Funki's Baked Ricotta Cheesecake

Well we got a little off track in the application area so without further ado, here is my baked ricotta cheesecake.

Base

sweet biscuits - quantity depends on high thick you like your bases

butter - melted

Filling

500g ricotta cheese

4 eggs

250ml cream

1 tablespoon lemon juice

3/4 cup of castor sugar

1 tablespoon cornflour

Vanilla essence

Fruit (I usually use mango in can as it is the easiest) blend juice and fruit until pureed and set aside in fridge

How to

Grease/spray a spring form high pan

Set oven to 150 deg celcius

Crush biscuits into fine crumb and mix in butter - press firmly into base of spring form pan (I don't extend the crumb mix up the sides just the base)

Mix all filling ingredients and pour into spring form pan

Bake in 150 deg celcius oven for 90 minutes

I serve my cheesecake cold so normally make this the day before, sprinkle the top with icing sugar and when serving, pour the fruit coulis on the cheesecake.

This is the conversion page I use, as I gather quite a few recipes from different countries

Mix, Bake and Enjoy !

Edited by Funkilicious

Wow

Zoe, this actually doesn't look too hard for a complete non-baker noob like me :P. You know...this JUST may be possible for me, :blink:.

And it's just got more value 'cuz someone here thunked it up.

Thank you!

:cow_white:

gogo

Wow

Zoe, this actually doesn't look too hard for a complete non-baker noob like me :P. You know...this JUST may be possible for me, :blink:.

And it's just got more value 'cuz someone here thunked it up.

Thank you!

:cow_white:

gogo

This is soooooooo easy but so delicious, I have no idea how many times I have given this receipe out to friends I make it for. Its great for a dinner party because it is made the day before.

It can be jazzed up with seasonal fruits like yummy berries decorated around the plate, maybe a dollop of thick cream but I love the simplicity of fruit coulis. And for us girls you can get the lite ricotta so the calories can be lowered even further.

It should look like this art_104.md.jpg

Edited by Funkilicious