Loki: french demo released

http://www.loki-game.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11106#11106

other languages will follow soon, I guess...

Patch 1.0.0.3 (the 2nd update) is gonna be released today too.

Actually it seems like they're working hard to fix thousands of bugs, and will even implement new features in the future (maybe)

However, imho they'll never 'beat' Sacred or even Titan Quest. That's because the basic design can't be changed anymore, neither can they change the complete gfx or the character-developement... (that would be a new game then..)

But, wait for the demo (if you don't want to use the FR one, EN/GER will follow today or within the next days) and see for yourself

Edited by Rotluchs

Excellent news, Roluchs!

I'm going to wait for the english demo then give it a go.

I had a feeling it would be "smaller" than Sacred, but it's graphics look so hot I just wanted to see em in action.

yee haw!

:D

gogo

• 1 month later...

English Demo now to be found at Gameshadow

however you need to install a downloading program from with the same name.

I tried the french version just to see if it worked.. well it works .. so now I'm DL/ing the english version :4rofl:

okay I know I sound spoiled and all.. but I've run this game ( singleplayer so no network lag) on my rig which is a 2.4 gig 512 mb ram 128 mb onboard vid card set up.

and it's Friggin slow.... how slow is it:) well on average loading between maps is somewhere around 2-4 minutes. and those maps aren't even that big, so you get through them rather quick .. so more waiting for the next map. The combat system is also pretty wobbly if u ask me .. but that probably also has to do with the slow response time of the game on my pc .. cuz 1 second there's nothing the next second I'm surrounded by wolves and what not.... only thing .. that 1 second takes 2 seconds to refresh :)

I don't like the camera controls.. they're counternatural and pushing your mouse to the edge of the screen doesn't do ANYTHING.....and you can't zoom out far enough to get a decent view of the battlefield.

the only thing which looked kinda cool in this game was the blaacksmith possibilities .. which I haven't tested much but it seems with enough items you can create your own weapons.

Cyanide tried .. and IMHO they failed to make this game playable on a midclass rig. and I haven't even tried the online fucntions yet.. I just uninstalled it again.

graphics 6/10 ( nothing uber)

sound 7/10 ( nothing bad )

gameplay (4/10 (nothing good )

controls 3/10 ( horrible)

end conclusion 5/10 if you are into this type of game by all means spend your money, otherwise either wait till it hits the bargain bin .. or spend your money on another copy of Sacred... ( or save up for sacred 2 )

Edited by DreDBanGeR

owch

lol, I guess yer right...Sacred spoiled us..and years before Titanquest came out. It's too bad. I'd seen some of the graphics in action...lots of special effects..my kind of thing. But load times gets heavy after a while...specially slow ones.

Guess I'm putting this one on the back burner.

And thanks for the review

:)

gogo

• 1 month later...

well I totally disagree, im at my parents house and went over to my big bro and tried loki I love the game the camera tingy is okay the details very nice, well I like all rpg games that give the the "mojo effect" :cow_white: and this totally do :) so im getting on from my bro in a late birthsday present :) currently playing the Egytian dude I looooove him reminds me of Dal-Shim from Street Fighter hehe. my favorit god to vorship is Hourse he has the "summon Mummi" very usefull spell and then I got level 1 lightning im gonna pump the mummi because I love Summons :) hehehe.

so I would rate it like this:

graphics 8/10 ( the effects are good imo)

sound 7/10 ( good enough for me )

gameplay (10/10 (my style :lol: )

controls 8/10 (I like the way it's played little like nwn )

well as we all now thier are diffrent kinds of rpg's out in the world and some say "yeha lets buy it " others say "om this smell like dead cow" if all people liked the same games it would be stinky if ya all can follow me.

well im of again so see ya sometime next week

Cheerios

Epox