OGManage, Tool for OGAME

Dear friends,

After three months of testing, the full version of OGManage is ready to be released. The program had been scrupulously tested by friends of mine over the past week and had found no problems with its function or compatibility.

The role of the program is to replace use of a browser to log in to OGame. The program includes all features of OGame commander, as well as automatic-searching, automatic-fleet saving as well as many other unique features.

I will release a test version to friends in approximately one week.

Guest gogoblender

Hey everyone!

Once again, welcome to Dark Matters.

This program sounds interesting and wonderfully exciting as evinced by our members here.However our official stance on all programs used by our members is that they must be legal, and therefore transparent to the entier community...especially the ogame GO's.

If your program is indeed deemed to be legal by the ogame.org then we will be most happy to review all of it's touted abilitiies.

lol, eveyrone wants a lead friend...but unfortunately we at Clan D.a.r.k can only go the legal route and have chosen to only use programs that have passed muster with ogame.org as well as the community.

So I have to ask...has this program been submitted to ogame.org for review?

Are you able to attest to it's legality?

We await your response.

Cheers!

respect

:)

gogo

The role of the program is to replace use of a browser to log in to OGame and includes all features of OGame commander. If you use the tool, you need not pay OGame commander every month. Do you think OG will happy?

For the tool, we already tested it more than 3 months, more than 100 account join in testing, and no one had been banned.

For OGame Rules, I read it more than 10 times. I think only auto fleet saving out of the game rules. So we decide colse this function. Others functions are great.

Wow, sounds very very interesting indeed!

Unfortunately, as I have just read, it seems as though this is the kind of thing our clan would not need to use.

If you have a look at the Terms and Conditions of Ogame.org Section 4: Prohibited actions states that the use of such an application as "OGManage" is strictly forbidden and for many good reasons.

I am a strong believer of all players having equal footing and playing a game as is.

When playing online games I look for the servers that do not accept cheats. What were they called in Sacred? Hard core? Many of us, hopefully all of us, share this value.

Truly we are grateful that you made the time to share this great new toy with us Candyman.

Again, thank you very much Candyman and good game!

P.S.

I hope that if I am mistaken as to the legality of OGManage, someone will correct me.:shrug:

Cheers!

Guest gogoblender

heh...actually bef...lol, if it's undetectable and illegal it becomes a question of :

Using software this is

1-illegal

2-undetectable

3-punishable by banning as read in ogame rules.

It is actually not for us to determine whether or not Candyman's software is illegal or not.

and remember...being undetectable is just a reflection of the times. What Dark Matters is interested in is ogame's ruling on this software.

Does Ogame.org rule that it is illegal or not?

I'm still waiting for some clarification on that precise issue.

Thanks!

gogo

I am truly intrigued by the afore mentioned tool... When I first learnt of ogame one of my first thoughts was of scripting things...then I read the rules...

Having not seen the tool or its complete range of functionality I cannot comment entirely on its professed legitimacy. from the sounds of it though it breaks the rules of the game providing an unfair advantage to those you deem worthy of sharing it with. I myself while impressed with your ingenuity feel that regardless of your success in desining said tool have lost your way.... I previously respected the rank you had attained and attributed a level of respect towards your achievement, but at this point I wonder whether I have been playing against you or a computer... Regardless of whether or not the tool is detectable it is none the less cheating. In regards to your comment that the only thing you could see that specifically provided functionality outside of commander being auto fleet saving, well I wonder considering the apparent undetectability of the original tool and think to myself how many morally unencumbered people will take the original version with auto fleet saving and possibly other illegal functionality with little or no compunction...

I personally believe that you have a decision to make.

You can continue on your current path and possibly rule the universe that is (you meaning your script)

or

You can beg ignorance of the rules and try to save all those involved in your trials because while I personally wont go snitching to anyone in ogame admin, it seems inevitable that this will come to light. This has the potential to be one of the most controversial issues in ogame history or at least uni 9.org cause if my gut feeling is right all of those using it may find themselves banned and I hazard to guess that the star alliance are probably long term members of the test group...

Just my thoughts and as Gogo says

Respect-well done on the design of your utility I doubt not the time you must have spent :)

I think what it does is pretty irrelevant at this point. My question was ignored, and odds are its simply a password stealer. If somebody did come up with something that did what this is reported to do, it would get you banned.

Fair enough, but I was hoping for (at least) a debate on the morality of this situation:

The devs say that anything that gives some players an (artificial) advantage is bad, then charge people for something like Commander... Is that a case of do as I say, not do as I do?

Guest gogoblender

Interesting llama...but I think it's yer question that has misled you...

