The Rabbit and the Cat

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

Well...

One of my roomies has just bought a rabbit, it's about two months old. Course, Star, the resident cat and matriarch of the premises has taken to sleeping outside hkboi's door and just....sits. She won't go anywhere else now and just watches under the crack. Funny thing is I don't think she ever saw the baby rabbit but it seems she knows we already have it.

Course, lol, me in a rather mean spirited way have begun to call the rabbit "Cat Food"

But, I'm also coming to realize that there could be benefits for the cat who's about fifteen years old and could enjoy the company.

Is it possible for a Cat and Rabbit to enjoy the premises?

Or is Catfood destined for the gullet of the cat one gory day from now?

Is peace possible?

:)

gogo

GoGo you know how I feel about rabbits...I'm sure you do...it's even chronicled somewhere in the Labyrinth of D.a.r.k somewhere but yes call it catfood and don't be sad when it passes....be grateful it wasn't in my headlights *shudders* ewww rabbits....they bite....they are well they are rabbits!...you want to get your cat a pet?....get it a wind up mouse to terrorise stuffed full of catnip! :viking:

sorry I guess you can tell I have a thing about rabbits....it goes way back

*runs away to see man who makes me lay on the couch....ahh it's all better now*

:)

:4rofl: ....

lol....I remain optimistic about "Mitsubishi's" well being as it is locked inside my room :BlobRed: although.. both animals are very quick - the rabbit even quicker as instincts dictate. :bomb: ..... Gogo suggested that both pets should be friends....based on one person's opinion...I don't know about whether both animals will develop companionship (due to it's respective size and place in the food cycle); however, we definitely try it when I get a cage...and if and only if the cat's ownerS agree to supervise the cat at the same time. :hugs: (we never know, cats and dogs sometimes get along!)

Mitsubishi looks like a miniature kangoroo and is very active. She is very cute, active, and speedy...Maybe the cat will take that into consideration before have her for dinner.... :heart: She is also very shy, yet curious.

I need to do more research on how to raise the rabbit: Should I neuter her? I found it sad to have to be the one to decide to neuter a living being.... wouldn't you? :mafia: .......:oooo:

ANyways the rabbit is so much work - I was trying to catch it....for one-ish hour.... at midnight - whetn it 's playing hide and seek.....- it's *yawn* soo soo fast.... :sleep:

Well. Star is going to have plenty to occupy her time now, haha. She was camped outside your door alllll night last night. She may be getting old but she acts like a young one when prospective prey are nearby. :BlobRed:

I don't really advise match making the two while the tidbit, errr, rabbit is so small. Maybe when it's stopped growing. She has caught several mice in the past couple of years. She is a completely different animal when hunting so careful with your door. When she wants to get through she will wait by it for hours on end until an opportunity comes. She has gotten outside many times that way without me noticing at all until several hours later. She waits right at the corner and when the door is open she zips around to the corner against the door on the other side and stops because she understands movement attracts the eye. Sneaky girl she is but I'm onto her tricks. :mafia: So always look at the floor when you open your door. Words to the wise.

She probably won't try and eat or kill the rabbit but she will play with it in her own cat way which would likely cause the rabbit to die of fright...

She waits right at the corner and when the door is open she zips around to the corner against the door on the other side and stops because she understands movement attracts the eye. Sneaky girl she is but I'm onto her tricks. ;) So always look at the floor when you open your door.

ehehe that's exactly what my cat does! lol but she's just had 5 kittens so she's not so fast running out the door now.. :crazy: thank god! :yay:

as for the rabbit and the cat, our older cat beats up the new kittens.. so a bunny probably wouldn't survive.. lol at least not for now :) -(if you're confused, I have 2 cats and one of them just had kittens.. rofl)-

Please excuse me if I start dribbling coz I've been awake for almost 48 hours.. a little too much :) ... :bounce::bounce: and I still have to go to work today! :twitch:

anyhoo, enough said for now.. lol :whistle:

Hey gogo,

I just re-read what I wrote, coz I don't have a bunny but I did kinda make it sound like I did.. lol

Uber wants EVERY kind of pet imaginable =/ lol he's thought about getting a rabbit but we don't have anywhere to put it at the moment.. between our 7 cats, 5 mice (who have just had MORE babies :) ) and anestty, we have our hands full.. ehehehehe

Well I have sick story that made my jaw drop. My cat which is a rather small female once came home a summerday with her face soaked in blood. I thought for a moment that she had been ran over and was really hurt, but she was in fine shape and had only a couple fresh clawmarks on her paws. However she appeared extraordinary worked up over something, which could mean only one thing. And half an hour later I had a knock on the door by some neighbour kids that asked me if I knew what my cat was trying to pull inside through the open window in the livingroom. So I went to check and there is was, a fully grown weasel with a nice set of puncture marks on his loooooong and bloody throat (!). I called the vet the next day to see if she should have some shots in case of diseases etc. but the vaccinating she has had before covered it apparently. Also he said that cats killing weasels aint all that unheard of during summers, but very rare.

This cat is also extremly active elsewhere; since I live close to the forest she catches very tiny tumbsized shrews almost once per day and lay them under my bed :) .. sometimes they are alive .. Have you folks any idea how HARD is to catch those miniture miniature versions of a mouse? :hugs: They get in EVERYWHERE.

So about the rabbit .. well if the cat has killed before, id say the rabbit is catfood for sure ;)

Guest gogoblender

Beautiful pics Uber!

lol, if we were a bit closer I'd definitely be fighting for a place in line to adopt.

How lucky you guys were.

thought musta been a handful keepin track of all of em when they were around frolickin in yer house.

And so sad to see em go.

One you picked looks like a winner...and she's got some character too

:BlobRed:

gogo

p.s.yaga that's some cat you have. heh, but, wow...leaving en under yer bed? heh, our cat has done often the same kind of thing with mice that have managed to make it in...leaving her offerings by the door or something. YEr right, cats are pretty feisty little things when they want to be, but never knew they could take out a weasel!

:drinks:

Oh no Yaga! :BlobRed:

I love my cats but one thing I cannot stand is them showing off their catches!

One day one of our cats brought a massive fish about the size of its head to the back door, you know one of those ones people keep in a backyard pond.....I just couldnt deal with it...besides it was half eaten so I closed the door and walked away :drunkards: I thought maybe it was the wrong thing to do but at that stage there wasnt much that could be done...I thought maybe I should take it away to teach it not to do it again....but to be honest I dont think it would really make a difference!!

:BlobRed:

lol yuuuuum! raw fish!

for some reason, none of our cats do that... but then, that could just mean they're too pampered and couldn't catch anything if their life depended on it.. :drinks: come to think of it, they sometimes get fed twice a night coz I'll feed then when I get home from work then around 9pm they'll con anestty into thinking they havn't been fed and he'll feed them as well.. they really are the best con artists I've ever seen! :drinks: