The Related Word Game - 2017!

superman --> Philipp Reis

Sadly died too early 150 years ago aged 40. He invented an early telephon and created its name. Died before he could do refinements Bell knew his work

Much like the first motorized flight in 1901 by Weißkopf. If money (Wright company) is involved history is rewritten.

futurist and prolific genius -> Artur Fischer

Probably the inventor who had the most impact on my life. Best known the wall plug (near weekly use), metal implants after bone fractures (being a goalie was dangerous), synchronized flash for cameras (all these family photos), and .... most important for me fischertechnik which allowed kids to build nice technical stuff, way better than LEGO.

a plotter / scanner I had it on an Applie IIGS to plot math formulas for school

39460.JPG&shop=81299411

pneumatics

fischertechnik-strong-pneumatics.jpg43205_2021_132_Fig3_HTML.png

320px-Pluggen_4-14_mm.png

• Appreciation 1
3 hours ago, chattius said:

futurist and prolific genius -> Artur Fischer

Probably the inventor who had the most impact on my life. Best known the wall plug (near weekly use), metal implants after bone fractures (being a goalie was dangerous), synchronized flash for cameras (all these family photos), and .... most important for me fischertechnik which allowed kids to build nice technical stuff, way better than LEGO.

a plotter / scanner I had it on an Applie IIGS to plot math formulas for school

39460.JPG&shop=81299411

pneumatics

fischertechnik-strong-pneumatics.jpg43205_2021_132_Fig3_HTML.png

320px-Pluggen_4-14_mm.png

Artur Fischer [>Fisher price

awwww, we always wanted these toys ...seems like they were only for the rich kids across the street

:eek:

gogo

Fisher Price => Price Pfister (now called Pfister) producer of bathroom fixtures, faucets...

:JC-tumbleweed:

Price Pfister > Hansgrohe

One of their products is Bora. It is a kitchen air filter build into the oven. Advantage is that there is nothing above the pots or your head. Also a german professional cycling team is named after it.

csm_bora.com_Produktlinienseite_S_Pure_H

hersteller-hansgrohe-showerselect-thermo

1674845062_1_max.jpg

11 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

meme = "Mi mi mi mi mi mi miiiiii..." (what the narcissistic opera singer said) 

:3lmao:

Think it were the Muppets :music:

Mi mi mi mi mi mi miiiiii... -> noise cancelling headphones

Our third visits an art school specialized Zither and instrument building. On the same floor are 4 students in opera...

noise cancelling headphones -> Sleep

Our upstairs neighbour wears noise cancelling headphones when she sleeps.

sleep => vital :agreed:

Sleep is vital! What crazy loud thangs you rambunctious boyz doing down there so the girl can't sleep!?:moil:

Vital -> urgent

If only it was us. She has ADHD and is on the autism spectrum so evn her own cats meowing wakes her up. The way she describes it is that she is super sensitive ti sound.

xenophobia -> feather duster

There was a time when xenos meant not only stranger or enemy but also guest. So Xenophobia could be the fear that guests (parents in law) could consider yout house dirty. So befor they visit you do a total cleaning of the house. Luckily our house has a sign at the entrance:

Our home is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy!