The Related Word Game - 2017!

family games -> dining room table

Biggest table in house. Made by grandgrandpa from massive oak. 90 years old. 240cm*120cm. A friend offered 4000€ for it for a furniture museum. But too much family memories to even consider it. Grandgrandpa died when I was 2, my older sister remembers him. He was a Meistertischler (trained carpenter, furniture maker who is allowed to teach apprentices)

He did his first apprentice year at an airplane company. He got a flying license when he was 16 in WW1. He had to final test fly before a plane left factory to be send to frontier. All his requests to become a fighter pilot were luckily denied- age and test flying to detect assembling failures more important.

Average survival time were 11 hours combat flying then. What a luck he was too young. I would have missed me when not born. 

• Like! 1

legend -> 57metre goal

I managed to do 7 goals as a soccer goalie at school team. 6 were penalties but one was from 57 metres. Corner ball a minute before end, whole field players far in opposite half. Me as a goalie was just few metres behind the middle line as a sort of savety. The opposite goalie caught the corner ball and did a wide kick in empty room so his fast attackers could outrun our defense. I managed to be first at the place the ball came down and I hammered it away before it hit the ground - under pressure from the attackers. Same moment I turned and run back to my goal because it was empty. And suddenly there was a cry, the other goalie was too far from his goal and couldn't get my shot- which wasn't aimed at all. There is still a photo at my former school, me running back without seeing my legendary goal and my team celebrating. The only field goal I did as a goalie and it was the semi-final.

soccer_drill_image21.gif

• Respect! 1

championship -> Modern Pentathlon

I tried a lot of different sports when a virus disease in growing phase made my legs grewing too short. Long arms and short legs, swimming was an option. We lived then at a place with a very good shooting club, tried it too. Hated running, but as a goalie I was not too bad. Uncle had a horse farm and l learned riding quite early. Cousine was fencing state team and I trained a bit with her to counter lefthanded long arm opponents. She said I should try pentathlon, not real good in anything. Worked when I was 15, second in state. Butgetting older I lost too much points running. Just goalie in soccer, handball, field hockey -  whatever the place we moved too offered.

olympics -> wrestling

Chris Taylore vs Wilfried Dietrich at 1972 olympics

At an interview Dietrich hugged Taylor friendly. But he just wanted to check if he would have long enough arms for a throw. Result one of the best wrestling photos ever.

234px-Chris_Taylor_and_Wilfried_Dietrich

w1189_h1200_x594_y599_GA_88987997_209549

Chris_Taylor_vs_Wilfried_Dietrich_1972b.

painful truth -> getting old

Lightweight babys can crawl on LEGO blocks without pain it seems. But it is hard work to keep them from putting Lego into the mouth.

Grey hair, my son is faster in swimming than me, playing parents vs kids at school soccer and needing a week to recover (goalie and having to jump), luckily no need for the blue ones yet, ...

• Appreciation 1
8 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Seraphim => High Elf

My favorite! Properly Built and Modified and augmented with the right jewelry, she can be extremely devastating! :hooyaah:

High elf -> ice shards

her most devastating spell in the arsenal 

🤠

gogo

1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

Secret Recipe => My Rib Rub

:theuns:

Dang, Steve, they must be gooooooohoooooood!

my rib rub -> Salt, pepper, Garlic powder... 

IM seeing that trio used a lot.. simple stuff but poten?

:)

gogo

Rommel, since it's the Yuletide, I'll share a few of the other "special" spices in my rub... but, just for you. Everyone else, look away. :3lmao:

Salt, pepper, Garlic powder... => Ground Mustard, Cumin, Curry, Smoked Paprika, Celery Salt, and Cayenne. :hooyaah:

That should get you some inspired, positive comments and a modicum of admiration. (Just don't forget to slow-cook the selected choice cuts (wrapped in aluminum foil or butcher paper) in a smoker at approximately 70°C for a minimum of three hours. (An oven will have to suffice in a pinch.)

:singsanta:

• Respect! 1

Ground Mustard, Cumin, Curry, Smoked Paprika, Celery Salt, and Cayenne -> rutabaga

Potato, rutabaga, carots cut in cubes. Add water (if a wanting a soup, no for a stew) pepper, no salt. We lay cured pork in it which has enough salt. All slowly boiled in the field kitchen. Parsley before serving. Nice food at this cold, rain and stormy weather. Enough for most of the village which helps to decorate the church for x-mas and new year.

kohlrueben-steckrueben-oder-wrukeneintop

• Appreciation 1
15 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Rommel, since it's the Yuletide, I'll share a few of the other "special" spices in my rub... but, just for you. Everyone else, look away. :3lmao:

Salt, pepper, Garlic powder... => Ground Mustard, Cumin, Curry, Smoked Paprika, Celery Salt, and Cayenne. :hooyaah:

That should get you some inspired, positive comments and a modicum of admiration. (Just don't forget to slow-cook the selected choice cuts (wrapped in aluminum foil or butcher paper) in a smoker at approximately 70°C for a minimum of three hours. (An oven will have to suffice in a pinch.)

:singsanta:

Released! with a fair warning to on lookers to avert your eyes or forever hold yee tongue!! argh...ahhh, Steve, for the love of a BBQ... we love our apartment in the city but it never came with the balcony... we,ve been suffering for years now, but... I'm going to imagine how good an act of ort like yours tastes and it will have to suffice me through these dark wintery months... dont have a pic anywhere of your beauty eh?

curry, really?
:D

gogo

2 hours ago, chattius said:

Ground Mustard, Cumin, Curry, Smoked Paprika, Celery Salt, and Cayenne -> rutabaga

Potato, rutabaga, carots cut in cubes. Add water (if a wanting a soup, no for a stew) pepper, no salt. We lay cured pork in it which has enough salt. All slowly boiled in the field kitchen. Parsley before serving. Nice food at this cold, rain and stormy weather. Enough for most of the village which helps to decorate the church for x-mas and new year.

kohlrueben-steckrueben-oder-wrukeneintop

I'm coming to visit friend... gonna eat up all the rutabaga on hand ... incoming!

:4rofl:

rutabaga -> delicious

:)

gogo