Where does your avatar come from

Cth

Edited by gogoblender:

The first few posts here were in the members picture thread and were just too good to be left without starting another great thread that I think will be lots of fun for others to post to. Chtulhu started it off great with an awesome avatar he brought online. Cheers!

I cant even find it looking though the post haha. Its not my fault, I spend all day working in the lab!

Guest gogoblender

heh...don'st spend too much time in that lab friend...cuz yer lack of avatar is also a great target fer our avatar wizzes here at the forum...if yah don't get one up soon...well...we'll just have to help out a brother clanmate huh...

*mwoohahahah*

:devil:

gogo

heh...don'st spend too much time in that lab friend...cuz yer lack of avatar is also a great target fer our avatar wizzes here at the forum...if yah don't get one up soon...well...we'll just have to help out a brother clanmate huh...

He beat us to it GoGO ;)

WOW Cthulhu...thats a really sweet Av you got there! Where is it from?

I swiped it from deviant art and cut it down to size. Pretty great art/photography site if you're interested! I host pics with flickr, but I'm considering getting a deviant art account since I just got a new digital camera. Somebody must be interested in pictures of fossils, skeletons and disected creatures from my lab :P

Oooh we are...feel free to add em to the Creatrix area Cthulhu...can't wait to see 'em :)...I love Diviant Art but I'm a broswer not done anything worth adding lol

Actually maybe you can help with my search for a particular word...lol...and forgive my rubbish explaination of the word I'm looking for...In Photography there is a term which describes where you see, say for example, a face on a rock or in a tree or some such...but I can't for the life of me remember what it is called. Any ideas?

Sounds like a personification, but I'm not sure if that term applies to photography. Since you're interested I'll put up some of the biology / paleontology pictures shortly. I got some really neat ones in the last few days, including the biggest turtle skull you'll ever see in your life! The turtle apparently weighed anywhere from 1000-1600 lbs... yikes (atlantic leatherback)

Guest gogoblender

hey guys!

lol, this question has always intrigued me.

I love looking at what people post as a representation of their online presence. It's telling, fun, and sometimes absolutely hysterical!

Mine actually is a re-make of a sunburst I'd gotten from google. I really like the sunbust ideology. And have tried, through posting to attempt to bring some sort of levity and light to posts and information. Yes I know that sometimes life is crummy. But when I post I want to find ways of seeing the glass as half-full rather than half-empty. This sort of take on life represented through posting is good practice for me and tends to keep me in a good mood.

My avatar has been redone for me many times by a lot of friends that I've met online through gaming or posting. And the current one was given to me as a gift from a friend from the SIF called Nexusis. lol, I have no idea how he animated the lights...but the moment I saw it I was just absolultely thrilled.

so...got any good stories to tell about yours?

Cheers!

:)

gogo

Well after a couple of avatar changes on SIF I was looking for an av I thought I'd like to keep. This one was given to me by Ballock on sif and he added the border and adjusted it slightly. I don't know there's just something tranquil I love about it.

Cheers Ballock :wuv:

Cyclops, yep you got it about the rping ;) Actually the name / avatar are from H.P Lovecraft's "Call of Cthulhu" a horror short story. Its a bit of a cult classic, and I think theres a new video game based on it coming out soon. I think mind flayers were based on it as well, but they had to change the name because of copyrights or some such probably.

Guest gogoblender

Ahhhh, mind flayers...they rock!

I was and still am a HUGE fan of the drizzst series...and the amazing imagery of the mind flayers was all throught that that absolutely fascinating series by Salvatore.

NIce avatar and story cthulhu!

And jun...cool that you based yer avatar on the relation to you wearing glasses!

Heh...Erialc that avatar is totally you...Ballock knew what he was doin when he worked on it. NIce prezzie from him!

gogo

Ok, I give up. I just assumed that you guys would have noticed the name of the game from the forum name (top of the page: Atari Forums > Games ->Master Of Orion III )...

It's Master of Orion (3 in this case).

First there was Civilization.

Then there was MOO1.

Then there was MOM (Master of Magic - MOO with spells & orcs & stuff).

Then there was MOO2 (different to MOO1, most people liked one of them & not the other I quite liked both, for different reasons).

Then there was MOO3, which was somewhat disappointing.

:(

My avatar comes from a wallpaper made after the cover of Manowar's album "The Dawn of Battle".

wallpapertdob12804cf.th.jpg

I edited it myself while constantly asking gogo for feedback, the part with adding the text was the hardest. Took a lot of tries to find the best format for it. This was the end result:

achilleslarge5td.th.jpg

Guest gogoblender

hahah.yeah I rembmer when we did that!

lol, though it was schot behind me back that was calling out suggestions too.

hey it turned out good huh

+++

gogo