Where does your name come from?

Well I actually chose dragons legacy because it is the name of a clan I was officer of in O-game(uni 1, DLN)...it was also clan I was in in Kings of Chaos(DL)...

funny thing is I am not in either one of them anymore.....the Surfside that most of you know from IRC is the name I use in the other games (KoC/O-game) the reason for that one is mostly laziness.....I know that no one else uses the name, its where I live, who I work for, and conveniently enough I even like to surf /thumbsup

and I didnt plan on my wife or brother following along on the legacy..they just did it :D which makes me proud! /wub

Have used my nick since 1989....I made demos for the Amiga with a friend and we needed a nick. So my friend came up with Simz and lazy as I am, I became Zims.. /nerd

My real name is : Jan-Ove Stupforsmo /viking

-Zims-

I made mine up about... 7 years ago or so. I combined "Ankh" with "Inconnu" and made... Ankhanu. Somply, I liked the sound, then a couple years later I put together the etymology of the made up word and found it had a satisfactory meaning... "hidden life" :)

The standard screen name I've been using for about 10 years or so has been Sluagh; which I stole from the White Wolf RPG Changeling the Dreaming; they're somewhat gothy gatherers of secrets who speak in whispers and live in shadow. In actual terms, it's Scotch Gaelic meaning "the host, the multitude" and such. They're also a variety of faerie in Scottish lore; they were the keepers of the unforgiven dead or something like that, and would attempt to steal away the souls of the newly dead, coming in a host to do the deed... hence the lore and the current use are linked.

Wonderduds was my original nick, which I stole from a ridiculous superhero from the YTV show, Squack Box.

Been using Maniac for a few years now (Used to be Red Badger, but in the days of Area of Effect it had a loosing streak and had to change to keep me sane). At my previous job they got this idea to change pc passwords every week... needless to say the birght idea stopped after 7 weeks. Hence Maniac007. There always seems to be a Maniac in forums, so I stick with Maniac007.

I have only been using Aurora since the beginning of Uni9 in Ogame........so since October last year....I wanted a goddess name and I liked the sound of Aurora.....weird in the end cos people have ended up calling me Aur.......and backwards it is Rua and all my RL friends and family call me Ru.....as my real name is Ruth :)

I use JonJon as that is my nickname and the name most people call me by. I guess I'm just not creative enough to come up with anything else. /wink

Although, the use of "JJ" seems to be sticking alot on this fourm for some reason...

I guess typing two letters is much more efficient than six.

I have used Katran for the last 14 years. It is my nick name in real life as well.

I have had it since 2 grade when we were learning in school about poppy. When the rest of the kids heard the word tar they gave me my nick name. Katran means tar and since katran is part of my last name it kind of stick to me to this very day.

I use JonJon as that is my nickname and the name most people call me by. I guess I'm just not creative enough to come up with anything else. /wink

Although, the use of "JJ" seems to be sticking alot on this fourm for some reason...

I guess typing two letters is much more efficient than six.

We refer to you as JJ when not speaking directly to you, but talking about you... so JJ is a common on in real life too.

JaFoste is a portuguese word (Ja Foste) it means "Your Gone" something like that :) its a new nick that I only started to use in Ogame and American Armys game ..its funny for who understad it

Guest gogoblender

hahah, love all yer nics and histories guys

fascinating!

I myself am not too sher where my nic comes from anymore, lol

I'll have to think about it...but I think from my first chat room or something and I was impersonating a bunch of different kitchen instruments every day.

I think it was my nic that I would change but my profile would remain the same...

The Comfy Kitchen

was kinda a dif way of differentiating myself from everyone else...

but that's me

:P

gogo

p.s. the word gogoblender is actually a unique english word. If you google my nic every link to it is me and now what's weird is that there is a whole trail of forums I've been posting on for a few years now hahahah

Well, this nick is the name of one of my Star Wars RPG characters. She's a Sith... or will be if she survives throughout her training. :)

The name I'm generally known by is AspenJade, which I chose simply because I like the name Jade, and since most online communities already have a "Jade," I needed something to stick with it. Most people online usually just call me Jade, though I thought I'd try out something new when I signed up here.

yeah , ok I was imaginative when I created mine!

yeah it is my name but I was stuck for ideas and at the time I joined ogame I joined with friends in real life and it was so they would know who I was when I joined up to the alliance!