What is your Favorite Kitchen Appliance and Why

erialc

Mine has to be my coffee machine....why?....because I can make lots of different types of coffees plus froth my milk for a big cappucino...to making an ickle espresso....and I can't live without my coffee;)

Whats yours?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gogoblender

heh, does a frypan count?

I just love my frypan. It was given to me by an ex girlfriend with a ton of creuset pots (man those things rock!). It's a shiney metal pan, no non-stick stuff or anything. Seems to weigh as much as a fridge and can cook anything to perfection wonderfully. It's made by a company called Lagostina and I've always heard that the more heavier yer cookware is the better it is. The heaviness of the metal I think retains the heat and makes cooking possible via slow cooking and the pan never curves or warps. Course...it's also wicked fer fast fries like eggs or stirs...and is so deep I can cook an entire spaghetti sauce in it!

Yeah it's not a plug-in appliance...but it's probably my favorite thing in the kitchen...with the coffee maker comin in a close second of course.

My little darling

:wuv:

gogo

If pots and pans count than I'll go for my wok, its great! Nothing ever sticks to a wok, and you can cook things really quickly. If it has to be a real appliance.. hmm thats a toughy. How about the stove, without it I could never make anything hah

• 3 months later...

oh right!

I just remember lol I am very used to the rice cooker- so important that I consider it to be part of me lol

it's a very nice japanese rice cooker- so it's non stick-easy to clean :(

I love our Sandwich Press/Grilly thing...

You can close it and make the best foccacias - my fave being chicken cheese and avocado... /drool

Or you can leave it open and grill stuff on it....

Its awesome, heats up so quickly and is so easy to clean.... :)

Guest gogoblender

Those thingies rocks

pressed sandwiches are the big thing here in montreal.

I'm startin ta love my microwave

nothing beats it for warming up day-old delivery chinese

which is mostly what I eat

/rolleyes

gogo

I used to love my juicer, but I used it so much that it burnt out.

I also had a sandwich presser thing... but that caught fire.

I want a Magic Bullet... but it may explode. /shok

Guest gogoblender

juicers are so cool

I used to use my grandmothers one

but...it was kinda weird...it would grate up all the pulp and turn it into juice as well

thick and soupy

weird

:o

gogo

:o Juicers! omg my Mom has one of those...it's scary...I hate fruit...really really hate the stuff...I know it's healthy and all that but since forever it has just made me physically ill...and I go to mo's house and her new craze is these thick fruit drinks....*shudders*...and even now she says...'Go on just try it'

/oooo

Give me a coffee machine anyday!

I used to love my juicer, but I used it so much that it burnt out.

I also had a sandwich presser thing... but that caught fire.

I want a Magic Bullet... but it may explode. /shok

I love juicers- I love freshly made carrot juice - too bad the juice they sell at the supermarket taste bad :)

I have to say it would be my stove/oven. I couldnt live without it seeing as Icook with it so much. Other then HArd Appliances, Id have to give it up to my microwave. nothing better then getting that quick slice of leftover pinapple cheeze and pep pizza (like this morning) done in 15 seconds /rofl

Guest gogoblender

aya...

hurrah fer teh microwave

I use it to boil water for tea, rewarm coffee, pizza, chinese food ...and...and....

wait I almost never cook

so, yeah....

I love the microwave!

;)

gogo

hey...I think we all forgot the most important part of the kitchen

The corkscrew!

biggrin.gif

gogo

A kitchen isn't a kitchen without one!

:D