Chance to halve regeneration time?

Chance for half turns the regenetation clock to 6 o clock before regeneration starts. Together with combat disvipline mastery you have to regenerate only 100-50-20 = 30 per cent. It allows mage builds with 200 runes in every buff and ca and still be able to spam a spell without reg per hit.

My hardcore maximum ca-range DM mentalist makes full use of half regen, ca-mastery and alchemy boosted concentration potions.

Think I had a thread once with underestimated modifiers:

chance for half regeration time

+ca range

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19514-underestimated-item-modifiers/

• Like! 1

Chance for half turns the regenetation clock to 6 o clock before regeneration starts. Together with combat disvipline mastery you have to regenerate only 100-50-20 = 30 per cent. It allows mage builds with 200 runes in every buff and ca and still be able to spam a spell without reg per hit.

My hardcore maximum ca-range DM mentalist makes full use of half regen, ca-mastery and alchemy boosted concentration potions.

Think I had a thread once with underestimated modifiers:

chance for half regeration time

+ca range

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19514-underestimated-item-modifiers/

That's an outstanding topic. I'm going to link to it from the Wiki.

• Like! 1

There are combat arts with x% manasteel on hit. My theory is that this is added to the 50% from half-reg and 20% from combat discipline mastery. So a near instant regeneration could be possible.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21023-combat-discipline-or-its-7-oclock-on-a-10-hour-clock/

Canditats for a try: melee elf with magic coup and temple warrior with this shocking grip.

There are combat arts with x% manasteel on hit. My theory is that this is added to the 50% from half-reg and 20% from combat discipline mastery. So a near instant regeneration could be possible.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21023-combat-discipline-or-its-7-oclock-on-a-10-hour-clock/

Canditats for a try: melee elf with magic coup and temple warrior with this shocking grip.

Magic Coup or Callous Execution are a good choices. With Jolting Touch the regeneration effect comes in pulses, so it may be more difficult to gauge the effect. Dislodged Spirit can do this also.

I think that's all of the Combat Arts that can have a regen-per-hit effect.

That's interesting about Combat Discipline. I usually think of its bonus as regeneration time -x% when actually it just starts the timer further along.

• 2 months later...

Regen per Hit is far superior (at sufficient levels it removes regeneration time), but only if you are able to land weapon hits with near-certainty. For spell-casters who don't have a good weapon with a good chance to hit, RPH is no good.

As a general rule, RPH is much better for weapon-based and hybrid Combat Arts, which effectively recharge themselves in the process of using. For spell-based CAs it just isn't so good, because you need to switch to something else in order to recharge the CA. Sometimes, while you swing your weapon or use weapon-based CAs to trigger RPH, you find out that enough time passed and the spell already recharged itself. Chance to halve regeneration time is equally good for all CAs, but you need to have nearly 100% of it to experience the real effect.

• 2 months later...

For luddites like myself who play Fallen Angel - and can't get RPH - this is a good avenue to explore. There's a few builds that come to mind e.g. Ranged inquisititor, a kung fu dryad, high elf cobalt strike mob killer. There's also combat arts where the cooldown is only improved by eating more runes e.g shadow step, totems and skeletal towers. I've got a SW helm level 125 with 26% chance to halve regen so that's a good start. Been looking at the wiki items and taking notes. Gonna mod balance .txt and get some blank Niob characters and a master blacksmith to get rings in bronze slots.