The Related Word Game - 2017!

CCI -> Camping

Our oldest did a one year trip through Europe studying forests. We bought her a Volkswagen Caddy Maxy Tramper 2.0TDi 4motion - name bigger than the mini van. She still uses the car when working mid in forests for some days. On the trip she had a Camping Card International (CCI).

Time goes by, now she has three kids.

76b6239ab3d59e8abf27801967772898_XL.jpg

• Appreciation 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

CCI -> Camping

Our oldest did a one year trip through Europe studying forests. We bought her a Volkswagen Caddy Maxy Tramper 2.0TDi 4motion - name bigger than the mini van. She still uses the car when working mid in forests for some days. On the trip she had a Camping Card International (CCI).

Time goes by, now she has three kids.

76b6239ab3d59e8abf27801967772898_XL.jpg

Gosh... Chattius I remember you talking about your twins when they were kids... time IS going by.. DarkMatters is in a TimeWarp!

:heart:

gogo

ps. camping -> breathing

:D

gogo

scuba -> Rettungsschwimmabzeichen

German rescue swimming badge. Everyone in family has it. The twins in bronze (need 14 years old), our third in silver (need 16 years old), the rest has gold. I have also a rescue diver certification with a special in drift diving.

Many small ponds, artificial lakes and small rivelets. But at heavy rain the rivelets may turn into monsters.

But before jumping into water: Most used by me is a Rettungsball / rescue-ball: 7 times (2 undercurrent, 3 drifting in a flood rivelt, 2 breaking into ice).  Mine is like a basketball in a net attached to a long rope and always in car. As a former goalie I can throw or kick it up to 30 metres with enough accuracy.  But this is the normal distance for it:

Rettungsschwimmabzeichen -> Eagle Scout rank

What is the hardest badge to get in Scout?

It's a tough award to earn, with only 4% of all Boy Scouts reaching Eagle Scout rank. Potentially even more demanding than the Eagle Scout award, and certainly rarer, is the Hornaday award. 

:)

gogo

Eagle Scout rank -> Landjugend / 4-H

I was only a cub the one year I was at scouts. We moved a lot and villages nearly never had scouts. In a small village people know each other and help each other. Don't need to be a scout. Kids often join youth volunteer firefighters or the Landjugend, comparable to the USA 4-H.

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, chattius said:

Eagle Scout rank -> Landjugend / 4-H

I was only a cub the one year I was at scouts. We moved a lot and villages nearly never had scouts. In a small village people know each other and help each other. Don't need to be a scout. Kids often join youth volunteer firefighters or the Landjugend, comparable to the USA 4-H.

4h -> 3d

gogo

7 hours ago, chattius said:

3D -> kungfu dryad

I said our oldest daughter would get a 3D Spacemouse if they would win a Sacred2 Niob weaponless challenge: see kunggfu dryads.

kungfu dryad -> The Guide

and... here it is ...the guide that started it all

Kung Fu Dryad Guide

:bounce:

gogo

The Guide -> Douglas Adams

He wrote 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' and my alltime favourite book 'Last chance to see' -bought 37 times, 35 as a gift and the original english and the german translated one for me.

“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.”
― Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

“We are not an endangered species ourselves yet, but this is not for lack of trying.”
― Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Book-LastChancetoSee-DouglasAdams01edit.

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, chattius said:

The Guide -> Douglas Adams

He wrote 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' and my alltime favourite book 'Last chance to see' -bought 37 times, 35 as a gift and the original english and the german translated one for me.

Book-LastChancetoSee-DouglasAdams01edit.

re last chance to see .. sold! was looking for something new :D 

Douglas Adams  -> Writer

:)

gogo

writer -> Autorenlesung / public reading by a book writer himself

9 houses away from my mom's birth house and now home of my brother in Wetzlar is Europe's biggest library for SciFi and Fantasy. Every two months there was and is a public reading from author's with some time to ask them.

Once I was visiting mom and early taking place in first row. Next to me was an old lady and we talked a bit about the old city of Wetzlar. Then the library runner spoke and introduced the lady at my side: Anne McCaffrey

library_logo.php

phantastische-bibliothek.jpg?w=1200&h=12

34480989._SY540_.jpg

Where my mom abd brother lives and what we talked about.

Wetzlar_Kornmarkt.jpg

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, chattius said:

Autorenlesung / public reading by a book writer himself -> Stephen King

whaaaaaa... a library for JUST sci fi fantasty!!

gogo

library_logo.php

phantastische-bibliothek.jpg?w=1200&h=12

34480989._SY540_.jpg

Where my mom abd brother lives and what we talked about.

Wetzlar_Kornmarkt.jpg

Burger King -> Ungebildetheit / the state of being uneducated

Wienerwald was one of the biggest chains of fastfood restaurants, well until they did restaurants in america. People there knew only Wiener as sausages but Wienerwald was selling fried chicken. Very tasty chicken as I remember from my youth. But it seemed nobody went into the restaurants in america so the company went into bankrupty.

willkommen-im-wienerwald.jpg

10 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Aladdin => lamp

:schot:

lamp -> lampedusa

dunno why but that word jumped into my head!

i looked up it up... islands? wasnt he some kind of writer as well... faint memories..

:heat:

gogo

7 hours ago, gogoblender said:

lamp -> lampedusa

dunno why but that word jumped into my head!

I looked up it up... islands? wasnt he some kind of writer as well... faint memories..

:heat:

gogo

Yes he wrote a single book: The Leopard

Lampedusa -> Seelenverkäufer / Seller of Souls

Lampedusa is an island in the mediterran now known because it is overrun by migrants  They arrive there by rotten ships which areN't seaworthy at all. Ships which aren't seaworthy but on sea are called seller of souks in German. In former times these ships had high insurances and were sinking to get them. Now the ships are written up and used by people who earn a lot of money from migrants to bring them to Europe,

4891b87d-d063-4359-9533-be2897b5d54a.jpe

migrants-rescue-off-49435691-jpg-100-192

@chattius I remember that book now! I dont know who brought it over, but it was lying on a coffee table somewhere in the house for a while.. i was too young so the cover pic looking appealing but was too young to really understand or appreciate it

Soul Sister -> Boogie

gogo