[Solved] Possible Easter Egg - Strange Item on top of a mountain in the crystal region. Can you help me reach it?

Hey there:bye:

I noticed that in the crystal region on top of the mountain directly western to the watchtower where Seraphim Latencia dies during the First Steps quest, there spawns an item with the quest item icon on the minimap. The item is too far away to pick it up, there is no area on that mountain where you can teleport to get to the item (like you can on the swamp south) and there is also no "hidden pathway" to the item. So far, it seems to be inaccessible to me and I'm really curious what that item is about.:D (Btw don't trust my abilities to find hidden things, it may be that there is a secret pathway and I just can't find it)

I know that there is a bug where you can phase through things, something like tab out of the game and tab back in and suddenly your characters position is further into viewing direction without anything being able to block that but that only happened to me on random rare occurances and I don't know what exactly causes that othere than tabbing out has something to do with it. If it were possible to consistently recreate that, then I could maybe reach the item.

Edited by Lindor
  • Like! 1
1 hour ago, Lindor said:

I noticed that in the crystal region on top of the mountain directly western to the watchtower where Seraphim Latencia dies during the First Steps quest, there spawns an item with the quest item icon on the minimap. The item is too far away to pick it up, there is no area on that mountain where you can teleport to get to the item (like you can on the swamp south) and there is also no "hidden pathway" to the item. So far, it seems to be inaccessible to me and I'm really curious what that item is about.

I've just ckecked, I haven't got any spawmed item but I could be wrong. Don't you confuse with a Yeti's fur or something? Sometimes the quest indicator can move unreasonbly.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Could you post a screenie? For guidance. :)

I only see it as an item on the minimap that opens when you press tab. Screenshots unfortunately cannot show the minimap. Maybe there's a workaround if I somehow get the game to run in window mode, then I can use the windows snipping tool.

It's pretty much straight in my characters viewing direction:

RFKqpLp.jpg

1 hour ago, desm said:

I've just ckecked, I haven't got any spawmed item but I could be wrong. Don't you confuse with a Yeti's fur or something? Sometimes the quest indicator can move unreasonbly.

No I'm sure it's an item beacause it has the same icon as any questitem on the minimap. You know, that brown pack with the question mark. There's no quest marker, I only see the item if I'm close enough. I play with S2EE challenge mode module which triples fog of war removing range on the minimap (and therefore triples the amount of enemy spawns), so that's why I can see further on the minimap to spot the item. Maybe it spawns only after you've done a certain quest in the area? I didn't do that many quests when I first saw the item, mostle the ones in the starting area on the crystal region.

Edited by Lindor

I'm with Desm, maybe it's a Yeti's fur or something of the likes of that. If you start accepting quests in that region you have a lot of quest items scattered around.

PS: Yeah, I believe you can teleport via command line. I' don't remember the trick though.

Tried it with high elfs teleport, tried it with dryads forest flight, nothing works, there's just nothing where you can stand on (but it's possible that I just can't find the right spot, I'm not good at stuff like that):dntknw:

Another idea I head was increasing the pickup radius by ridiculous amounts. Tried it by modifying balance.txt, but it didn't work. Maybe there's a hidden cap or maybe I was looking in the wrong place to edit.:)

5 minutes ago, Androdion said:

I'm with Desm, maybe it's a Yeti's fur or something of the likes of that. If you start accepting quests in that region you have a lot of quest items scattered around.

PS: Yeah, I believe you can teleport via command line. I' don't remember the trick though.

But the item respawns at the same position every time I quit and reload, and by now I have completed every single quest in that region so there should be no more quest items:)

• The title was changed to [Solved] Possible Easter Egg - Strange Item on top of a mountain in the crystal region. Can you help me reach it?
8 hours ago, Lindor said:

Well, at least it was exciting to me

Actually it was exciting, does this game still have secrets to be found? When you see the amount of details, could be.

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, Androdion said:

I've got a similar case when going around the northern mountain ranges of Tyr Lysia. Somewhere between the needy water elemental and the cave of the demon from the crop circles quest there's also a quest marker in the mountains, in an inaccessible place. Never did I knew what it was. Probably the Arkenstone. :3lmao:

That's an interesting mystery that sounds familiar to me from somewhere, don't remember anymore from where. Would be sad if this remains unsolved.

If it's a quest marker (the small "inactive" silver circle), then there's no telling.  I've been seeing rogue circles ever since I first played Sacred 2 years ago.

Quest items (the little brown bags with a question mark) are much easier to track down.

3 hours ago, Flix said:

If it's a quest marker (the small "inactive" silver circle), then there's no telling.  I've been seeing rogue circles ever since I first played Sacred 2 years ago.

It is indeed. It's another one of those mysteries! :dntknw: