A new member of the family

Well finally I got to bring home http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=poochy3ei3.jpg today. I had been keeping my fingers crossed since seeing him at the pound on Monday and last night they called and said he is ours. I brought him home this morning and he is the cutest hound! My kids didn't have a clue I was even contemplating getting a dog so you can imagine the wide eyes and huge smiles after school today when they saw him. Right now they are all laid on the floor chilling out after much playing and asking 'He's really ours?'

He didn't have a name as he was found wandering the streets and after a wee bit of arguing between the kids they have settled on the name Smudge

:whistle::P:D

Happy days!

Oh and the pound think he is around 1 to 2 years old and he's pretty good in the house...strange that such a cute dog ended up there...good for us as he seems perfect...hehe updates will follow I'm sure :P

Guest gogoblender

Claire, yer so lucky! To be fortunate enough to have kids and time to really give a dog a great home is awesome. My family's had lots of dogs as well and all of them made their own pawprint upon the gang. From the looks of yer pic I can tell you guys are gonna be in fer some great times.

And good for you that you found it in a pound.

Bless ya darlin!

:whistle:

gogo

Thats a fine looking dog claire, I'm very jealous. I've been wanting my own for a long time, hopefully it can happen in the near future. Don't spoil him now :o

That's a very nice dog.. Don't spoil him :rolleyes:

I don;'t like dogs.. they scare me :o (I think I have a mild phobia)

:)

~Doom

P.S. A present feel special

Awww Thanks guys! :o Cth...hope you find your four legged pal when the time is right :BlobRed:

Tim! awww...sooo cute! haha I'm giong to show the kids that one in the morning! :)

Awwwww how cute!! I'm plain jealous right now.. I love dogs and have wanted one for years and years, but cause I travel so much I have held of. ***Sigh .. one day

a cut little thing :4rofl: (so do we start a collection for new slippers now) :4rofl:

(quite nice pictures you get with the E5000) :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gogoblender

How's the Dog shaping out claire?

I'm curious to know how yer rescued poochy is fittin in. Is he feeling at home? A friend of mine once had a rescued doggy and it took a bit of time fer the dog to get al comfy with the family.

I hope yer havin a faster time?

:)

gogo

Ahh gogo thanks :( he's doing amazingly well :(

It's like he has been here forever, he adores the kids and ofc they him. he is so at home he looks all put out if bedtime is late LOL. His fur was a bit rough looking so he has pilchards for breakfast which he seems to love...so much sop he sits waiting by his bowl in the morning hehe

Walkies wise he is great...I extremely nervously took him off his lead in the park and wow he is amazing...trots off a little way then stops to check you are there...and comes back to his new name!

All in all...I can't believe how amazingly lucky we are to have this little chap!...someone somewhere has really loved him which makes me wonder how he ended up homeless, hehe he's even house trained!

So yeah he's just perfect :(

:):drool::(

How did I miss this topic :bow:

BAD MOD BAD MOD! :3lmao:

I have known about Claires new dog before she got it but I still havnt got the full story on it. Note to self:"get Claire on MSN to tell all about it."

Claire he looks great hope he doesnt bite. :devil::P

Ahh Borg she is soooo cute and look at her all comfy on yer bed hehe

Katran LOL no he doesn't bite and he can't bark to well either...he sounds very horse like his bark is broken hehe they said at the pound that he just sounds like that and had a vetinary check and all was well.