Thinking about it....

Aurora

I am seriously thinking about giving up O-game....

I will need a new game and GW sounds like a plan :whistle:

I just need some advice about which version (factions, prophecies or nightfall) exactly I should get....so I can play with you guys and what is a decent price to pay

I was looking around and found this site...Online Store

What do you think:) It says I can start playing straight away and that appeals....but I am not sure I couldnt actually find where to buy it or how would work exactly....

I found the game for between 50 and 70 AUS dollars on ebay is that reasonable?

Thanks Aur

:)

Oh that would be so cool Aurora :) Me and gogo have really been enjoying it. A little too much, hehe. :whistle: And have played with Tim several times as well as made numourous aqaintances, 2 of which I look forward to playing with on the weekend.

Presently most of us are in Nightfall and I'm really enjoying that one. I've really enjoyed all 3 actually but Nightfall is "where it's at" for now I think. Oh and you should see tha cool guild hall we got goin! :3lmao:

I got my Nightfall for $39 CAN plus taxes. I checked the exchange and found that $39 CAN is $45 AUD. I'm pretty sure I got it on special though. Oh and careful about what you buy. There is Nightfall the game and Nightfall the bonus "pre-release" package which doesn't come with an account key # to start playing. I almost bought the wrong one myself, heh. Tricky buggers.

Come play! All of you! :oooo:

Night fall is a good one, or you could get Prophecies and play them in order, but Nightfall is the easiest and funnest. *steals Aur away and spirits her to Guild Wars*

:whistle:

~Doom

Guest gogoblender

Wow, Aur...please come play with us!

Wooooooooo!

I'll start savin up stuff fer you right now

And...this is an awesome game... it's not like ogame where when you leave the game keeps on going.

This is a REAL game...it goes away when you wanna go to a bbq, hang with rl friends or whatever.

Waitin fer ya with open arms darlin!

:whistle:

gogo

Guest gogoblender

eek, Cyg have you messaged me in game?

lol, when I first started I had no clue as to how to operate the message center, lol and probably missed yer message if you did message me.

Next tie I'm on yer gettin a poke from me you!

:viking:

gogo

Oh boy Cyg. I really hope I didn't miss one of your attempts. I think we chatted once quite a long time ago though didn't we? I have to admit Guildwars was exceptionally disorienting when I first started playing, lol. When I first started playing the battles seemed so intensive and overwhelming what with having to keep track of my skill bar, enemy health, making sure to kill the enemy healers first and so on. Had my head spinning in circles, hehehe. Was fun tho that's for sure. I missed a LOT of messages from people like my sister and various others.

I assure you though that if I missed a message from you it certainly was not intentional and that I'm sorry if you felt offended. :viking:

Thanks for all your replies :viking:

Well its done - I bought Nightfall and hopefully it will arrive before next weekend :viking:

I am so excited! Now I will take a better look around the GW sections here :viking:

YAY!!

Well as soon as you've got it and made a character, press "n" and add "Elsfar the hunter" to the list, then I'll come and help you

:woot:

~Doom

CLaireeee Do eeeet :D We can be nooobs togetha ;)

TIm, I am gonna need all tha help I can get - I have been reading and it all sounds very complicated!!

Will I be ok having not played Sacred like you guys ;);):oooo:

Any suggestions for my character:)

EEk I am gonna be a big NOOB :woot:

Don't worry Aur personally it doesn't get complicated until you have 30+skills to choose from, then you can refer to a guide to help you choose the skils you want to use and want to get.

The ingame fighting is pretty straight forward click a monster press space on your keyboard and your char with run to it untill its in hitting range. While attacking you can use skills. Not much of learning curve.

For complexity I would avoid DnD based games they tend to be more complicated.

I'm still learning ;) , hench management, pulling and so on, 2months experience :woot: .

Will I be ok having not played Sacred like you guys ;):oooo::D

Yep I was utterly confused and I'd played sacred

EEk I am gonna be a big NOOB

I was too :woot:

Any suggestions for my character:)

Play whatever you want, rangers, elementalists and warriors are all easy to start with and paragons

;)

~Doom

Guest gogoblender

bah...lol, Aur thisa game is SO easy...kinda ;)

And...can you please add me to yer friends list?

Gogo Blender

And ifyou post yer name here we'll send you an invite to the D.a.r.k. Guild

Yer one click away from our beautiful ingame Guild hall, yee haw!

:woot:

gogo

Yay! :BlobRed:

Never fear Aurora. We'll get you up tp speed in no time! Let us know when you've got it so that we can arrange a day for all of us to get together. :cow_white: I carried my Prophecies character into Nightfall and was skipped past several of the starter areas of Nightfall so I'll do some back-tracking to meet up with you. :)

The hardest thing for me was being able to type chat while doing quests/missions. I was just overwhelmed with all the action that I wasn't able to communicate very well at first, lol.

Oh and I don't think Sacred experience makes much difference in GW. Something interesting that Crunchie and I tried last night is that I can lend my heroes out which are level 20. So if ever you're on your way in and I'm on my way out I can give you my heroes. Only good for one quest/mission tho I think.

Come come erialc! Your next. :BlobRed:

P.s. Schots Bane

Gogo and Schot. I figured the newness was overwhelming, and it is easy to miss private messages sent to you. We'll get together sometime I am certain. :BlobRed:

Tim, as for me never being around. I...contest that. Considering I have 18 months and over 1500+ hours of game time...I'd say I am around sometimes :BlobRed:

For all the people considering Guild Wars, welcome and I hope meet and enjoy some time together :cow_white:

Guest gogoblender

Honestly everyone?

