Wow - I have had a truly amazing - stunning week - and then today, well today I got a new job, very exciting stuff for me. The job is with Rio Tinto, one of the worlds largest mining companies. It operates globally, and is well known here as Australia is basically one massive, huge mine.

This is there website - Rio Tinto

Its in the IT department, official title - Service Desk Analyst - great conditions, dollars, location and prospects.

Drinks in the bar for everyone! :thumbsup:

Guest gogoblender

Anestty this is fantastic news...and with such a big company too!

Hello, can we say benefits?

lol, lately this is all I've been intersted in other companies...benefits, benefits, befits...!

My cuz just got a job with the government of Canada and the book of benefits he got was so thick you could choke a camel with it!

;)

Are you gonna be full time?

Is there some kind of a training session or somehting?

And...lol, hey...did that evil enforced session of Big Aussie Bro making you sit at that comp have anything do do with snappin up such a snazzy job?

And hey...this job..it's with the it section right?

Er..there isn't the word canary anywhere near yer job description...

right?

:thumbsup:

gogo

I got the job through a recruitment firm - Its full time, nice office, by the river etc.. Theres no training, I have done the job in Australia and other countries, but theres always a crappy "Induction" phase. In my experience it's usually an eye glazed over type affair. Lots of yawns. But meh.. they don't go for too long and you get paid. The job is to analyze data from service and help desks looking for trends and, solutions. As for the benefits, I'm going to wait until I read the formal offer of employment that will come in the mail after the weekend. But I'm really happy cause I feel like I'm being paid what I'm worth for a change ;)

Um, I don't get the canary thing. rofl

A canary in a coal mine..

(it means dangerous)

You see, they used to use canaries to check for dangerous gas, if the canary died, you ran if it didn't your safe

~Doom

Guest gogoblender

The New I.T

canary_coal_mine.gif

Inhaler in Training ?

*ducks and runs off*

gogo

p.s. hey...where can I get a job with a river runnin by it!

enjoy and again, Gratz Anestty

+++

Hmmm, they are giving you access to all of their data . . . but you have not yet actually accepted the offer . . . so is there still time to sell their stock short . . . :thumbsup:

Excellent news. Any job where A) you have your own office, B) with a window, C) with benefits, and D) you get paid what you think you are worth is AWESOME! Congrats, drinks are on you! ;)