:P

*ducks*

lol, you see...the devs create the definition of naturality...so there creation of ogame IS the way that ogame expresses itself...naturally...and as so defined by them...the makers of ogame.

Anything from outside the system is unnatural and therefore illegal as so defined by them.

I think perhaps teh question that could be adressed here if debate is wanted...is if this definition that they have ascribed to and us in so agreeing to the moment we play is indeed fair or not.

;)

gogo

p.s. morality? heheh, it's about benefits and profitablity...if ogame is to remain profitable and give us teh benefits we desire...then honest research is necessary to uncover, discover and see what is profitable for ogame to perform at while rendering a "fair" game to those that buy their products ;)

p.s. btw good post incendareous

I think perhaps teh question that could be adressed here if debate is wanted...is if this definition that they have ascribed to and us in so agreeing to the moment we play is indeed fair or not.

lol, you see...the devs create the definition of naturality...so there creation of ogame IS the way that ogame expresses itself...naturally...and as so defined by them...the makers of ogame.

Anything from outside the system is unnatural and therefore illegal as so defined by them.

True, but if someone doesn't have the ability to pay for Commander, then they are disadvantaged, what you're saying is that as long as you can afford to pay, you can have an advantage over others.

Plus, (to change things slightly), what about ORP? Does it not change the Ogame-Player system (after all, Ogame cannot exist in isolation from the player) from an external source? Therefore it would be wrong (given your reasoning :P ).

p.s. morality?  heheh, it's about benefits and profitablity...if ogame is to remain profitable and give us teh benefits we desire...then honest research is necessary to uncover, discover and see what is profitable for ogame to perform at while rendering a "fair" game to those that buy their products ;)

But you could say that by sufficient research some judicious players have found a way to reap benefits that other less skilled players can't (because they've found a way to do things like the program mentioned above). Where does "fair" research/skill end & cheating/exploiting begin?

Guest gogoblender

hehe, money is one of the skils that ogame assigns as a better way of playing.

As long as ogame is getting it :P

lol, sorry...but I don't really have a problem with that. There is really no such thing as a balanced field, right?

And for someone to win...there MUST have been an advantage...or else there would always be a draw...right?

So we all choose to go by ogame's rules of what the BEGINNINGS of a balanced playing field are. And it is up to us and if we like...by using the rules of ogame...to find ways to unbalance the field in our favor so that we can get victory.

ogame has allowed commander to be recognized as a legal way of giving a lead.

As well...it has allowed most of the other progs a legality in use.

All of these leads cost

money

time

commitment

lol, real life goin poof!

llama...I really don' know how profitable it is for us to actually go into WHY they declare something illegal in this case...and regarding our roles as successful game players...shouldn't we simply look at the rules posted and attempt to abide by them?

Unless you feel that you can make the entire experience of ogaming better by becoming involved in the judiciary process?

Let's bean count here

Profit comparison regarding the

1-morality discovery regarding if ogame is doing right or wrong...

v.s.

2-just choosing to follow a system of rules from a company that we have faith in.

Considering that this is a game that has fewer resources thrown at it than real life...

lol, I myself rather inclined to go for Curtain Number two!

:P

gogo

Edit:

p.s. if, of course we CHOOSE to debate because that puts a smiley on our face...then go fer it! lol, I'm not tryin at all to put a damper on a pretty sophisticated issue here...post peeps post if you've got opinions!

The Ogame Commander does NOT give advantages, it is more a thing of sorting messages, coloring things and an overview of the planets. Some people are unsure about the building queue. But many forget that you first need the ressources before you can build it.

Are ads a problem? That does sometimes happen but shouldn't. The intention of the commander is not to give benefits, it's just made for lazy ppl like me. :P I have commander in 2 universes and I didn't have it in 2 other accs, still I could play the same.

For the programme: that is 100% illegal. To ask for legality, ask faith@ogame.de , but here I am 100% sure it isn't as it give advantages.

• 7 months later...

damn... how did I miss this thread!

ah well cassandra has got involved but yeah highly illegal to ahve anything that scripts liek that. I'm still sometimes supprised the foxgame is allowed. but ah well. naughty naught people for scripting.... BAD!

then again I couldn't ban for this its at the SGO's and GA's descression and Gameforge would ahve to beinvolved as well. all too complicated fo rme to understand in my current state of mind... I'm off to go get some well needed sleep!!

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

heh, the program is illegal as mentionned by Casandra Vandales in another thead somewhere on this forum.

This is an old thread and the news here is pretty dated...

I"m gonna close it but would like to welcome you to the forum Zombi I.

Have fun and welcome to the boards

gogo