Request: Setting up shortcuts to use different settings.cfg

I saw BHJ had shortcuts which used different settings.cfg for his accounts.

Since I have two accounts as well, I'm interested in how he got it to work.

Anyone knows?

TY :faerie:

The best place to start, from all I've heard, is Sacred Vault. Given your fluent babel translation abilities gogo, this should be a piece of cake for you. One other one that I thought was cool, but I dug up recently and the link was dead, was YellowLab's autohotkey config. I don't suppose you saved a copy of that in your infinite archive of wonderfulness did you Myles?

If I hear of any more good sites I'll pass them along :twitch:

well its realy no big secret :P (I just didnt want to use any of those manager progs) ;)

in the game root dir you make a folder named dual in this folder you make 2 folders named new and old

now you move the settings.cfg for account no 1 into the old folder and the file for account no 2 into the new folder

make 2 .bat files and place them in the game root dir

this is how the files looks (with your own mode in reg to where the game is installed)

copy /y E:\"Sacred Underworld"\dual\new\settings.cfg E:\"Sacred Underworld"\settings.cfg
sacred.exe
exit

copy /y E:\"Sacred Underworld"\dual\old\settings.cfg E:\"Sacred Underworld"\settings.cfg
sacred.exe
exit

(now right click on the two .bat files and send to desktop) :)

:sweating::unsure::4rofl:

Ehh.. I can't get it to work.. It keeps saying the system cannot find the file specified.. do I need "s in my location or anything? Sorry I suck at commands :)

EDIT yes it did thanks bhj it's working now :)

:bow:

Edited by Timotheus
  • 4 months later...

Good One Gogo :unsure:

well, there's another simple Way..

The Account Selector by SacredVault. I think they abandoned it, when the Account Manager was released, luckily I still have it :o

zwischenablage01gn1.jpg

It's amazing, everything you need is that tiny Executable. It'll detect your Underworld Folder automatically (no matter, where the Executable is) and creates a File called accounts.cfg there.

This File "accounts.cfg" contains Information of your input Accounts. You eighter can add them through the Executable or a simple Editor.

When using an Editor, the Order is:

Account Name

Classic Key (without Spaces or -)

Underworld Key (without Spaces or -)

Next Account Name

etc

etc

Just for the Case, there might be Interested, I could take my Ressource Hacker and try to translate it ^^

:)

Therion

Edited by Therion X

Multiple Accounts Sorter download linkish thing

^ That is the link directly to the download. It was so freaking hard to find..... It seems that a mixture of not knowing German and no straightforward link to the download section makes it really hard to find things. What I finally did was replaced the .net in Csaszar's link with .org and it took me straight to it :4rofl:

• 5 months later...