All Time Favourites

Aurora

What is everyones all time favourite

I always find these questions sooo frustrating.... It's so hard to pin down just one... I will try though :)

-movie

Stealing Beauty (Liv Tyler, Jeremy Irons)

-book

On The Road by Jack Kerouac (reading this book was a defining moment in my life - I have had the wanderlust ever since)

-TV show

ummm... TV is so stupid... Ab Fab, The Young Ones, The L Word, ER, House are some of the better tv shows...

You can have more than one ;)

Favourite movie

3 very different ones:

-Devils Advocate

-Finding Neverland

-RealityBites

Oh and I have to add Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...it rox!

Favourite book

-The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

-The Drifters by James Michener

-The Troy Game series by Sara Douglass (I cant wait for the fourth one to come out sometime this year)

Favourite TV show

-Lost (yeah I have been sucked in but it is really good)

-Friends

Aurora

Book - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Movie - Can't pick a favorite, but the last great one I saw was "Everything is Illuminated"

Show - Black Books

Guest gogoblender

wow...hard one Arianna, and btw nice new avatar.

k...movies...I think it's gonna be Amadeus or Crash

book...Lord of the rings or Illusions by Richard Bach

tv show...absolutley hands down...Star Trek the next Generation!

Woot!

:)

gogo

hehe it is hard this one but here's mine (I think)...

Movies...Snatch...Clockwork Orange...Cassablanca..anything Monty Python...erm you did say we could have more than one ;)

Book...arhh there's so many...but one I read a few times was Weave World by Clive Barker.

The Tao of Pooh and The Te of Piglet by Benjamin Hoff

TV Show...Fawlty Towers....Basiiilllllllll lol

hehe great thread Aurora :D

It is hard to say my all time favourites, because of they are changing by time :P

Movies: Requiem for a dreams, Tarantino movies

Books: I like all I read. If I read :). If I don't like at the beginning of the book I usually don't finish. That is why I always read what everyone suggest. :thumbs:

Tv: Southpark is my best. I could watch them over and over. Nothing else I guess

Hi Yasara :). I haven't seen it for such a long time but I think I'll have to try to get it on dvd one of these nights. I found a link for it here though if you are interested. Killing Zoe

From what I remeber it had really graphic scenes of violence...pretty Tarantino like ;) but I do remeber enjoying it :D

Guest gogoblender

hey guys!

lol Shadow, I loved the fockers! Man, that first movie almost got me bursting a gut over it! I kept watching it over and over...I really think this was perhaps Ben stiller's best!

ERialc...Hostel?

oooh...that is supposed to be very VERY sick. I mean like...seeeing humans tortured and in despair...heh, some of my friends saw it and said it was the grossest thing they'd ever seen.

I"m too scared ta see it , but if you can handle definitely tell us how the movie (and yer stomach:P) went!:)

gogo

Well this was a bit of a toughie but here goes.

All time faves!

Movie: The Neverending Story!

I looooved this movie when it came out oh so long ago. It is now even more important to me than it was then. Its like one of those childhood defining movies. :)

More movie clips! Yay!

Book: The Chrysalids (quotes)

More influential to me than I think I could ever comprehend. This was a book that I was required to study in highschool along with Lord of the Flies and Animal Farm. The Chrysalids spoke of many concepts and was beautifully written. The major things I picked up on were tolerance and acceptance and I believe this book had a major influence on "who" I am today.

TV: Well this one was kinda tough because I haven't owned a tv in like 7 years and have maybe watched max 10 hours of tv in that time! :o I moved from small town to big city and in the big city there was just too much to do and see to have time to watch tv, so... I chose 2 tv shows.

TRANSFORMERS! I luuuurrrrrrve TRANSFORMERS. Optimus Prime was mah hero, haha! I had so many transformers and had ALL of them on display 24/7, changing their positions every week religously and often sacrificing one of my siblings to their laser guns! hehehe. :wow: Did I happen to mention I :wuv: TRANSFORMWERS?!?! :w00t:

Like, OMG! In doing a bit of reading on TRANSFORMERS! I've discovered Dreamworks and Hasbro are making a TRANSFORMERS movie to come out in 2007! Hahaha!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

errrrr, eh heh... :blush:

Whew! Ok, that was from my past and this one is recent.

firefly,(Better known as the movie Serenity), is my second most fave tv show. I got the complete series for christmas. I knew nothing about this show but my sister who gave it to me was so confident in its quality. And it IS quality. Right from the get go you can see the bond between the characters. The actors in this show are superb. Its essentially a space cowboys kinda thing going on. A rogue ship and its crew putting food on the table anyway they can which often means illegal trade and shipping.

Thats it. Me and my faves. :D

TRANSFORMERS!  I luuuurrrrrrve TRANSFORMERS.  Optimus Prime was mah hero, haha!  I had so many transformers and had ALL of them on display 24/7, changing their positions every week religously and often sacrificing one of my siblings to their laser guns!  hehehe.  :wow:  Did I happen to mention I  :wuv: TRANSFORMWERS?!?!  :w00t: 

Like, OMG!  In doing a bit of reading on TRANSFORMERS!  I've discovered Dreamworks and Hasbro are making a TRANSFORMERS movie to come out in 2007!  Hahaha!!  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

errrrr, eh heh...  :blush:

Whew!  Ok, that was from my past and this one is recent.

Yeh Transformers is the best cartoon show ever! :thor:

• 4 weeks later...

Movie: Mirror Mask, My fathers Den, Pups

Books: Harry Potter Series, House of Spirits, Paula, The turning

TV Shows: Arrested Development, The Office, American Dad,

And So so very many more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow this is a hard one!

Movie:

The best movie ever made IMO is American History X but it is such a powerful that it is very hard for me to watch it...

My favorite movie to actually watch over and over is Primal Fear.... notice how both my favorites have Edward Norton in a starring role? hehe He is amazing!

Book:

My favorite book will always be Alice in Wonderland no matter how old I get :D I still pull it out and read it when I have a really bad nightmare... it is just soo silly you can't stay afraid.

TV:

My favorite TV shows tend to change a lot... right now the one I look forward to watching the most I guess would have to be House MD.

Movie: Casablanca (Breakfast at Tiffany's is really good too)

Book: I can't do this one, there's so many good books I haven't read out there.

TV (in no particular order): Six feet under, Sex in the city, Buffy, Angel, Friends, X-File, Dawson's Creek, Ugly Betty, Queer as Folk, Full House, Charmed

I know, some are more silly than the others, but well whatever fills my time. :D