The Related Word Game - 2017!

honey -> door

With global exchange of goods there are now a lot of parasites from all over the world in beehives. As a plan B I have some humblebees for the early in year blossoms of fruit trees.

Humblebees are quite strong and so you can attach a light plastic door atthe entrance of their nest. Humblebees can open it, wax-moths not. Wish there would be such a simple solution for bees too.

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

beekeeper => beholder

(Beauty is in the eye of the bee holder. Am I right?)

:agreed:

No, forget the eyes - The way through a man's heart goes through his stomach. :theuns:

Girls invest thousands of Euros a year in beauty. A cooking class would be so much cheaper and lasts a lifetime (*)

(*) sponsored by a former classmate who offers such classes in his restaurant

beholder -> gourmet

• Haha 1

gourmet -> Tray Bake

they keep sending us food... aand... we got this cool thing called a 'tray bake"  to do.. meatballs, roasted potatoe wedges, bbq sauce, pears (whaaa!) and squash...not bad eh?

IMG_8227-EDIT.jpg

tray bake -> field kitchen

Today we have state elections. Our firefighting building is a voting location. We make a Steckrübeneintopf (rutabaga one pot) with the field kitchen to attract more voters and to feed the people who control the voting.

typical autumn recipe

potato diced, yellow/orange rutabaga diced, really fine cut autumn fruits, rubbed horse radish, cured pork, vegs, spices

before serving the cured pork is cut in dices and placed on the plates

curing pork was a way to make it last in a time before cooling. Often people had still some reserves of pured pork when next slaughtering was done

With this recipe it was used up

eintopf-steckrueben-mit-kasseler-rezept.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

tray bake -> field kitchen

Today we have state elections. Our firefighting building is a voting location. We make a Steckrübeneintopf (rutabaga one pot) with the field kitchen to attract more voters and to feed the people who control the voting.

typical autumn recipe

potato diced, yellow/orange rutabaga diced, really fine cut autumn fruits, rubbed horse radish, cured pork, vegs, spices

before serving the cured pork is cut in dices and placed on the plates

curing pork was a way to make it last in a time before cooling. Often people had still some reserves of pured pork when next slaughtering was done

With this recipe it was used up

eintopf-steckrueben-mit-kasseler-rezept.

field kitchen ->speedy

I was waiting for some of your autumn recipes to come on hand, Chattius.. its only Autumn when the good food is here!

:dance2:

gogo

gogo

Robin Hood -> Schinderhannes

Around the Lahn River where I grew up you often find metal plates attached on trees which mark the walking route through the area the german Robin Hood, the Schinderhannes, did his crimes.

In 1832, Leitch Ritchie wrote the novel Schinderhannes: the Robber of the Rhine based on the life of the outlaw.[3] Guillaume Apollinaire dedicated a poem to him in his collection Alcools (1913). He has been known as the German Robin Hood and his story romanticised by a Carl Zuckmayer play Schinderhannes and several films including The Prince of Rogues (1928) in which he is played by Hans Stüwe.[

Wanderwegweiser_Schinderhannes.jpg

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, chattius said:

Robin Hood -> Schinderhannes

Around the Lahn River where I grew up you often find metal plates attached on trees which mark the walking route through the area the german Robin Hood, the Schinderhannes, did his crimes.

Wanderwegweiser_Schinderhannes.jpg

oooh German Robin Hood.. International star ^^

Schinderhannes -> Old Montreal

This is where Schot's work is when he has to go into office, we had some family down for the day and just sat back and watched boats at the port

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

On 10/11/2023 at 6:01 AM, chattius said:

Old Montreal -> Old Town of Wetzlar

The first picture ever taken with a Leica, build just a few metres away. The house is the centre was newly build 1599.

1914_Oskar_Barnack_Wetzlar_Eisenmarkt.jp

I love this pic!

Old Town of Wetzlar -> Shakespearean English

k... dunno where that came from...but ..yer just gonna have to deal with it 

:D

gogo

Shakespearean English -> Minnesang

Lovesongs performed by knights who travelled from castle to castle. Because they needed the people to understand their songs they started the first attempt for a unified German language.

I had to write a semester work about Vogelweide. Most of his songs remained only in fragments. Only his song about the fourth crusade remained with melody and text.

394px-Codex_Manesse_Walther_von_der_Voge

peas in a pod -> bean sack

My wife is an identical twin and they used to make jokes out of it. I got used to throw a bean sack - if catched with the left it was my nowadays wife, if with the right it was her sister. The main use of bean sacks is now for making animal photos.

kalahari-bohnenbeutel-stativ-26x205cm-bo

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, chattius said:

peas in a pod -> bean sack

My wife is an identical twin and they used to make jokes out of it. I got used to throw a bean sack - if catched with the left it was my nowadays wife, if with the right it was her sister. The main use of bean sacks is now for making animal photos.

kalahari-bohnenbeutel-stativ-26x205cm-bo

bean sack -> bean stalk

:D

gogo