I'm so darned excitied about y'all playin !

Cyg...I can hardly wait ta hook up with ya, heh...have I mentionned at all lately on the forum that I"M in love with monks now?

heh, it's the heroes man...I've been doin SO much work with monks now...I'm as addicted to seein healin ballon numbers fly as ever I was with damage.

Cyg, can hardly wait to hook up...lol ,I really need some info on how to put together a great monk heroe support team.

Don't got any elites fer em yet...but am workin on it.

Great to see all you guys...

my friends...

all in game here now with GW

and yeah, even if ogame is gettin too hectic fer us all in rl...

our friendship will still find an awesome way to shine in new games.

So keep playin guys...and lookin forward so takin a great new pic of us all in the D.a.r.k. Guild Wars hall together.

Woot!

:cow_white:

gogo

Your wish is granted! I just so happen to play as a monk well over 60-75% of the time, so I know a thing or two. I made this build for you, using basic skills and no elites...as you aquire more skills you get more options. Hope it helps.

Universal Healing Hero

This build is designed to be effective as the sole healer in a 4 person team or working in conjunction with a henchman or a player monk in an 8 person team. The build also focuses on the Monk AI’s strengths and minimizes its weaknesses. A common mistake people make is omiting condition and hex removal from their team builds. I highly recommend having several charatcers capable of removing conditions and hexes. For addition energy management help, I recommend a Hero Necromancer with Blood Ritual, or Eve (blood henchman)

Monk/Mesmer

Healing Prayers 10

Divine Favor 10

Inspiriation 8

Protection Prayers 8

*these are base attributes, add runes as desired*

1) Reversal of Fortune

2) Orison of Healing

3) Dwayna's Kiss

4) Holy Veil

5) Mend Conditions

6) Power Drain

7) Ether Signet or Channeling

8) Resurrection spell of choice (set to off)

It is important if you equip a hero monk with a resurrection spell to disable it so they do not attempt to use it in combat. Monks need to stay focused on keeping the living, alive. Even disabled, you can open a hero skill bar and click on the skill to force him/her to use it. There is certainly many other builds that can be used. When designing a build for a monk hero keep in mind the following strengths and weaknesses and behaviors inherent in the AI:

1) The AI does not anticipate a need for something. It is completely reactionary. Avoid giving the hero skills that are best suited to be used in a proactive manner, unless you wish to manually control the hero.

2) The healer AI does not have the critical judgment of a skilled and experience monk player. It will not know what is the best skill to use, which is the highest priority target to keep alive, or use Signets to conserve energy to do minor healing. The hero will even heal necromancy minions. It will also not know when it is best to use an entire party heal as opposed to individual healing. Avoid giving the hero complicated, situational skills and stick with low energy, fast casting and recasting (spammable) failsafe healing spells. Also avoid having many minions and pets if you want your healers to stay focus soley on party members.

3) The hero has computer reactions. It will be able to react faster than most human players. It is exceptional at removing conditions and hexes and using very fast and repeatable heals. Condition/hex removal seems to follow a set pattern. The order the party members acquire the condition/hex is the order the hero will try to remove them, in the event many members are effected at the exact same time, the hero will start at the top of the party list and work down.

4) The hero seems to wait until a party member will gain full benefit from a healing spell to use it. For instance, if their healing spell does 57 plus 32 from Divine Favor, changes are good they will not use that spell until someone has suffered 89 damage.

I hope this build and guide proves helpful to people and, as always, feedback is welcome.

Well it arrived :bye:

I was so excited I unwrapped it carefully, looked at all the treasures inside.....

Started to install it on my laptop....didnt check the system requirements....my laptop heated up til it was burning hot..... :) and then crashed....

Then I installed it on my pc.....made a gorgeous elementalist named Aurora Lili and excitedly I began my adventure.....and then it crashed....

Incend had a looky and I dont have a good enough graphics card :yay:

I so silly....why dont I check these things before..oh thats right cos I wouldnt actaully have a clue what I do have /dont have lol....

So now I wait....I save....I beg......pwease can I have a new Graphics Card? innocent.gif

Ok I must wait......payday is a couple a weeks away :(

But dont despair Aurora Lili has been stalled a little but she will be there :D

PS WHat I did see looked bloody awesome!

Oh Aurora. What a total bummer! :yay:

You must have been soooo disappointed. But at least you stole a peak. When I began playing I found the environments very very imersive. Big thumbs up to those designing gurus. When you're able to get back on push the letter "g" to bring up the guild related info window and you'll find a little surprise for yourself. :woot:

I've sent Aurora Lili an invite to join the D.a.r.k. guild!

Once you've accepted the invite you'll have access to the D.a.r.k. oasis, our guild hall. To get there after you've accepted you just need to bring up that guild window, push "g", and on the top right corner of it you should see a button that says "guild hall". Just click and you're there. To get back to the regular map area just push the button again.

We await you with bated breath! :drinks:

Guest gogoblender

Woot!

Dances jig with Aur

Can hardly wait to see you online...I even wanna try out a new toon as well and this is gonna be a great way fer us all to meet up in pre-searing.

If you've got some time this weekend this'll be great

Or if you know whenever yer gonna be able to steal time to play we can hook up fer ya too.

Welcome Aurora!

:drinks:

gogo

p.s. gw is such a well-designed game...I'm sher the kinda grafx card you need to run it wont be more than a hundred bux..maybe even around fifty.

So if you gotta save, it won't be long. GW has been out fer a while now, so it's graphics needs don't need the big /expensive cards out there. :D