Pure Spawnage!

Awh Griffman. That's an expensive test. Sorry to read about your lost Daemon. :(

I'm wondering... If you have no far sight at all then do the monsters outside your immediate view exist:) Do they only spawn when you move at that point? And more importantly... Am I making any sense at all:) :3lmao:

@Jasper: Those giant spiders definitely give very good experience and pretty decent drops too. I used to have a lot of fun getting experience there. Even created a special route for myself. :) Just watch out for those Sakara Priests that can trap you. :smart:

Lost an ebotls Daemon?

Ebolts?! noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

zomg, that build is SO hard to build out properly!

I'm so sorry for your loss, Griffman.

Come back stronger!

:bow:

gogo

p.s. regarding the spawning of dragons, I would think they count in a way as a kind of "unique" entity with zero percent chance of being modified by a numerical value. Hence, probably why there is no chance of them spawning duplicates. It's an awesome idea though!

@Brad

I been there the other trying to do the glitch thing.. I just now realize that.. I don't have ANY Farsight haha, but nonetheless gained a nice green (xp) but drops were not that good, not bad, but I think I'll have to play more in that poisonous area (I need to get my poison resistance up). Also I just discovered the might of CL and have been usign that mostly there when sakara priests trapped me, going attack, blast a CL, attack, attack attack (yes I can do three attach Combat Arts before my CL of level 2 is regenerateds again of 5 seconds) and I rinse and repeat that making it VERY easy to kill two, three or four spiders at a time with 2 mobs of sakara priests there aswell, although I have to use my spacebar every now and then, nothing too much threatening. So, any more tips, go to my thread or PM me please :bye:

@gogo

If Ebolts deamon is hard.. then I'd like to try it aswel, but going for Magic WE or roll a vamp, depends on what characters are scarsely seen on servers, I like playing the unpopulair races, was one of the first to try out Israfaels close combat WE back in the very very veeery old days, why didn't I write a guide on that, couldve changed my life...

Seing the coming statements, I agree witht he dragon being unique theory although I think they can be disrupted somehow.

And about the testing, put off all your FS gear walk out put em on and see, repeat that a few times to see where they spawn, and go look at those places with your SF gear off, maybe that'd help?

Sylph

PS

Brad, if you would be so kind giving me a tour around your road in the spider desert athat'd be nice :)

A couple random thoughts on dragon spawning . . .

I wonder if you could get the dragon moving a little, then try to spawn it, it might work since sylph indicated they seemed to "stack". They undoubtedly ALWAYS spawn at the exact same location. Need to give 'em a nudge first, perhaps.

Does phase shift move you far enough to do the same trick? or does it have to be a portal/cave entrance? What about Acutami and the back door there. Bet if you run past him and through the door he'll start moving . . .

I'm wondering... If you have no far sight at all then do the monsters outside your immediate view exist:) Do they only spawn when you move at that point? And more importantly... Am I making any sense at all:) :cow_white:

Well you have to sort of figure out where the spawn points are for each area that you are doing this, I think that is why I'm having trouble spawning with far sight. But anyway, I can test it and give you the actual frame values for the spawn points inside orc cave because I've pretty much gotten orc cave down. If I had to guess I'd say the spawn points are about 4-5 screen lengths apart. When I spawn a bunch of people in the orc cave everyone in my immediate view spawns multiple times, and everyone for several screen lengths gets copied, but then there is a noticeable drop off where no one got copied. That point is where the next spawn point in the cave spawned the guys, which is the third room from the entrance that is closer to Khorad's portal.

Thanks guys, she definitely will be missed.

As I said before, I've been having no luck with far sight. The first time I equipped it I sat on the island afk for a minute or two and a bunch of guys were spawned at the tip of the mainland directly south of me, but so far I've not been able to recreate this anywhere but on the island. Any ideas how to make it work other than running around? (I have 278 far sight)

@gial: for my trick phase shift doesn't work, because it only moves you out 1 screen length and you'll still be inside the spawn point. I've only been able to make it work with entrances to caves and portals (ghost cave). I've tried Acutami from both doors, he's just a little too far away to be able to spawn him. I forget though if I had moved him closer to the door and if he had spawned back where he began.

