Animation/Cartoons

erialc

I am a complete sucker for getting lost watching cartoons/animation. The ones from my childhood are some of my favorites and I have managed to get quite a few of them on DVD. There's nothing like chilling out on the sofa watching cartoons all day/night long:)

I'll post a few (I'll try to keep it to a few) of my favorties here with links where possible. I'd love to see what you all love or even loathe and if you could post some links that'd be great :D

These are in really no order but I'll start with ones from my childhood

BagPuss BagPuss

Clangers Clangers

Moomins Moomins

Magic Roundabout ( before they butchered it with Kylie...ewww)Magic Roundabout

The Herbs The Herbs

Top Cat

Dasterdly & Mutley

Tom and Jerry

Roobarb and Custard Roobarb and Custard

Oh it hurts to keep this list short! hehehe

the more modern ones I love to watch are, again in no particular order

Dexters Lab

Yvonne of the Yukon ? is that its real name?...but anyway that makes me laugh

Samurai Jack

Transformers

Simpsons

and that film Team America?..hahah it's sooo irreverant! I cried laughing at some of that!

Garfield

Gorillaz---Dare...cor Sean Ryder has got chubby;)

Nizlopi The JCB Song JCB Song

RadioHead Creep Creep Monkey Hub who made this bit of animation have some good stuff on their site

Years ago when Channel 4 first started late at night they ran a series called 4mation which show cased some weird and wonderful animation shorts from all around the world. If anyone knows of any links to this please post em...there has to be an archive somewhere...there has to be lol

Ok I'll stop as I could keep on adding stuff for hours and I really would love to see what you all like:)

Guest gogoblender

Erialc this is such an excellent thead!

And the site for Creep monkey is SO beautiful!

heh... I can't see I've seen too many of the cartoons you've seen...but I absolutely ADORE cartoons and have a huge bunch of em as my faves!

I"m runnin out the door pretty soon, but I'm comin back at this thread with a passion!

And cool that you like Transformers and simpsons.

+++

Who doesn't!

:D

gogo

p.s. Can we tell you hang out with yer kids a lot you! :P

Guest gogoblender

hey guys!

heh...sorry fer teh double post guys, but I wanted to post, as well, this link here.

http://www.ninjai.com/

I first discovered this little dude sometime a few years ago.

wow

incredibly well written, unbelievably violent...and free!

this little kid is truly a terror...and when I showed this link a while ago to a lot of friends, I remember that hk here from Clan nine really liked it.

In fact...he liked it so much that it's now a part of his in-game nic.

Bird Ninja

Careful with the animation here...it's quite violent but then again...I think the stories that can connect heavily come at some cost. Whether by the sacrifice of comfort factor that we had become comfortable with before, or the enlargement of our world whether it's sensiblities or simply our understanding of what people are capable of.

The link will take you to a very nicely done, polished page that describes the series.

Link and enjoy

I"m curious to see what you guys think about this.

Cheers

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

:nerd: seeting in front to the pc so much... I think my glasses will burst by the violent episodes at ninjai.com.. So violent. probably you guys should check out kids version under 13... :devil: :innocent:

hk

• 2 months later...

/wub WOW for everyone that I actually have heard about I love too! Try this site for old memories

www.retrojunk.com it actually has the old theme songs to most of the shows from the 70's 80's and 90's

and if you saw my other post if you find something that triggers your memory and you wanted to see the show or clips of it try out youtube.com they will most likely have alot of them I have already found alot!

gotta put down some of my old school favs that no one ever knows and everyone thinks im crazy for asking lol

the Wuzzles- this was Disney I think and it was a cartoon that took 2 animals and put them together like a Rhino and a monkey and his name was Rinokey and bumble lion and others it was great~

chip n dale rescue rangers!

Count Duckula - this was original and good) he was a vegitarian vampire duck on nickelodeon

Tale Spin, Mad Max (little baby with red hair and space adventures) and there are sooo many more but I am at a loss!

Later Yall!! *southern Goodbye* /woot

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

haha Tim TopCat rocks!!

Here's the Theme tune if you are in the mood for some nostalgia!

Top Cat

Hahah does anyone remember Hong Kong Phooey?

Theme Tune

wooT

My dvd collection is getting full of all the cartoons/ films I remmeber hehe