All Time Favourites

Aurora

Movie: I love so many so Ill just count the Top favorites I can do dialog to :)

Legend, Labyrinth, The Stand, The Shining(The second making not the first :P ) Interview with the Vampire, Bram Stokers Dracula, The Alien Quadrilogy

Books:

R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Drizzt Series (I could and have read these over and over) I do love those Dark Elves! :D

TV Shows:

Nip/Tuck, Robin Hood (bbc series), Tales from the Crypt, Dexter, Bones, 24, Supernatural :)

• 4 months later...

Wow this is crazy tough for me

Movie: Grease and all of the Star Wars movies

Book: Stuart Little (all the way from elementary school how funny but this book has always stayed my favorite) also anything by Mary Higgins Clark

TV Show: actually shows Charmed, Friends, and Scrubs

• 3 weeks later...

Blazing Saddles - Mel Brooks

A lesson in how to make a funny film for Holywood from Mr Brooks, although arguably he ran out of ideas for the ending. I never get bored of this film or of quoting it to friends. It's hard to imagine that Gene Wilder wasn't cast as the drunken Waco Kid (he was a last minute substitution as the original actor - a recovering alcholic - collapsed on set, leading Brooks to comment: "You want a drunk cowboy, get an actor, not a drunk cowboy"). And it's hard to imagine that Brooks would dance so deftly with racism in Amercian during the wild frontier years in a mainstream hollywood release: "Is it true what they say about your people?... it's twue, it's twue"

Favourite Line: "What did you expect? Hello sonny come on in? These are common people, people of the clay. You know, morons"

Favourite scene: Oh too many to count. Probably though the railroad scene at the beginning with the railroad crew bursting into a "typical" song "I get a kick out of you". I'd go into more detail, but I'm not as deft a dancer as Mel Brooks. Then there's the infamous "beans" scene - "I think you boys have had enough"

Count Zero by William Gibson

Gibson is the man who invented the near future computer AI based internet fiction. I'm not sure that's actually a category, but it sums up pretty well what his books are about. His magnum opus (that might be an ice cream) was of course Neuromancer. A book so good they haven't found a way to ruin it in film yet. Although I love Neuromancer dearly, Count Zero is my favourite if I had to pick. It's the story of a young computer hacker (calls himself Count Zero) who winds up nearly dead at the end of the second chapter, thanks to some illegal software he's given. It's a great read, a real page turner set in a bleak future - and Gibson does his usual rabbit tricks.

All Time favourite TV show would be Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Why? Because I get it and it makes me laugh. Even the stuff that isn't funny.

• 3 months later...

Movies: Too many to mention are good.

Books: Niven and Pournelle; especially The Mote in God's Eye, and sequel The Gripping Hand

Best short story ever - A Rose for Ecclesiastes by Zelazny

TV: Hands down, the summer replacement series from the late '60s -- The Prisoner with Patrick McGoohan (then recently quit from the show "Secret Agent")