This is what happened when I tried the Crows Rock dragon:

I came inside the portal and killed all the baddies around, attacked the dragon to pull him towards the portal, then went inside and out of the portal several times then came back in and had a bunch of baddies but the dragon hadn't moved from where I put him, and neither had his fire.

Edited by griffman

You can't dupe dragon this way I'm quite sure, they probably spawn with the game. The only thing you can mess with is their level, the level seems to be set only when a player get within the region.

You can split a dragon with massive percentage of split, but watch for the fire. Also you can awaken dead a dragon, quite an impressive alley it will be.

Wow...Griff how did you do that?

I've actually never seen goblin lawn in that mode before. Is this with farsight? And how much percentage?

If you could effect that large "mass" of accessible creatures now that you see, wow, yer talkin a major massacre here.

:4rofl:

gogo

Hmmmm. Difficult to tell Griffman. That area always has a ton of spawns on average. But here's a thought. What I really began to notice in the past was that I was getting more than average boss types. Are you finding more boss types when running through that area? Also. Try not to stop and fight at every enemy. Just keep running and running and see if you see more bosses than usual.

I'll have to try your suggestion Schot. I was stopping to fight because they were all my level at the time so I had to or I would die :4rofl:.

@gogo: it was with far sight alone. I have I think 340 far sight on this guy for now.

I'll try to get a pic of my old way of overspawning goblin lawn, it may take a while though, I have to work tonight

This is the best I could do. I found out how different it is overspawning in HC versus SC. If I die in SC I get a little bit angry, but I'll be ok. In HC I lose my guy along with the full inventory and stash of items and runes. This one wasn't the best I've done, but right after I did it I tried to get a better and crashed the server (Sorry Peekaboow :D ).

BTW, to get the full effect, look at the amount of gray and red dots, along with the enemies around me that you can't see on the mini map.

shot0024.jpg

Ah that's a looooot of goblins Griffman. It's hard to tell from a screenshot I'm finding. Do you think there was much more than usual? How much far sight did you have for that test? And were there many more bosses than normal?

I haven't tried to do this in silver creek or Porto Vallum. Porto Vallum might be a good place for me to test this. Ultimately what I really notice when using a lot of far sight is that there seem to be more bosses(guys with spikey red ring under their feet) than I would expect.

Did I read your post correctly though? Did your WE die? :D

Yeah sorry I had trouble getting a good screenie. It seems my laptop only allows me to press 2 buttons at the same time... I didn't realize this so on my better spawns I was holding alt and pressing ctrl+b to take the picture. I actually used the cave to do this, running in and out without any farsight to multiply the people.

I didn't lose my WE, she's always ok :D. Peekaboow (sp?) was in the game with me when I crashed the server so I was apologizing even though I don't think I've ever seen him on here. Not to mention that the game probably was severely laggy right before it crashed. These are the downsides of making more and more baddies.

I've definitely seen the worth of far sight though. I was just trying to get a comparison shot for you. The way I see it, far sight multiplies the baddies without creating any lag and it can be done constantly. Creating lag and overspawning with the glitch ruins the server, and gives the ultimate possibility for death if you are unprepared. Far sight is a day to day thing, the glitch should be done only to show off or make movies ;).

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

This thread has been split so that different techniques for overspawning can be documented in two threads now.

Schnittchen's and Therion's great new additions to overspawning has been seeded on it's own thread with everyone's commentary on their videos which we can find here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...=0#entry6778627

We can use this old thread here as a topic to discuss using Farsight for uberspawning. We now have two threads running on uberspawning...take your pic, but please help us keep them on topic.

Cheers!

:lol:

gogo

• 4 months later...

I've gotten my farsight as high as 1100. The problem with my current glad is that he is trying to get 50%(or more) split. He has 25% split now and a bunch of split rings in his chest. Evertime I go to socket them I face the choice of higher split or higher far sight.

Farsight is currently at 160.

At my current level of split and farsight, with DS to bring them to me, I have been able to kill close to 1000 goblins in under 30 minutes. If I can manage to somehow get both farsight and split to uber levels.....well just imagine.....