The Related Word Game - 2017!

delicious => melt in your mouth brisket :drool:

I have one that's been cooking for over three hours now; it should be ready in just a few more.

Life is good! :hooyaah:

:connie_xmas-moose: :christmastree:

• Appreciation 1
4 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

delicious => melt in your mouth brisket :drool:

I have one that's been cooking for over three hours now; it should be ready in just a few more.

Life is good! :hooyaah:

:connie_xmas-moose: :christmastree:

melt in your mouth brisket -> BBQ

Cant imagine what the weather must be like there... happy BBQ and almost Christmas eve!

:)

gogo

• Appreciation 1

BBQ => leftovers! :agreed:

It's warm here in Texas. Tomorrow, it might get close to freezing on Christmas night. :connie_xmas-moose:

I'm enjoying time at home with family watching movies and creating things in the kitchen. :ded_snegurochka:

Santa will be here soon! :christmastree:

:singsanta:

• Appreciation 1

leftovers -> Mettbrötchen

a6dBxL2_700bwp_v1.webp

We usually do a big party into the new year with neighbour firefighters on a hill mid between the villages. Lot of Mettbrötchen, sausages, sour bread, ...

Adding vinegar and spices the leftovers will make a good soup, warming while doing the cleanup after the party.

• Like! 1

mince -> Brätknödelsuppe

A soup with dumplings from Brät and some soup pearls. Brät is really fine cut pork, way finer than mince. Normally used for sausages like lyoner.

614px-Br%C3%A4tkn%C3%B6delsuppe.jpg

• Like! 1

sauna -> whirlpool

House is under cultural heritage so I  can't build one into the house or the old barn. Was building another sauna - smaller but with a whirlpool - outside from do it yourself kits. Last Fassssauna/barrel sauna was put on a trailer and sold without loss.

Fasssauna-mit-Glasfaser-Whirlpool-2.jpg

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

disconcerting  -> mother nature

cmon... really... is that for real:)

:oooo:

gogo

The bows showing towards the vortex? I would exspect the ships to steer away.

mother nature -> dating

In summer breaks my family was at nearby lake for swimming. We watched some girls who were at the opponent shore obviously not aware of the under current there. They weren't reacting to shouts so my son and me were swimming to warn them. He was fast as a torpedo. When he visited the new school after breaks one of the girls was in his new class...

The undercurrent in our case is caused by a very cold rivelet running into the lake where the stone shore ls in hot midday sun The bestplace for sunbathing is where the rivelet enters, but it is also the most dangerous for swimming.

• Like! 1

dating => game

:JC_PacMan:

23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

disconcerting  -> mother nature

cmon... really... is that for real:)

:oooo:

gogo

The picture in the video is a fabrication. However, the video includes actual videos of real whirlpools. One is a huge and regularly occurring aquatic vortex which regularly appears off the coast of Norway. It is capable of swallowing full-size boats.

:agreed:

• zomgod! 1

monopoly -> bad loser

Told the kids to show no merci when playing against bad losers (Leaving the room, crying, mainly kids without siblings, ...) But why should my kids don't play as best as they can? If someone is not experienced with a strategy game they play slowly and give hints. But a game like Mensch ärgere dich nicht (Heh, don't get angry) which is luck with dices, noone should be aggressive when losing, it is just luck.

597px-Mensch%C3%84rgereDichNicht_Germany

acceptance => Risk*

:hooyaah:

(If one takes a risk, one needs to prepare to accept the consequences.)

*Risk is one game that certainly can bring out the "bad loser" in a person.

• Haha 1
On 12/29/2023 at 5:33 PM, Hooyaah said:

acceptance => Risk*

:hooyaah:

(If one takes a risk, one needs to prepare to accept the consequences.)

*Risk is one game that certainly can bring out the "bad loser" in a person.

Thats true regarding its ability to push buttons... no other game I,ve ever seen can bring out that screaming... and not just you're normal family yelling ... were talking screeches of the Appocalypse!

:scare2:

gogo

risk -> mother

Mothers are so dangerous. When I was 11 I visited a school mid in farmlands. In biology classes we learned about farm animals: don#t approach a cow with a newborn, she will attack, a horse tries to run, a donkey rather attacks, a goat attacks, a sheep will try to block, geese strike with wings may break an arm, ...

We have 20 goats to keep bushes low. They have 5 newborns, And famílies with kids walk there to watch them. Some are so stupid and enter the fence to get closer...

il_300x300.2429603083_ez3v.jpg

• Like! 1
On 1/2/2024 at 9:34 AM, chattius said:

risk -> mother

Mothers are so dangerous. When I was 11 I visited a school mid in farmlands. In biology classes we learned about farm animals: don#t approach a cow with a newborn, she will attack, a horse tries to run, a donkey rather attacks, a goat attacks, a sheep will try to block, geese strike with wings may break an arm, ...

We have 20 goats to keep bushes low. They have 5 newborns, And famílies with kids walk there to watch them. Some are so stupid and enter the fence to get closer...

il_300x300.2429603083_ez3v.jpg

mother -> instinct

:)

gogo

instinct -> Hindenburg

The Doehner family was on the Hindenburg. Mother instinct let them act quicker and reduces pain...

Suddenly the air was on fire,' Doehner said.

'We were close to a window, and my mother took my brother and threw him out. She grabbed me and fell back and then threw me out,' he said.

'She tried to get my sister, but she was too heavy, and my mother decided to get out by the time the zeppelin was nearly on the ground.'

'I remember lying on the ground, and my brother told me to get up and to get out of there.' Their mother joined them and asked a steward to get her daughter, whom he carried out of the burning wreckage.

No doc understood how the mother could reach her boys after the jump, broken hip, badly burned,...

23-87088714-23-87088715-1488458620.png

Hindenburg => Led Zeppelin :crazy_pilot:

They used this iconic photo for their debut Album cover in 1969

Hindenburg_disaster.jpg.

Guitar -> Zither

The main reason that everyone in my family canplay an acoustic guitar is campfires. When our third was four I bought a very ruined zither for learning. My brother on visit recognized it as a very rare old orchestra zither and convinced me to pay 600 Euro for restoration. The fun part is thati paid only 100 at a garage sale. Auctions are around 5000 Euro for one in good shape.

Our third prefers the Zither over a guitar at campfires, parties, ... She is really good on the electric zither.