Star Trek 11

Katran

HEY! HEEEEEEEYYYYYYY! This is your neighborhood friendly locutus...the guy who missed the Star Trek thread...DOH! The guy who owns every season of ST:TOS, ST:TAS, ST:TNG, ST:DS9, and ST:VOY and all movies on dvd. Notice I have all including the star trek cartoon, but not ENTERPRISE. I have to side with Katran(from a year ago by the looks of this thread :4rofl:) in that it was stupid to go back in time to look at Star Trek when there was a ridiculous amount to go on to move forward. Im skeptical of the movie because it too goes back...but I saw Leonard Nimoy attached to the cast list so it can't be a total bust.

P.S. I pray everyday though that a new Star trek series starts up and returns us to the time we know and love with Picard, Sisko, and Janeway. Matter of fact I gotta start a separate thread to talk Star Trek- I sadly never had many trekkie friends in real life :P

...o boy Trekkie friends...

*is ashamed* ;)

Edited by locutus
but I saw Leonard Nimoy attached to the cast list so it can't be a total bust.

lol, I'm wondering if he was hired to only do beginning narative

:4rofl:

gogo

Its a really funny trailer when you come to think of it. The story as fare as it is know should be the first mission of Kirk and spock on the enterprise. The really funny thing is that in the trailer the enterprise is being built. :) And Kirk and Spock where not the first on the Enterprise.

locutus if you start that topic you can count on me posting there. In the past I started some talking about this and that trek stuff and I was talking to my self most of the time. :)

I found a pic of a poster that was released at comic-con this month it shows some of the cast members including "Zachary Quinto takes the lookalike cake as Spock". Zachary Quinto (for those who, like me have trouble place a face to a name) plays Sylar in Heros. And you can find it here with an article about it. Star Trek 11 cast poster

or you can get a better look at him here Star Trek 11 offical site and click on the downloads.

Edited by Lord of the North
  • 4 months later...

What bothers me is that they show the Enterprise being constructed on Earth! In TOS I remember a reference to it as being constructed in a shipyard off planet yet the only online reference I can find shows it being constructed in San Francisco.

How could something that large be built in a fairly deep gravity well and then launched without tearing it apart? In fact, in Tomorrow is Yesterday, the ship has to struggle to leave a low Earth orbit.

I guess I will have to see the movie to see how they resolve so many possible problems.

You shouldnt put too much faith in them any longer. Since as fare as canon is concerned all things went down the drain with Enterprise. One of my favorites was the Klingons showing up in Episode 1 of the show and no more or less on earth. :) Second the Klingons have cloaking tech in that time? :) 3. Romulans show up in Enterprise? :) And in TOS it is clearly stated that Humans and Romulans met 100 years ago when a war started between the two sides with primitive nuclear weapons. Now as stupid as that sound it still was in the canon more then 40 years before the Enterprise show. Here is the simplest thing the Enterprise is a crap ship that can bearly go warp 5 before it tears apart. The Romulan Star Empire is in the Beta quadrant. So how the hell did the 2 sides met and no less in a Romulan mine field. And here is even a better one The Romulans have holo-cloak tech in that time come on. They dont have that kind of tech in TNG DS9 or even Voyager time frame for that matter.

All in all star trek world is full of errors since Enterprise. ;)

P.S.: I will never be able to except Sylar as Spock. Every time he comes on screen I will expect for him to chop the skull of some of the other characters on screen. :4rofl:

• 3 weeks later...
Majel Barrett (mrs gene roddenberry) ... passed away today from Leukemia, she was 76.

The only one I won't miss when he leaves is William Shatner. Of the others, I think it hit me the most when DeForest Kelly passed with a close second in James Doohan.

Edited by Spock
  • 4 months later...

Just watched the movie and I have to say I liked the movie as fare as the way they story line developed. Normally I have nothing bad to say about the effects and the acting. As I posted above I still expected the new Spock to chop someone head open. ;)

Ok now for the rent which will be only for those that have seen the movie.

Holy Hannah! they blew up Vulcan :o Again Holy Hannah! they blew up Vulcan! I dont know who had that bright idea man he most of lost his mind. I know someone will come and say it that now the history will change but Holy Hannah! they blew up Vulcan. So after all of that they chose to not give us the ending that we all expected that the time line will be fixed? But they had the nerv to Make Kirk a Captain the day he graduated from the academy? :Just_Cuz_21: Oh and heres a noter big one which as fare as I can tell has nothing to do with the new time line. Uhura and Spock? Holy Hannah! Things in this movie blow away everything that they did in Enterprise and beats by a mile everything they did in all the mirror universes episodes combined. The only way I see that they can fix things in by making a noter movie where they fix the time line. Shame they didnt do it in this one but hell Kirk gets from a cadet to a captain in one movie.

And one a good note for the Star trek business the move bit the record money making weekend of The Dark Knight

I've heard nothing but the greatest lauds and props for this movie. I was asking a friend whether this was the "cast" of peeps that he'd want to explore space with again in the future via next movie.

"yes"

Sold!

And so glad to hear that Star Trek is back on it's feet... this is gonna be a BIG movie

:)

gogo

I can imagine the reaction of some fans to this movie. If you go in WITHOUT preconceptions, you should be able to enjoy it. There is a scene that reminds me of the Wing Commander Prophecy intro.

... If you go in WITHOUT preconceptions, you should be able to enjoy it. ...

The trouble is, if you're a true fan, that it's impossible to go in without pre-conceptions. Star Trek, Star Trek the Next Generation, Star Trek Voyager, Deep Space 9, Enterprise, all the movies ... how can any fan not go in without some kind of preconceived notion of what is right and what is wrong for the Star Trek universe?

The trouble is, if you're a true fan, that it's impossible to go in without pre-conceptions. Star Trek, Star Trek the Next Generation, Star Trek Voyager, Deep Space 9, Enterprise, all the movies ... how can any fan not go in without some kind of preconceived notion of what is right and what is wrong for the Star Trek universe?

They you are surely not going to like it what the story does to the star trek universe. :) I know I dont.

The movie in it self was ok "ish" but I haveto say even if we imagine that I have not seen everything made it was kinda disappointing :)

And if we takes the star trek history into account it only gets worse :lol::)

This is not a trekkie friendly movie :( :( :(

:( :( :( :(