Food ideas for gamers...no fuss stuff;)

erialc

• 3 months later...

Potato Bake:

1)take several potatos

2)Boil

3)check every 5-10 mins until you find they are ready

4)mash

5)add seasonings herbs pieces of onion and tomato and such don't ferget the milk! B)

6) put in oven dish

7) cook at gas mark 6 for about 15-20 mins

8) eat /devil

im doing this from memory so the times might be a bit wrong still give it a go its easy enough

/devil

~Doom

Guest gogoblender
Aurora...The moyo dressing thingy I make is a bit Random...but I'll try to remember what I put in it...it's a bit of a 'whats to hand' dressing.....

Mayo ;)

White Wine Vinegar

Chilli flakes..I found some stuff called Piri Piri Seasoning and thats sooo yummy in mayo (lots unless fresh chillis then lots of them chopped up into tiny bits)

crushed garlic

loads of salt n pepper

Paprika ( I am addicted to parprika :shocked: )

A squeeze of lime of lemon juice...(I like it sharp)

A few spring onions....

Thats about it really....I love it poured all over fresh raw veggies and parma ham in chunks not those feeble slices you can buy.

lol pretty much you can add anything thats to hand...I like mine sharp and hot yum :)

Damn, Claire yer great at describing food!

Sharp and hot...yum>?

Aurora, quick...send me over some of that dressing ifyou got any left!

And Tim...boilin potatoes takes soooooooo long

I nuke em hard first THEN bake em!

:o

gogo

• 5 months later...

HEY ALL

had to jump in here.....not only do I sling a mean arrow (ask GoGo) lol....but I can cook too LOL

some fav's of mine and Moonwatchers

Egg rolls (perfect finger food)

I make a large batch and freeze leftovers to heat and eat at any given time

egg roll wraps

egg whites for sealing the edges of the wraps

5 pounds of hamburger

1 large head of cabbage

1 pound of peeled baby carrots

6 green onions

soy sauce to taste

brown hamburger meat and drain, shred cabbage (fine) in food processor, shred carrots, chop green onions finely (green ends also) mix altogether in large bowl add soy sauce till mixture starts to stick together (don't worry about getting to much as you can put mixture in a colander and drain excess)

beat egg whites slightly then take the wraps and coat 3 edges with egg white, spoon about 3 teaspoons full of mixture onto the wrap diagonally, bring up uncoated edge to cover bring 2 side edges over and then roll egg whites should seal the roll tight.

deap fry till crispy

homemade sweet and sour sauce

1/2 cup sugar

1/4 cup pineapple juice

1/4 cup white vinegar

1/4 cup water

2 tablespoons cornstarch

2 teaspoons soy sauce

red food coloring

multiply recipe as needed

mix all ingredients except cornstarch in a saucepan, bring to a boil stir in cornstarch (used to thicken)

reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes remove from heat and serve or refrigerate and use later.

Cheese ball

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese

3 green onions

1 teaspoon Accent' flavor inhancer

2 tablespoons Whorstershire sauce

1 package finely shaved ham (small package) usually found near the cheese bags in the grocery stores

chop onions finely and slice ham into small bits mix altogether and let sit in fridge for about an hour for flavors to mix spread on crackers or celery makes a great snack and attack food

hope you enjoy

IGN Raevenn Moonstarre (Ranger Extrodinaire) :D .....LOL

:):D:drool:

Ooooh Great gaming snacks Stargazer :D

The Egg rolls sound the best to me :D Are they a lil like like spring rolls:) Or do I have the wrong idea? Do you buy the Egg Roll wraps at the supermarket or do you need to go to a specialty shop?

Oh and I have never thought of making my own sweet and sour - we always buy the stuff and its a little bit chemicular - bet yours is way bettah!!

YUMMO thanx for sharing!!

:)

Owah StarGazer I am drooling here! and I haven't even got past breakfast yet!...Like Aur I am wondering would you use those wonton skins for the wrapper? they do deep fry really nicely....

*runs off to ransack the kitchen....seems it'll be a cooking day today*

:D:):D

hey Aurora and erialc,

yes u can buy the wraps in a grocery store they are usually in the produce area. I hope you enjoy... I am gonna try some of your ideas too they sound yummy too..... :4rofl:

Stargazer

My fave food to pick at while I'm at the computer is fruit salad. I make a huge bowl and leave it in the fridge to be picked at whenever I feel the need. It's great in summer, refreshing, tasty and all the fruit is cheap :devil:

The one I currently have going is kiwi fruit, grapes, rock melon and watermelon, with lemon juice to stop it from going brown. If the fruit does start going brown, I chuck it all in the blender and make the best fruit juice ever :4rofl: