Wine Glasses

lujate

You know that Schott Zwiesel is a great maker of wine glasses here ?

https://www.zwiesel-glas.com/shop/weinglaeser/rotweinglaeser/burgunder-rotweinglas-fine

Another reason or side effect why some glasses narrow to the top is: Letting the wine rotate in the glas without swapping out for a quicker oxydation. The rotating also lifts the taste quicker to the nose.

Anyone remember the Romans? They build a wall through Germany (limes). The barbaric roman site was and is wine land. The civilized germanic side was and is beer land.

If you think wine glasses are complex, see my collection of beer glasses ;)

Beer boots, glasses for Hefe, Weizen, Alt, Bock, Eis, Radler, Met, ...

Our area was even more civilized wood land with no grain or grape fields. Fruits trees and therefor fruit wine - with another sort of glasses

Of cause the roles were switched if you were on the way bigger other side of the ancient wall. The germans were the barbarians and the forest germans were even by the agriculture using germans considered barbarians. It changed in the midage when the woodland germans could support themself without need to trade with others except for horses and for workers to build castles.

If you have time you can read about my area. Metal and wood working, agriculture, .. all fitted together here. Today it would be called climate neutral while very effective. Chop only as much trees for char coal and heating as grows in a year.

The Historical Hauberg

• Like! 1
On 1/23/2022 at 4:14 PM, Androdion said:

Funny thing about the shape of the glasses and the aromas being lifted to your nose, that's why the "official" scotch glass is a Glencairn. :D

IMG_6936.jpg

First time i saw this, i can see how the mechanics work on getting an intensified plume up to our nostrils :lol:  Every time I visit one of my uncle's and aunts they always want us to try their scotch and Uncle only serves it in more traditional shapes, I think I know what to get him for birthday or christmas this year :christmastree: 

This Chrstmas actually we were visiting friends and the hostess manages a glass blowing shop in merrickville that her husband used to show his woodwares in
https://grayartglass.com/
...the shop is beautiful and they gave out these beautiful glasses for whiskey this year, I got a strange one, must have been a return :lol: but my cousin got this stunning beauty:

https://grayartglass.com/collections/glassware/products/dip-glasses?variant=39441434181805

IMG_6937.jpg

On 1/24/2022 at 4:55 AM, chattius said:

You know that Schott Zwiesel is a great maker of wine glasses here ?

https://www.zwiesel-glas.com/shop/weinglaeser/rotweinglaeser/burgunder-rotweinglas-fine

Another reason or side effect why some glasses narrow to the top is: Letting the wine rotate in the glas without swapping out for a quicker oxydation. The rotating also lifts the taste quicker to the nose.

Anyone remember the Romans? They build a wall through Germany (limes). The barbaric roman site was and is wine land. The civilized germanic side was and is beer land.

If you think wine glasses are complex, see my collection of beer glasses ;)

Beer boots, glasses for Hefe, Weizen, Alt, Bock, Eis, Radler, Met, ...

Our area was even more civilized wood land with no grain or grape fields. Fruits trees and therefor fruit wine - with another sort of glasses

Of cause the roles were switched if you were on the way bigger other side of the ancient wall. The germans were the barbarians and the forest germans were even by the agriculture using germans considered barbarians. It changed in the midage when the woodland germans could support themself without need to trade with others except for horses and for workers to build castles.

If you have time you can read about my area. Metal and wood working, agriculture, .. all fitted together here. Today it would be called climate neutral while very effective. Chop only as much trees for char coal and heating as grows in a year.

The Historical Hauberg

I would love to! Do you have pix of the collection ?

:drunkards:

gogo

42 minutes ago, Androdion said:

That's a damn good looking tumbler!

I'm a sucker for tumblers, ha ha. I very much prefer their balance, though I haven't really had the opportunity to try a "real" Glencairn live.

It is good looking!! He doesnt even really drink...aieeeeeeeeeeee 

They only gave him one though, so looks like well have to save up for at least another one or three more for a gift

:lol:

gogo