well, as you can see at the bottom of the page for Archangel's Wrath: someone (Msytix I assume) added a video of how the CA changes when using the Salvo and Lock mods.

I like the take on this. If the CA pages are "root" pages, then putting the videos directly on that page will work, because we can then transclude to other grouping pages in the Wiki... for example Area of Effect page can now have video transcluded directly into it from the page it's on first in it's own CA listing. Yah, think it's Mystix that put that video, it's great content regarding 'revealing" the actual look/feel of a video. ha, another project... maybe we can our buddy Tarantino in on this

:lol:

gogo

Wow

I finaly saw the forum is alive)

<I>Prismatic Enchanter

there was a similar effect for ALL kills</I>

Yes, that`s exactly, what I was trying to say.

Unfortunatly, 2.0.2 is a very old patch, so there`s no chance you`ll find some repack, or sort of, in net.

I got my cd very early from localizator (RU), there were only few. But here`s more:

- in 2.0.2 there much more sounds for each character, they adress to bosses like golem or octopus by name etc.

This files still lying inside game, but for some reason are not used

- enemys adress characters by class (ex. like Hey, Seraphine, or Hey, bad ass Warrior etc)

Still not used in later patches

- armors for horses and unique riding pets (yeah it`s cool)

Has a lot of crashes upon it, so in 2.12 dissapears completly.

I listened to all the speech audio files of the things that the characters can NPC's can say, and you're right..we only hear about 20% of all the lines that they recorded and put into the game files. There are specific things that the characters say to bosses, there are NPC lines that ask about specific bosses, there are lines where the character talks about each region's enemy types and damage types, there's a ton of unused NPC gossip... SO MUCH voice content is there but not used in the current game version. It breaks my heart a little. I knew this already, but I never knew that the voices were once implemented and then removed in a patch. Maybe they were buggy or maybe it was because of a bug that they were removed. Sucks either way to have all those voices that go unheard...they add a lot to the game.

You know, what`s funny about all that stuff?
It`s localizated in all versions
And that means, that this files were given for translation early before release and it had to be used
I know that for sure, cause I was speaking once to a guy from Akella,
russian localization team, and he said that they got all this files with instructions for translation
I guess you`re right, it was bugging like hell, and then when Ascaron died - nobody cared about all that stuff