Apocalypto - with spoilers

cyclops

Anyone here planning to watch or have already watched this movie? Just watched it yesterday and am not too impressed. I find the storyline too simple and some of the scenes are just too gruesome for my taste although based on historical facts (the aztec human sacrifices).

It does come from Mel Gibson's deluded imagination, and by the way, the Aztecs weren't THAT bad...

It's not accurate historically

:mafia:

~Doom

P.S. Mel Gibson is a deluded madman with a disgusting bood soaked imagination

I watched some time back. It was an Ok movie. Not something great but it was more or less fine.

I liked the fact that it had all thouse gruesom scenes. If it didnt it wouldn't have anything. What I mean is they give you the feal of the chase the reasons for it. What he is running away from and what he is running to. When I went to watch it I never thought that it would be like the way it is Never. :mafia:

Guest gogoblender

I read a lot about Aztec civilization years ago and was completely fascinated.

Heh, guess one more point of view on this era will hopefully not be too bad.

Looks exensive, cool

And gruesome you said Cykes?

lately my stomache's been on the weak side fer this kinda thing...guess I"ll have to do the old fingers up in front of the hand routine

:mafia:

gogo

I went to see this in the theater and really enjoyed it. It was definitely a reflection of the evil empire scenario that america is working on right now. It was probably the best movie I've seen recently, with maybe the exception of idiocracy