Xfire

Sylph

I was surprised that I didn't find anything on this program, slightly disapointed, maybe you you don't have it with reason, if so please state :bye:

Xfire, very simple machine aswell, gaming tool, makes you speak with other ingame through a messenger, bring up the control with scrl lck+X it also counts all the hours you have played a certain game.

So far by my knowledge, the ingame message serice does not work with sacred, but it does count all your played hours etc. IMO a must to all who game a bit seriously. It can download game updates automatically, you can send files through it aswell.

Sylph

Here's the link:

http://www.xfire.com

Excellent!

Sylph I actually know that a lot of peeps are using this ingame right now.

and while I'm not so happy with taking attention away from the funness of community ingame messaging that just adds to the "friendliness" of the game, I adore the way you say it can display statistics of how much I'm playing.

I don't know how much of a fan of team speak I am too :o Dunno...it really changes sacred quite a bit for me and takes away from the value of the messaging I do in game. Though sometimes I wonder if everyone else has it but me because it seems like I'm the only person talking! :P

Gonna look this up today and definitely give it a go, I'd love to see those stats on me.

Good post

:bow:

gogo

Xfire doesn't with sacred ingame, and I only use it while playing single player games (the ingame messaging). But it is cool to see how long you have been palying a game for example, you can see that nolifers play 7k+ hours on WoW.... or other things, I got my own account aswell so you can see how the site looks like.. or something: http://www.xfire.com/profile/sylph89

Sylph

Had/have it, but my antivirus decided it was spyware, and now I've lost my password too..

(oh and I can't whitelist it for some reason)

:4rofl:

~Doom

I'm not that handy with Softwares.. I only know where they are and how they work, outternally (<= not internal) so You'll have to look at troubleshooting FAQ or just skip it at all it's not really important considering gameplay.

(I don't my own PW anymore I have it on auto-login)

Sylph

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

might as well use this old thread :)

I have a small but quite annoying problem xfire is hijacking my codecs :o

right now I would really really what to me the guy(s) responsible for this for some D.a.r.k. justice :o

so my question :) does anyone have a solution to this problem (except deleting xfcodec.dll) ?

• 2 weeks later...

I fix this problem btw :)

turn off the video thingy in xfire delete xfcodec.dll from system32 and reboot... (the dll is not back yet so I guess this can work)

and woo hoo xfire is not hijacking my codecs anymore :D

hehe xfire hijacked my video codecs and refused all my media players access to them :D

with the result that I could not play any movies at all :)